Advice please: Should i switch guilds for heroic aat?

So im in a great guild right now: we complete normal AAT Raids in about 3/4 days- im usually 1st or 2nd with about 9 mil damage.
However i do find that me and a few others are carrying dead weight in the guild and it is hindering my own progress.
My question is- do you think i should start searching for a heroic aat raid guild, or will i be a liability to the team?
Things i worry about-
I dont have chirpa or droids
My current guild has casual play style which i like- as in no one gets kicked if they go on holiday
Will i be able to offer enough damage in heroic?

I would appreciate advice please :)

Replies

• Options
    Amorgan wrote: »
    So im in a great guild right now: we complete normal AAT Raids in about 3/4 days- im usually 1st or 2nd with about 9 mil damage.
    However i do find that me and a few others are carrying dead weight in the guild and it is hindering my own progress.
    My question is- do you think i should start searching for a heroic aat raid guild, or will i be a liability to the team?
    Things i worry about-
    My current guild has casual play style which i like- as in no one gets kicked if they go on holiday

What's your roster?

9mil in 3/4 days is fairly low and heroic is a whole different ball game until we see your roster we can't advise.

Do you get 600 tickets a day religiously? As if not many heroic guilds won't take you anyway
  • Options
    I get my 600 tickets daily no problem.
    In terms of my roster, ive maxed my jedi and rebel teams, working on bounty hunters and empire right now but a good few weeks off getting them strong enough to do serious damage.

Maybe im not ready for heroic, but maybe another guild who complete normal aat faster?
  • Options
    Things i worry about-

I was almost in the exact same situation as you. A couple of months ago I thought about leaving to join a guild that I could do heroic tank raids with. I always finished top 1-3 in the raid. But I stayed because i really like my guild mates.

We are now just now starting heroic tank in next 2 weeks. I now have max Jedi droid chirpa and rebel team. I still finish top 1-3 in each raid. And my guild mates have all started getting stronger and stronger.

No doubt the rewards for heroic would have been a massive help to me. My arena rank has suffered due to me not being able to get my characters to gear 11.

What I would say is if you really like your guild and you feel like you are working toward a common goal then stay. However if you aren't that attachedto your guild mates and you are carrying dead weight then you can leave. What I would say is that if it's still taking 3 or 4 days to finish normal tank raid then you are at least 3 months from doing heroic. If that's too long then leave.

If you want to join our guild 'talk to the Han' we still have 3 spots left in our guild. We have all worked together sharing Information to help each other get ready for heroic. And we are almost there. If you joined we'd be probably ready and that'd be a great way for you to start in our guild!. We are a great bunch of guys (and 1 girl). We use line and have a lot chat and fun banter. Our guild rewards people staying so we are happy for people to have holidays from the game when they need to. Sounds like you and our guild could be a good fit.

If you decide you want to leave. Please let me know we would love to have you. Here is my ally code if you want to join or guild I will add you. I'm an officer.

Ally code 115 157 635.

Also here is my roster if you want to know you want be joining a guild of dead weight.

https://swgoh.gg/u/daddygeoff87/
  • Options
    I don't think you are quite ready for HATT yet, droid team and chirpatine is mandatory.
    You would just switch sides from carrying dead weight to being dead weight
  • Garth
    42 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I do alright in p3 and I don't have chirpa nor do I plan on using that combo, all you need is tfp!! If you think you're reading for heroic TTD and you find a suitable guild, just go for it.
  • Options
    Things i worry about-

I was almost in the exact same situation as you. A couple of months ago I thought about leaving to join a guild that I could do heroic tank raids with. I always finished top 1-3 in the raid. But I stayed because i really like my guild mates.

We are now just now starting heroic tank in next 2 weeks. I now have max Jedi droid chirpa and rebel team. I still finish top 1-3 in each raid. And my guild mates have all started getting stronger and stronger.

No doubt the rewards for heroic would have been a massive help to me. My arena rank has suffered due to me not being able to get my characters to gear 11.

What I would say is if you really like your guild and you feel like you are working toward a common goal then stay. However if you aren't that attachedto your guild mates and you are carrying dead weight then you can leave. What I would say is that if it's still taking 3 or 4 days to finish normal tank raid then you are at least 3 months from doing heroic. If that's too long then leave.

If you want to join our guild 'talk to the Han' we still have 3 spots left in our guild. We have all worked together sharing Information to help each other get ready for heroic. And we are almost there. If you joined we'd be probably ready and that'd be a great way for you to start in our guild!. We are a great bunch of guys (and 1 girl). We use line and have a lot chat and fun banter. Our guild rewards people staying so we are happy for people to have holidays from the game when they need to. Sounds like you and our guild could be a good fit.

If you decide you want to leave. Please let me know we would love to have you. Here is my ally code if you want to join or guild I will add you. I'm an officer.

Ally code 115 157 635.

Also here is my roster if you want to know you want be joining a guild of dead weight.

https://swgoh.gg/u/daddygeoff87/

Hey Geoff, thabks for the great advice. Im really interested in your offer- ive had a quick look at your roster it is impressive. If I were to join then i would probably be considered a work in progress by your standard, but i am always willing to put in the effort to improve.
    My ally code is 136-497-877 if you want to assess my potential
    If you deem me worthy, i'll leave my guild and join yours

Cheers!

• Daddy_Geoff_87
    157 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Mate all are welcome in our guild. I'll add you as an ally now. As we have 3 spots left if you leave your guild I'll add to ours immediately
  • Options
    Mate all are welcome in our guild. I'll add you as an ally now. As we have 3 spots left if you leave your guild I'll add to ours immediately

Thats great

Il say my goodbyes to my guild now then :)
  • Options
    Okay mate we are allies. You'll need to leave your guild for me to invite you to ours though
  • Options
    Okay mate we are allies. You'll need to leave your guild for me to invite you to ours though

All done :)
  • Options

And I've invited you to our guild
  • Options
    I get my 600 tickets daily no problem.
    In terms of my roster, ive maxed my jedi and rebel teams, working on bounty hunters and empire right now but a good few weeks off getting them strong enough to do serious damage.

Maybe im not ready for heroic, but maybe another guild who complete normal aat faster?

The fact that you get 600 a day is your main selling point a lot of heroics don't want huge hitters that will take their top rewards but the worker bees that will grind them the tickets.

I was expecting worse from your roster but if you're geared up on those toons to 11 you shouldn't have an issue and a heroic guild would be able to give you advice on how to maximise your damage output effectively.

Sometimes it's about holding off certain players and getting them to hit a different phase to get the max % out of that player as possible.

As for whether you should leave or not.

If you are looking solely at your gameplay. Yes.
    It's not just for GK shards even though he will boost you up in many areas of the game it's about general activity and people being able to give advice and share tactics with even theory crafting teams etc a bigger active guild that is doing heroic is more use to you as a player than a dead one that you're carrying.

If you're being sentimental then you're gonna hinder your own play.
  • Options

Hope it works out for you, personally would have shopped about a bit as I've known a fair few forum recruits gone bad.

Good luck to both of you though :)
  • Options
    I would explore what's best for your gaming experience. If you are in the game to win at arena or conquer certain elements of the game like haat then move to a stronger guild. But if you are in it to make friends online and like your guild then stay with them.

I had the exact same thing. But I chose to conquer the game. My arena started slipping to 40th and the game felt stale. I moved and am loving it. Arena already back into top 10. Only cause I can focus on playing. But then again I didn't have time to enjoy friends in the game only play the game so