Galactic War Shipments refresh now costs premium currency instead of Galactic War Tokens.

Prev13456
Kwynne4444
161 posts Member
edited January 2016
It changed from 10GWT to 100 crystals
To me that was the only thing I liked abut Gw and now its gone

:Edit Starts off at 50 crystals, Mine was 100 becuase i refreshed before the update...

Galactic War Shipments refresh now costs premium currency instead of Galactic War Tokens. 289 votes

Love it
3%
XziinToolioDrPancakesmurton09EM650tjw_tjw14five2zeroHaloWars29JonoVDHTrebor88TheReal_Mol_Eliza1 11 votes
Hate it
64%
ZarAziTaniwhaFakeRobboJurassicNick16HyperalloyRheennoogaboogaStekcir_LeinadDaishiGalvineBUGABOOQeltarKaatTelaanEnigmaticienilyanorGenakumaXyoSyth_Huntercosmicturtle333 185 votes
Dont care
16%
muzicme4uNicks075CptKlossTheRenegadeAmish_AceLargKelleinJabberwockymambaDarkDigglerYOUniverseVampire_XAbyssMerilonPindasauskanonMcShartJaqen_HgharmoddomCleanerforcedinoDeathstroke 47 votes
Doesnt effect me
15%
JJHPokebreakerTheRenegadeThe_Oklahoma_KidSlyGambitioniancat21DarkcloudShentuDragonSysyreizsemeanpridethisgameisdopeshampooKyuu2AndrewAlsend_DrakeReznorXCobrasManoPugliowalkyourpath 46 votes
Post edited by Kwynne4444 on

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hate it
    Lol lame. Super cheap move. Mine shows 50 crystals. So I'm assuming you refreshed and it's showing that retroactively.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hate it
    This makes me angry. I was saving up tokens on the basis of the relatively cheap refreshes here.
    This strikes me as a completely unnecessary and cheap move. At a time when loyal players are sitting here patiently waiting for WEEKS for bug fixes and new content, this is what CG prioritizes?
    You guys are burning goodwill left and right.
    @CG_JohnSalera - What is going on with you guys lately?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Hate it
    I like how it's become a trend for us to start having polls right after any kind of updates these folks drop on us.
  • Hate it
    I just dont see how they go from 10gwt to 100 crystals thats seems like a huge rip-off considering all the other thing i use cystals for like arena engery refresh and cantina refresh and now this? Lame indeed
  • Doesnt effect me
    Ha! I just imagine the planning that went into that decision - "Hey, here's a place where we could charge more crystals!"

Fortunately, I had not done any GW shipment refreshes, so am not screwed by this, but this (along with the 30% Off!! Training Droids offer) really does show how decision making in this game is done.
  • Dont care
    A few things to notice:

1). Their major change was another thing that negatively impacted the community
    2). Their "bug fixes"... I am curious if any of these were of major concern/voiced by the community?
    3). I thought this update involved something with key card battles. No notes on that.
  • Hate it
    I cleared GW today, so i can't check. Is this for real? I've been banking tokens in hopes that someone good would drop in. 10 token refresh was no problem. Now it will take me weeks of cool downs to spend the tokens.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Hate it
    ZarAzi wrote: »
    I like how it's become a trend for us to start having polls right after any kind of updates these folks drop on us.

Kind of like how it's become a trend for updates to contain changes that make the game less enjoyable.
  • Hate it
    I cleared GW today, so i can't check. Is this for real? I've been banking tokens in hopes that someone good would drop in. 10 token refresh was no problem. Now it will take me weeks of cool downs to spend the tokens.

Yeah its true and it sucks for a f2p player because i just dont receive that many cystals to refresh engery, cantina and now refresh Gw shipment....
  • Hate it
    Qeltar wrote: »

Kind of like how it's become a trend for updates to contain changes that make the game less enjoyable.

