Kylo ren!

Kylo ren, I think a lot of people don't like him but I'm not sure why, sure he has a face of a goon but he's shown so much potential and don't forget I think we're gunna see his true strength on episode 8. Anyway in the game I think he's... ok I'd love to use him more but he's so weak I like his unique ability and his outrage move but at the moment that's all I think he's got going for him. Can't wait for the re work! But I wonder what improvements are happening. I want to hear some ideas! I'm so excited!

Replies

• Options
    I haven't seen anything posted confirming a overhaul is happening. Do you have a link?
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    MoBlaq wrote: »
    I haven't seen anything posted confirming a overhaul is happening. Do you have a link?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/89004/game-update-1-25-2017#latest
    It's under the "whats new" part
  • Options
    Thanks you beat me too it!
  • Options
    Be cause he's the new baddie we expect to see growing in th next Star Wars film. I personally though the portrayal came across as whiny. I know Adam driver is not like that as a person so it much have been what the director wanted him to do for reasons that are beyond me. Hence some people thinking Kylo is stupid and others loving him.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    I saw a suggestion for his unique ability that I thought was exciting, and is a direct reference the movie
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/68778/thematic-addition-to-kylo-rens-unique
  • Options
    Yeah I understand why people think he's **** but i think we should at least wait till the next movie before completely writing him off.
  • Options
    Like the sound of that!
  • Options
    If I had to fix Kylo, the first thing I'd do is give him some damage. They kinda forgot to do this the first time around, but I think it's necessary. Considering, you know, he's an attacker.

His basic is ehhhhhh. It's not awful, but it's not really meant to be the focus. I'd probably just put an extra DOT on there any time he hits a Jedi or Resistance toon.

Lash out is boring. It's just straight-up boring. He does some pitiful damage then turns into a bad Fives for a turn. I would make this a much harder-hitting ability which has a chance to take turn meter away from enemies, daze the main target, and give his allies Speed up.

He's basically cleaving through your ranks like a goddamn madman, that's gonna make a lot of people pause for a moment and re-evaluate their life decisions that led them to that point. At the same time, it's gonna make his allies fight harder, because they don't want him to do that horrifying stuff to them.

Outrage is kinda cool, but a bit messed-over by Protection. So, I'd simplify it to deal the extra damage to any enemy that had hit Kylo between his turns. Also, I'd make it do more damage. Are you noticing the theme yet?

With Unstoppable, I'd simply make it so that he has a much higher chance to reset his cooldowns, but only if he's targeting the person who damaged him. He's basically tunnel-visioning on the people who have actually hit him, then showing them why that was an astoundingly awful idea. Plus, this works well with the outrage change.
  • Options
    Definitely needs more damage then? Lol and ye I agree with his lash it needs to pack more of a punch and like
    You say maybe when he uses game away turn meter or something other ideas I like!
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    I saw a suggestion for his unique ability that I thought was exciting, and is a direct reference the movie
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/68778/thematic-addition-to-kylo-rens-unique

That feeling where you're linked to your very old post and notice a typo :(
  • Options
    I'd say a unique ability where being attacked by any enemy with a blaster has a chance to deflect said blaster damage back to enemy

An ability where he deals special damage takes all buffs and tm from target enemy and gains it for himself
  • Options
    It's hard for me to expect anything other than additional DoT's or possibly an additional new ability when something like (which I'd absolutely love but really can't see happening) a cleanse on his AoE could be spammed due to Unstoppable.
    Cleanse on a any single Atk? Hell yes please.

Definitely needs a general damage buff.
    A Vader like DoT cleanse for additional damage per dot &/or a one turn taunt on Lash Out?

A greater damage for Outrage with a higher %damage to buffed opponents for each green dot?

(Just throwing ideas in the wind here, lol)

Whatever the case, I'm looking forward to what they have in store.
  • Options
    Kylo Ren did not look scary. He looks weak, to skinny and frail, and to much of a pretty boy look. I think if they would have cast him better and made him look more like a man than a boy, and a bigger build to make him look more powerful then more people would like him and he could be a more powerful toon. I feel like he's the runt of the skywalker family.
  • Options
    And he kind of looks like the kind of guy who wears skinny jeans under his cloak
  • Thanaton
    166 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Maljr1980 wrote: »
    Kylo Ren did not look scary. He looks weak, to skinny and frail, and to much of a pretty boy look. I think if they would have cast him better and made him look more like a man than a boy, and a bigger build to make him look more powerful then more people would like him and he could be a more powerful toon. I feel like he's the runt of the skywalker family.

I have a feeling Kylo is about to evolve & explode into one Evil AF sonnofabish in the next few movies (if he's not cut in half & falls down an duct).
    I hear they wanted to show the growth of both hero & villain (as opposed to OT's already established Vader) in these latest films.
    Looking forward to how this plays out.
    And he kind of looks like the kind of guy who wears skinny jeans under his cloak

Hahaha!
    Most toons in this game actually look like they have on skinny jeans.
    But that sly dog Moff has skinny cargo pants. So ahead of his time.

• Options
    Yoda was a little green guy and yet he was a Jedi master, my point is I know ren doesn't look exactly like a villain but don't forget we have another two
    Episodes yet and he's already shown potential ( been able to stop a blaster completely in mid air which no one else has managed to do) and he killed his own father!
  • Options
    Yoda was a little green guy and yet he was a Jedi master, my point is I know ren doesn't look exactly like a villain but don't forget we have another two
    Episodes yet and he's already shown potential ( been able to stop a blaster completely in mid air which no one else has managed to do) and he killed his own father!

