New player, please help...I think I messed up!!

Prev13
Ok so I've been playing this game for a few months, and even though my characters are at really high levels and I always upgrade their skills and their gear, I am losing and don't get very high in arena. Galactic war seems even harder to do good in.

When I started I was gaining levels really fast, like 2 or 3 a day. I bought some crystals and some chromium cards and pulled a couple new characters. The missions were pretty hard for the dark and light side so I bought a lot of crystals and spent them on training droids and credits. So I maxed out all of my characters, Luke, chewy, clone sergeant, talia, red guard, Jedi consulate, snow trooper, ewok scout, corusant underworld police, nightsister acolyte, resistance pilot, tie fighter pilot and mace.

So now I have all of these with Level 54 characters and I have been farming better characters for synergy like in galactic war I have been farming nightsister initiative to go with talia and nightsister acolyte so I will have a really good synergy and nice dark side team to beat these hard battles I struggle on.

In arena I am farming between greedo and corusant underworld police, one is light side and one is dark but it is going really slow and I don't finish high in arena. I have been buying crystals to do refreshes to get these two higher gear so I get more arena tokens to farm faster.

In cantina I have been farming stormtrooper to go with my snowtrooper synergy and for when I unlock Darth Vader, but I am not doing good on achievements so that will be awhile.

I am in the guild and trying hard on raids but not doing so good there either. I think this is to hard. But I get good rewards when we win and I have been farming gamorean guard, finally I can have a strong character with him because I can never kill him in the raids.

So in my battles every day on cantina I farm chewy or talia in the battles. In the light side I farm talia and chewy again and on the dark side I farm clone sergeant and Jedi consular.

A lot of my characters are all like level 53 or 54 now and are getting very powerful like over 2000 power with 4 or 5 stars and already have like gear level iv, v, or vi. I think I will have a very good teams for light and dark and arena will get better. But I am always losing on galactic war, it is really hard. Do I just have to buy more crystals to do refreshes so I can get my best people like chewy and talia and Luke more stars. I know I need to get greedo and corusant underworld police and nightsister intiative up to 6 or 7 stars but it really takes a long time to get tokens when you keep losing arena and galactic war everyday.

I bought another chromium pack and more credits this morning so now I also have Jedi knight guardian and she is Level 54 but I don't have enough of the purple abilities mats for all her skill. Now I have 3 Jedi and 3 nightsister, and eventually will have Darth Vader and two trooper guys for him. I am getting good squads started, and I still have chewy and ewok scout to go with Jedi or maybe corusant police or Luke, but I think Luke needs to be a Jedi instead. And I have a royal guard and greedo and soon have a gamorean guard that can go with the dark side.

What do you guys think? Do I have a good plan and synergies for light side and dark side. What team for arena and galactic war? Would you do light or dark or mix them? Who is my best 5? I really want to farm arena and galactic war faster but I have to get more wins to do it.

Replies

• Options
    What's your ally code?
    I'll try to help you a bit
  • Options
    Just in case you're serious...

Try working on Biggs, stormtrooper Han, and Boba Fett. They're farmable through GW, arena, and cantina, respectively.
  • Options
    CleverWes wrote: »

Try working on Biggs, stormtrooper Han, and Boba Fett. They're farmable through GW, arena, and cantina, respectively.

I will have to start over on my farms and will take many more months. Talia and chewy are getting close to 6* already. And should I give up on the nightsister then. I really thought if you put people from the same teams together that they will be really powerful together.
  • Options
    if you look at the 3 he specified you have the right idea.he is just listing a stronger synergy team you can get easier
  • Options
    Unfortunately, nightsisters are currently the worst group you can have. It's definitely worth starting your farming over if you're looking to have an easier time.
  • Options
    Is this for real or are you trolling? ... every one of the toons you mentioned is ...

As CleverWes mentioned try and get some toons that have better synergy/abilities than the ones you currently have. Check out warrior from team instincts you tube page. He just recently poseted a video of the best / top 26 free to play character sthat you should concentrate on farming and gearing.
  • Options
    What do you guys think? Do I have a good plan and synergies for light side and dark side. What team for arena and galactic war? Would you do light or dark or mix them? Who is my best 5? I really want to farm arena and galactic war faster but I have to get more wins to do it.

All the characters you are using or working on are terrible. You need to stop working on them immediately and focus on viable characters. I'd suggest going for rebels (Wedge, Biggs, Stormtrooper Han, Lando) or Droids (HK-47, IG-88, IG-86, B2).

Other good characters you could farm are Boba Fett, Jawa Engineer, Tie Fighter Pilot, Royal Guard, Jedi Knight Anakin and Qui-Gon Jinn.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Yeah, you messed up pretty badly, unfortunately. Most of your characters are completely worthless even when they are maxed out.TFP, Mace, Royal Guard are worth keeping. Farm Biggs, Wedge, Anakin, Aayla, Qui Gon, Stormtrooper Han, Ackbar, or Leia. You won't be able to do anything at max level with what you have, and that isn't an exaggeration.
  • Options
    Morwhen wrote: »

All the characters you are using or working on are terrible. You need to stop working on them immediately and focus on viable characters. I'd suggest going for rebels (Wedge, Biggs, Stormtrooper Han, Lando) or Droids (HK-47, IG-88, IG-86, B2).