Completely true
  • Hate it
    Qeltar wrote: »

Pretty much
  • Dont care
    Solution:

Buy multiple character shards
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hate it
    Great. I seriously doubt that I'll be playing this is a month's time. Every time they update anything this sort of thing happens.

I know for sure that I won't be spending any more money on the game until at least a few weeks go by without some kind of price gouging. If these trends continue a player would be forced to spend money just to reasonably play.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • IM_UR_UPGRADE
    223 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hate it
    I dont see why they would change something that was fine the way it was. The only reason i can see is to make us spend more money. They are getting too money hungry hence why they are only releasing characters in cantina instead of GW and arena shipments, so we can spend more on crystals. This is just getting too much
    Post edited by IM_UR_UPGRADE on
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Hate it
    Of course they couldn't, at the time they did this, actually put 1 or 2 more good characters in there so we WANTED to spend our tokens. Nope, just a pure screw-you-over cash grab.
    So now I am forced to either spend tokens on characters I don't really want or need, or spend the next 2 months trying to use up the stockpile.
    It will be a cold day in hell before I spend 50 crystals on a GW shipment refresh.
  • Doesnt effect me
    I've never refreshed shipments anyway so it doesn't affect me like it would affect others. Mine also shows 50 crystals for a refresh
  • Hate it
    Wow.
    What a sh*tty move! It's things like this that set the tone for the future of a game. Not a good idea in my book.
  • Kwynne4444
    161 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hate it
    Andrew wrote: »
    I've never refreshed shipments anyway so it doesn't affect me like it would affect others. Mine also shows 50 crystals for a refresh

Mine might be 100 because bough the refreshes before the update
  • Hate it
    More reasons to delete this app and move on. Maybe back to the DBZ game. It got stale but at least it was less greedy.

IMO all 3 types of store refreshes should cost 50 of the currency for that store, or 5-10 crystal.
  • Hate it
    What a **** move.

Makes it much tougher for f2p, which makes it much less fun and competitive for p2p also.

I have spent a decent amount of $$ on this game, but now I feel like CG owes the community BIG! Even more so because there was no in game announcement or warning. Its a disgusting and immoral move that seems completely fuelled by greed.

I'm anxiously awaiting a post from EA_Jessie or another red box, but I don't see how they can possibly justify this decision to the community, so I'm not expecting much.

What a **** move CG.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Hate it
    @EA_Jesse is the admin here and I doubt has much say in these decisions. Don't want to shoot the messenger.
    @CG_JohnSalera hasn't posted here in over a week.
  • Hate it
    Pretty sure they did this in anticipation for the Shard Shop. Low Blow EA/CG, Low blow.
  • Hate it
    Like i said on the crystal sub returning post, it really seems like they habe decided this game is going to be a short term cash cow, so with no regard for the consumer experience they are just trying to milk as much cash quickly as possible. A bloody shame because with the star wars theme this game has potential for so much more
  • Dont care
    Maybe they just plan to add new characters and just don't want us to buy the new toon(s) instantly with the saved up currency.
  • Hate it
    Pretty sure they did this in anticipation for the Shard Shop. Low Blow EA/CG, Low blow.

I didnt even think of that but its probably true
  • Hate it
    This may mean they're adding something to gw.......
  • Hate it
    Is it just me or is nearly every change meant to encourage crystal spending?
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Hate it
    I've been saving GW crystals as well and feel screwed. This sure seems like yet another shady move. At least make this change while putting 1 or more new characters in there so we can farm 2 at once until we spend all the saved crystals. At least then there would be something positive to take from all of this instead of just another step in wrong direction.
  • Hate it
    Is it just me or is nearly every change meant to encourage crystal spending?

I wouldn't care that much but it was one of the only unique things about Gw that separated it feom the other game modes
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Doesnt effect me
    I am not personally affected by this change, as my GW tokens are always empty and I have never refreshed shipments. But because of the anger of the wider community, I guess we should make a demand to CG/EA, such as shifting QGJ to GW shipments, so that ppl who have token can immediately find a good toon to spend on.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007