And he killed the Exorcist In the first 5min.
    Cold bro.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    I l

I think thats kind of the point of his character and i like it.
  • Options
    Kyleslater wrote: »
    Be cause he's the new baddie we expect to see growing in th next Star Wars film. I personally though the portrayal came across as whiny. I know Adam driver is not like that as a person so it much have been what the director wanted him to do for reasons that are beyond me. Hence some people thinking Kylo is **** and others loving him.

He was HYSRERICAL on "Girls"

• Options
    Kyleslater wrote: »
    Be cause he's the new baddie we expect to see growing in th next Star Wars film. I personally though the portrayal came across as whiny. I know Adam driver is not like that as a person so it much have been what the director wanted him to do for reasons that are beyond me. Hence some people thinking Kylo is **** and others loving him.

He was HYSRERICAL on "Girls"

Yeap. Made me laugh =)))
  • Options
    Outrage animation should be a cold-blooded smackdown like the one he did on lor san tekka
  • Options
    I just want to know if he will be a one trick pony like hk47 or an all round stud like boba
  • Options
    Hope it's more a rework along the boba side of the things rather then the Finn rework
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

Tfp has on some top ranked perfect fit black skinnies. Fresh2death.
  • Options
    I wish they would have classified Kylo better - with more ability to mix well with others groups (basically I wish he was either a Sith or Empire to work with those groups better since I have a lot more of them then First Order players). But I know he's not really a Sith or Empire player, even though he follows and studies Vader (and prays to his helmet) and the Dark Side is definitely his current influence, although initially he probably was being trained to be a Light Side Jedi Knight. But we have not really gotten enough info or backstory on where his training came from after Master Jedi Luke lost him and where he comes from and why he's dark side and what is the Knights of Ren and why he slashed and killed his dad so quickly and coldly. Knights of Ren could be an old Sith order, or even part of the mysterious "Grey" Jedis.

But not everyone is labeled perfectly and its almost impossible to do so from the game and development side. Ahsoka was trained by Anakin but I think I've read somewhere she claims to believe in more of a Grey Jedi (and I am not sure if she ever became a true master and pasted the Jedi Trials) and why as a leader does she benefit Nightsisters? Count Dooku is a Sith but was also originally trained as a Jedi, so why not give him both classes (kidding!) but he also trained Savage Opress in Sith/Dark Side ways as his secret apprentice/assassin but Savage was also handpicked by the Nightsister Asajj Ventress to be her mate but no connection or classification.

Bottom Line is I wish they would not over label these characters in my opinion or corner them into a very small group that barely exist and makes it hard to use them effectively in other groups/teams because as times changed, they changed and as powers shifted they followed or learned new powers, or got stronger or weaker. But look at Kanan and Ezra - totally too many labels - they are Light Side - Jedi, Rebel, Phoenix, plus tank or attacker. That seems like too many labels, I think its great for flexibility as a player and allows me to use them in all sorts of ways, but I think it should be limited. I think they should try to keep in simple - Light or Dark Side plus one main primary affiliation plus type of fighter, three titles are enough (sometimes 4 for Droid or Fleet Commander) but 5 is too much. Just my opinion on all this and sorry if I made any mistakes and rambled on and got off track of Kylo to try to make my point but the Star Wars Universe is huge and they could add new characters all the time from all different time lines, movies books, and could use big well known characters or tiny ones that barely existed.

But In what game can you have the same character appear twice and be on the same team like General Kenobi and Obi-Wan or Emperor Palpatine and Darth Sidious or even Anakin and Vader? I'm sure as more movies come out and more characters appear, Kylo Ren and the First Order will become bigger and stronger just like Poe, Finn and Rey being Resistance (instead of Rebels?). But they didn't make a new category for the Rouge One characters like Jyn, Baze, Plo, Cassian, Krennic and all them. Just 3 (mostly) - Dark/Light + Rebel/Empire + fighter class.The more we give feedback the better the game will get and the better the characters will reflect the power and skill they posses, I'm sure they have a master plan for a lot of they stuff we complain about or speculate but its still fun to toss out my 2 cents.
  • Options
    @joeyishomer I agree, can't wait to see him in episode 8 be interesting to see just how powerful he will become. He must be getting a few re works done over the next years, I also think after episode 8 he might be classed as a sith but who knows....
  • Options
    I went cross-eyed halfway thru the first paragraph of your thesis. Why was this post necroed lol
  • Options
    I'm trying not to be cynical but with episode 8, EA could reissue toons.. a sith kylo, Jedi Rey, old Luke etc etc
  • Options
    I went cross-eyed halfway thru the first paragraph of your thesis. Why was this post necroed lol

Sorry I am new to this forum and just went off on this Kylo topic after reading a few different post and various discussions on this board and others about him. Sorry for the overkill! I'll keep it short from now on. I already apologized in the post for it being long, I didn't mean to open up an old thread but the more recent one that talked about Kylo was closed.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Because 1 person wants Kylo labeled so he fits on one of his existing teams better. ;)

ETA : "Grey" jedi is a lame concept. Pick a lane and show some loyalty. It's a weak attempt to create some sort of obnoxious jedi moral relativism. Blech.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*