Other good characters you could farm are Boba Fett, Jawa Engineer, Tie Fighter Pilot, Royal Guard, Jedi Knight Anakin and Qui-Gon Jinn.

Good luck!

I didn't think a toon could be terrible, that wouldn't be good for the game. I figured if those were the toons I got at the beginning if I get them to end game levels especially if I have an entire team of just one faction it would be really good. With so many skills and abilities all characters should have an equal chance with the right teammates and strategy. Good I have royal guard and tie fighter pilot, but they don't do much damage.
  • Options
    Mr_Eel wrote: »
    Yeah, you messed up pretty badly, unfortunately. Most of your characters are completely worthless even when they are maxed out.TFP, Mace, Royal Guard are worth keeping. Farm Biggs, Wedge, Anakin, Aayla, Qui Gon, Stormtrooper Han, Ackbar, or Leia. You won't be able to do anything at max level with what you have, and that isn't an exaggeration.

Man I really thought chewy was going to be my best bet, and him and ewok scout didn't do that great together, I thought they'd have more synergy because of return of the Jedi
  • Options
    Man, either you are big fat troll or one of the dumbest player I have seen. Give us your ally code otherwise I cannot believe that you can have such big load of garbage
  • Options

I will have to start over on my farms and will take many more months. Talia and chewy are getting close to 6* already. And should I give up on the nightsister then. I really thought if you put people from the same teams together that they will be really powerful together.

The game is not really balanced properly so anyone can easily find themselves in the predicament that you are finding yourself in.

In any case this is not an easy game to master unless you spend thousands of dollars on a monthly basis. If you really look at how long it can take to 7 star and fully gear 11 ONE character, you would not be worried about redoing some toons. It is not like you will be any worse than you are already. However, once you have built up the good toons you will be more competitive and get more enjoyment out of the game.

Just to give an idea ; Any new toon that is released (usually more OP than older toons) usually is only available through chromium packs. It also has a typical drop rate of less than 7% from chromium packs. This can be worse if the RNG gods are not working for you. People reportedly spent thousands to get 330 shards for baze.

However 7 star toon is just the beginning, mods and gears are where you actually get gated at. Both credit and drop rates are so low that it can take months to get the right gear to drop. I have 10 characters right now at gear 8 that are waiting on the exact same 50 pieces of one type, 50 pieces of another and 20 of another to ge one out of six gear slots filled. The gear is only available from raids but raid drops are completely random and you may get gear that you do not need which I have been getting despite doing three raids a week.

Once you do get the characters geared up the sense of accomplishment is high but you do have to slog through a lot of bad stuff in between.

• Options
    Sapient2k7 wrote: »

The game is not really balanced properly so anyone can easily find themselves in the predicament that you are finding yourself in.

In any case this is not an easy game to master unless you spend thousands of dollars on a monthly basis. If you really look at how long it can take to 7 star and fully gear 11 ONE character, you would not be worried about redoing some toons. It is not like you will be any worse than you are already. However, once you have built up the good toons you will be more competitive and get more enjoyment out of the game.

Just to give an idea ; Any new toon that is released (usually more OP than older toons) usually is only available through chromium packs. It also has a typical drop rate of less than 7% from chromium packs. This can be worse if the RNG gods are not working for you. People reportedly spent thousands to get 330 shards for baze.

However 7 star toon is just the beginning, mods and gears are where you actually get gated at. Both credit and drop rates are so low that it can take months to get the right gear to drop. I have 10 characters right now at gear 8 that are waiting on the exact same 50 pieces of one type, 50 pieces of another and 20 of another to ge one out of six gear slots filled. The gear is only available from raids but raid drops are completely random and you may get gear that you do not need which I have been getting despite doing three raids a week.

Once you do get the characters geared up the sense of accomplishment is high but you do have to slog through a lot of bad stuff in between.

Wow I thought I was progressing really fast, the most I needed for gear was like 5 of one thing and sometimes I had to wait a whole day to get it. Really I feel like getting 85 shards for chewy to get star 6 is forever.
  • crzydroid
    7332 posts Moderator
    Options
    Man I really thought chewy was going to be my best bet, and him and ewok scout didn't do that great together, I thought they'd have more synergy because of return of the Jedi

Ok...this comment makes me think troll.

If you're serious...yeah, stop all those toons and focus on some of the others that have been suggested.
  • Options
    This is the video I was talking about. https://youtu.be/VDoadb8jNm8
  • Options

Common misconception, but not to burst your bubble, but chewy and talia are bad... using them is like putting Mr. Bean and Lindsey Lohan on your team. Once keeps wasting turns making gawd awful noises and the other keeps wasting turns and self destructing at same time.

