Silent memebers

Prev1
How do you contact guild mates who can't read the in game chat, aren't available on the forum, and who don't use a chat app?

Replies

• scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Use the force!
  • Options
    By using the guild description?
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Or

UseTheSchwartz_02.jpg
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    By using the guild description?

This is probably your only hope.
  • Options
    That's too bad.
  • Options
    G-Kick?
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Options
    I hate to do it because they are strong players with heroic tank teams. We are trying to merge and I can't tell them.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    How did they contact you to join in the first place?
  • Options
    The have been around for a while, I accepted their request early on.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Gotcha. Try posting something on the description or have someone ready to send him a guild invite right away and then boot him.
    Hopefully he will get it.
  • Options
    It's worth a try I guess. Thank you scuba.
  • Options
    You can try sending a droid out to deliver a hologram
  • Options
    We have a guy with 92 7* L85 G11 toons. He has spoken twice in chat since guilds were introduced.

As long as he contributes 600 and follows rules we dont mind
  • Options
    If you really want to, just boot them and see if they contact you about rejoining.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    If they aren't interested in the future of your guild then they might have to go. It's their decision to ignore/not read the chat
  • Options
    Keep in mind that the in-game chat fills up with tons of notifications, and if the guy's in another time-zone than yours, he may never even see your message. Try posting the same message at different times of the day?

Make a thread on this forum, with an easy way to use "Find" to locate it?
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    If you really want to, just boot them and see if they contact you about rejoining.

while an idea yes i find most people who get booted from anything just move on.

any time i've ever been booted from a website, forum, game, etc. i just move on. usually i just find a similar website, forum, game, etc. to join.

far more important things in life than to be concerned with why someone kicked you from something plus if they don't want me bad enough to kick me i don't wanna be a part of them anyhow.

• Options
    Both of these guys are supposed to be part of a merge. I would like to get them because they have strong rosters. If I can't, then it's not the end of the world.
  • Options
    We have a guy with 92 7* L85 G11 toons. He has spoken twice in chat since guilds were introduced.

As long as he contributes 600 and follows rules we dont mind

This.

We have a lot of people who don't speak up. Since we're a small, young guild we post up about who wants to do what raid next, etc. We get a majority vote and if folks don't speak up, they don't get a say in what happens. Other than that - as long as they contribute, we don't mind.
  • Options
    Tiggus wrote: »
    Keep in mind that the in-game chat fills up with tons of notifications, and if the guy's in another time-zone than yours, he may never even see your message. Try posting the same message at different times of the day?

This as well. I'll post up the same thing 3 times a day so it gets noticed because the guild chat fills up quickly. Additionally, I look at it like this - if you're a decent person or player with your guild's intentions in mind, it's easy to open the guild chat and scroll through the past 24 hrs to see if anything new is up.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Use the force!

^ :smile:

Or smoke signals.
  • Options
    You know, I have tried using the Schwartz and smoke signals. I even hired boba fett to find them with no luck at all. The advice you get in here is awesome! Thanks!
  • Options
    Tiggus wrote: »

Make a thread on this forum, with an easy way to use "Find" to locate it?

You can turn that off in the settings.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    We have language filters for the in game chat. I don't understand why it is turned off for minors. Communication is a big part of this game.
  • Options
    So that pedobears cannot trick minors...
  • DrewR
    272 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Use the force!

+1
  • Options
    Is it me? I'm in guild "Dark Force Knights". Started playing over a year ago but when I 1st downloaded the game I didnt setup on Google Play...I set up a guest account not thinking i'd become addicted and playing everyday. Recently got a new phone but cannot transfer guest account to new phone and sync with Google Play, so I have no way to chat with guild through the game.
    If its not me are there any suggestions on how to fix this?
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Is it me? I'm in guild "Dark Force Knights". Started playing over a year ago but when I 1st downloaded the game I didnt setup on Google Play...I set up a guest account not thinking i'd become addicted and playing everyday. Recently got a new phone but cannot transfer guest account to new phone and sync with Google Play, so I have no way to chat with guild through the game.

An ex-guildie of mine had this same issue when switching phones. He thought he was going to lose all progress (and about $8000 worth of purchases). Try contacting support. They were able to save his account somehow or other.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Ragnir2 wrote: »
    We have language filters for the in game chat. I don't understand why it is turned off for minors. Communication is a big part of this game.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/350473/#Comment_350473
    Our game is COPPA Compliant (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act).
    As part of that compliance, accounts which are set up as minors will not have access to Guild chat.
    Hope that helps.
    Thanks.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @Darth_Grave24
    Make a google play account, log in on the old phone. It will ask you if you want to continue with your guest account. Select yes. Log in and Play on your new phone.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.