IG-86 vs. Geo Soldier vs. Resistance Pilot

Prev1
DarthBooey
250 posts Member
edited January 2016
So, I have all three of these goons, and need to know which one to level. Looking for a top-notch, consistent PVP candidate. They are very similar: good main punch, special attack that hits harder.

Who is the best candidate to level and promote? Who ultimate hits hardest consistently? Better health? Who pairs best with others?

Resistance Pilot has been getting some recent attention, and I am wondering how he works with Sid in the lead. Crit much?

Discuss!.....

IG-86 vs. Geo Soldier vs. Resistance Pilot 107 votes

IG-86
20%
jeremyj26CrymsonkyngfungushnitzelSixplicitItscaptainphasmatjw_tjw14garcia_george99BlumpKingReeYeesStigbrinauerayemekliergoobstoobJaeden92DogaDadi44Equus_PallidusTheroastyorarestentCrfty 22 votes
Geo Soldier
67%
HyperalloyPhyneasStarcronBarrokJabberwockyRutankDarkcloudBlurClintos_FreshmakerFantazyHendoBoro_Smooth1ichotolotThrixelVouterthisgameisdopeShenariaDudesterTakkozakjanos 72 votes
Resistance Pilot
7%
DrekulviinBowTieJediShadowHoundWillkimm98TakeakayakEllo_Astykgong1Lei 8 votes
None of the above, level somebody else
4%
Syth_HunterMasterTamiasFinnMacjackylBigal 5 votes

Replies

• Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Geo Soldier
    86 is really good too if you're running more than 1 droid, hk + 88 + poggle and poe is a seriously deadly team. You can trade out poe for Phasma or sid (poggle buff on, sid can crit for 4k aoe). Where phasma can just turn lock your team into attacking again. When your 88/86 are basic attacking for 5k each it's enough + 50 turn meter for every crit.
  • Options
    IG-86
    Whoops, accidentally voted for 86. Meant GS.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    jeremyj26 wrote: »
    Whoops, accidentally voted for 86. Meant GS.

Bad day for the IG familiy :s
  • Fixer
    150 posts Member
    Options
    Geo Soldier
    No one from the 86 gonna represent...
  • Fixer
    150 posts Member
    Options
    Geo Soldier
    Personally im not that high a level and im a f2p player so not exactly getting past top 1000 yet but im happy with the crystals i recieve and gs has been in my team since i got him and eventually left the comfort of familiarity, his special attack just punches huge holes for me and not a bad cooldown
  • Options
    Geo Soldier
    Ig86 only if you're running a droid team. Geo is better in any other situation
  • Options
    Geo Soldier
    86 only in a droid squad, Res pilot in a resistance squad, otherwise GS.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    I'm hearing a lot of Poggle talk too. If I have a high-crit team with Sid in the lead, is Poggle really that beneficial with a buff? I know he doesn't hit all that hard.
  • Options
    P.S. If I threw FOTP in there, would he have beat Geo Soldier?
  • Options
    Geo Soldier
    At the moment I use Sid as a leader, poggle to buff and both GS and IG86. I assure you that the two guys make crits almost every attack, they're deadly!
    But GS is much more solid out of a Poggle/droid team.
    (FOTP is probably the best, but is veeery hard to promote...)
  • Options
    IG-86
    Sid lead. Poggle, 88, 86, Poe. Melts face
  • Options
    Resistance Pilot
    Resistance pilot hit for 3k consistently and goes up to 6k with critical and that's with his basic attack
    Gear 8 , 7* level 65 he's my top attacker with Luminara and Sidious
  • Options
    Drekulviin wrote: »
    Resistance pilot hit for 3k consistently and goes up to 6k with critical and that's with his basic attack
    Gear 8 , 7* level 65 he's my top attacker with Luminara and Sidious

Now we're talkin! I wanted to hear from someone who actually had a high level Res Pilot. They're rare. Hmmmm..... it's never that easy, is it.
  • Options
    I want to know more about Resistance Pilot myself....
  • Options
    IG-86
    I would like to hear from someone who has a fully starred and leveled Hoth rebel...
  • Options
    Geo Soldier
    Consider this: GS at Swarm level 8, every attack will be his special + assist. If you thought people were crying about FOTP...
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Geo Soldier
    GS's damage rate is very very high on his assist skill to. Something like 2.6. So if he gets that every turn he is going to wreck.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Geo Soldier
    Geo special can go to -2 cooldown if you have the mats, such a bonus for a heavy hitter that also gets an assist.
  • Options
    Geo Soldier wins by a landslide.

Next question, is he better than FOTP in the long run?
  • Options
    I have a maxxed res pilot, hes pretty good. Like a weaker slower rey/fotp
  • Options
    Resistance Pilot
    I have a maxed res pilot lvl 66 and he's a beast, I hit for 3.5k non crit with basic attack. He has expose 55% and foresight 65% chance. In one turn if he crit (and he crits a lot) and dodge (easy with foresight) he gain nearly 50% turn meter. You are guaranteed a kill on nearly every toon with a crit + expose.
  • Options
    Resistance Pilot
    I have a maxed res pilot lvl 66 and he's a beast, I hit for 3.5k non crit with basic attack. He has expose 55% and foresight 65% chance. In one turn if he crit (and he crits a lot) and dodge (easy with foresight) he gain nearly 50% turn meter. You are guaranteed a kill on nearly every toon with a crit + expose.

What is his health at?
  • Blam
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Mine r pilot is at 9150 6* and missing 2 pieces of gear that would give him 50 str and 250hp
  • Options
    RP sounds nice

Need to work on it after 7* did

Which means a geared n starred RP will be mis end Feb for me.
  • Options
    Resistance Pilot
    His health is at 9k4 but the "problem" with resistance pilot is that he's really difficult to gear up
  • Options
    His health is at 9k4 but the "problem" with resistance pilot is that he's really difficult to gear up

I will work on RP probably mid end Feb

Phasm or RP...
  • Options
    Phasma is probably better, but I wanted a heavy hitter and rp hasn't let me down
  • Options
    Geo Soldier
    I think Geo Soldier is insane.
    He is easy to get and gear up
    He has the 4th best speed in the game.
    His damage is insane
    His assist ability does incredible damage and it has 1 turn of cool down when you upgrade it.
  • Options
    Geo Soldier
    GS can also get to gear level 9 right now. And he's extremely easy to farm, especially early on.
  • puppyCasey
    208 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This is useful to me

I would get GS in a heart beat but i dont like the low Cantina Energy and purple ability mats drop vs getting barriss or dooku (i have 7* kylo ren).

I have a lot of extra GW tokens, and 7* phasma and 7* luminara, so RP is tempting. But it doesnt seem like RP is high dps out the gate, more like high dps over time, which seems less useful, especially since his hp isnt fantastic.then there is poggle who is pretty cool cuz maybe general grievous will be a new character ...

Well, I wish i could choose btwn dooku, barriss, and GS from Cantina. I am heavily leaning towards GS. But then ithink every1gonna have a jedi n i wish i had dooku...

Too many choices honestly.