Boba is your best overall option
    Biggs and wedge
    Royal guard is a good solid tank
    Tie fighter pilot should be available to you soon also.

Stop using luke and tell him to go get you some power converters from tosche station!
  • Options

That was way different then what I have. I only have two people from that list I think
  • Options

Oh absolutely I'll repost this vid a 3rd time because its very very very good.
    Hopeful you watch it.

Cheers!
  • Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »

Common misconception, but not to burst your bubble, but chewy and talia are bad... using them is like putting Mr. Bean and Lindsey Lohan on your team. Once keeps wasting turns making gawd awful noises and the other keeps wasting turns and self destructing at same time.

Biggs and wedge

Stop using luke and tell him to go get you some power converters from tosche station!

LOL! Funny but well said!
  • Options
    Yeah no joke unless you intend to scrap your farming plans and shift maybe even restart your account. It will take ages to fix whats wrong with your toons. There is no synergy strictly in being light or dark side. It feels like you assumed any toon was good and that just random light side was good synergy. You need common types ie clones, jedi, empire, rebels and even at that they must be the right ones.
  • Options

Biggs and wedge

So basically all of the characters I got at the beginning of the game are useless, and so are the ones I got from chromium packs besides red guard and Jedi consulate and the two pilots I have. A rebel pilot and a tie pilot. I spent like $60-70 getting them all leveled up and finding gear for them. Ughhh
  • Options
    What about the gamorean guard and curasant police. They are like my best damagers. Are they going to be as useless as chewy? Because that guard is one tough SOB in the raid. That is why I farmed him
  • Options
    Not all are useless they just drop off as you get higher up, as new toons open up to you those starter toons are far less useful. Basically they get you to a point and from there you have to adapt and change to different toons.

Biggs and wedge

So basically all of the characters I got at the beginning of the game are useless, and so are the ones I got from chromium packs besides red guard and Jedi consulate and the two pilots I have. A rebel pilot and a tie pilot. I spent like $60-70 getting them all leveled up and finding gear for them. Ughhh

• Options
    Are you a sanitary worker? Because you have pretty sweet collection of garbage.

4a4e57c0d408e672718a34d03d4f02be.jpg
    Add storm trooper and your training will be complete. Lol, seriously thanks for the laughs.
  • Sapient2k7
    191 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yeah your current roster is not great but there is no time better than now to course correct. Spending further resources into your current squad is a waste of time and energy and will bring nothing but frustration.

Check out other videos in the series, warrior has some good ideas. There are other you tuners that do videos on team synergy that will give you a better idea on the game.

Just one more note , best use of crystals is energy not credits, not gear and certainly not packs. You can use your ally points to get bronziums and they can get you some good toons, I think last time I checked on average every 18k you get a full toon and every 6k you get shards. I have gotten much better drops than this as well. My red guard is 6stars all from bronziums and I got my bariss to 7 stars with help from bronziums ( I farmed her in cantina) . I have been playing close to 3.5 months now.
  • Options
    Khayman wrote: »
    Yeah no joke unless you intend to scrap your farming plans and shift maybe even restart your account. It will take ages to fix whats wrong with your toons. There is no synergy strictly in being light or dark side. It feels like you assumed any toon was good and that just random light side was good synergy. You need common types ie clones, jedi, empire, rebels and even at that they must be the right ones.

That is what I was doing with nightsister and Jedi. And what I thought that storm trooper and snow trooper will work when I get Vader because they are always together in the movies when Vader gets out of his ship
  • Options
    Khayman wrote: »

Yeah when I Level up an ability it will tell you the next level will be +15% damage. But I have no way to know what the second or third level up does. I been waiting for the nightsister initiative and acolyte to unlock combo moves together
  • Options
    Gamorean guard is decent enough in the endgame with a zeta vader lead. CUP at least introduced you to the power of stuns, but he winds up hitting like a piece of dried straw and is slow, seems good in beginning though.

Try daka, her stun % is higher AND she can hit 2 peopke with it. Gamorean guard is still great for credit heist.

Rebels
    Scoundrels
    Empire
    Droids

Focus on making a team for each.
    Jedi are over-rated but not useless.

And tell luke to go shoot some whomp-rats!
  • Options
    Gamorean guard is decent enough in the endgame with a zeta vader lead. CUP at least introduced you to the power of stuns, but he winds up hitting like a piece of dried straw and is slow, seems good in beginning though.

Try daka, her stun % is higher AND she can hit 2 peopke with it. Gamorean guard is still great for credit heist.

Rebels
    Scoundrels
    Empire
    Droids

Focus on making a team for each.
    Jedi are over-rated but not useless.

And tell luke to go shoot some whomp-rats!

Yeah I like the stuns CUP and royal guard get, sometimes that is why I win those hard matches honestly! I'm glad the gamorean guard will be good at least.
  • Options
    Swgoh.gg can be your friend. It will show what toons can do, rosters of other players. I would take a look there.