Ship Battles Rigged for AI?

Fedegalante1891
324 posts Member
edited January 2017
I float between top 10 and top 5 on my shard.
Usually just do 2-3 fights a day against the same person, we battle for top 5.

He has a 70 4* capital ackbar, i got a 5 star 70
His ships are all 1 star below mine, and all 70 vs my 75. Our pilots are about the same, except a few i got at higher gear level hence at higher ship ability level.
We run the same squads, except i have one more reinforcement.

Yet he fires first, crits almost every time, dodges like mad, and his ackbar is faster.

Cant understand what happens, lose 6 out of 10. Everyone having the same situation or just my luck?

Replies

• Options
    It's not based on luck. Every component on the crew member matters too. So even if your pilot is higher geared, your competitor might have fully leveled his pilot's ability levels and fully modded with 5 pip mods.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    It's a well known fake fact that defensive AI is rigged to maximize rng chances. So say you have a 55% chance to target lock someone. I like to think of this as an average. That means that on offense, you have a 10% chance to apply target lock. But when someone fights you on defense, it'll be a 100% chance to apply target lock.

Of course none of this is actually true though...I think :wink:
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    It's not based on luck. Every component on the crew member matters too. So even if your pilot is higher geared, your competitor might have fully leveled his pilot's ability levels and fully modded with 5 pip mods.
    Huatimus wrote: »

please note that i said i checked on his ships, mine at at higher level. It keeps happening, so im gonna go with a bit OP for tje defender ;)

• Options
    I think the thing that's rigged is the reinforcements. How come almost every time I kill a ship a reinforcement comes immediately, yet when mine get killed I have to usually wait & wait for the ship to come up & off cooldown before I get one? Sometimes I have 2 or 3 ships down before I can get help & by then it's too little too late.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options
    I think the thing that's rigged is the reinforcements. How come almost every time I kill a ship a reinforcement comes immediately, yet when mine get killed I have to usually wait & wait for the ship to come up & off cooldown before I get one? Sometimes I have 2 or 3 ships down before I can get help & by then it's too little too late.

Then don't kill the ship... you can clearly see the AI turn meter... You hit on a unique strat for ships, one I see the AI use... Get 2 ships down to low health then take them out at the same time/back 2 back.

Mace is also so fast you should just expect he will reinforce right away AND Rex TL is useless.

• Options
    The AI in ships is definitely rigged. Never fight an opponent with Tie Fighter. Everytime I do they dodge 4-6 times in a row. The AI will also get more random dodges than my Tie Fighter. Oh and target lock is almost guaranteed for the AI, as is the double attack from FOTF. As if ships weren't boring enough, the devs have to frustrate us with a clear AI advantage