Droids need a zeta upgrade

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Droids have had their time. I don't see why Droids should forever be #1 viable.
  • Options
    My arena team is Rex, Wedge, Biggs, Raid Han, and Palp. I have not paid money for any of them. (Rex now available in guild and fleet shipments.) I've been in the top 5 at least twice now. Maul and Vader are also free to play, as well. So we fail on the "Can't get into top 5 with f2p" argument, as well as the, "no zeta for f2p argument".

That being said, droids should get some fun with zeta, i would think. As it is, it's far too easy to beat them. I'd like just a bit of a challenge. :)
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Those videos only show really 1 thing. Droids can't win when they go up against anti-crit teams... Droids rely so heavily on one single aspect of the game: Crits. Barriss (Z) and GK are great anti-crit because GK can give crit immunity and taunt when other players are critically hit. Zarriss will heal those that are critically hit. Zeta Maul is also another anti-crit team. Sith can't be critically hit while stealthed which makes your first round of AOEs do nothing because you can't crit the sith unless they go before you. And if they go before you, you lose all control because you're no longer in charge of turn order. Chaze is another great anti-crit combo because Chirrut will give HoTs to critically hit rebels and equalize health. Rex is another great anti-crit team lead because everytime you crit his team will gain TM and again you lose control of turn order. Those are pretty much the anti-crit characters in the game, sure Shoretrooper, but droids should get like 12 turns before shoretrooper gets to go...
    The problem with droids isn't the fact that they need a Zeta (I'm not saying they shouldn't get one here) it's the fact that the all do the same exact thing. They all crit and crit hard. Droids don't need a Zeta to fix them, they honestly need another droid that isn't just entirely reliant on crits and crit damage for speed and utility. B2 is like this, but he's more just used as a dispeller with good TM gain outside of crits. There needs to be another option for Droids that isn't just crits, and currently all of the droid damage skills are all about crits and crit damage. There needs to be another droid that does something else to move this team in a different direction. Even GG's leader ability already has to do with crit and crit damage. Droids are so 1-dimensional, that a Zeta probably wouldn't fix them.

Unfortunately thats all true :(. Im hoping they will do a General Grievous rework within a few months, or maybe add droideka or just some really good zetas for droids. I made my own rework for General Grievous if anyone is interested in taking a look at it. I tried to make it so that his abilities reflect his character. Only thing I don't like is the unique I have for him, its basically the normal ability which isnt that good. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/88065/general-grievous-rework-idea/p1
  • Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Those videos only show really 1 thing. Droids can't win when they go up against anti-crit teams... Droids rely so heavily on one single aspect of the game: Crits. Barriss (Z) and GK are great anti-crit because GK can give crit immunity and taunt when other players are critically hit. Zarriss will heal those that are critically hit. Zeta Maul is also another anti-crit team. Sith can't be critically hit while stealthed which makes your first round of AOEs do nothing because you can't crit the sith unless they go before you. And if they go before you, you lose all control because you're no longer in charge of turn order. Chaze is another great anti-crit combo because Chirrut will give HoTs to critically hit rebels and equalize health. Rex is another great anti-crit team lead because everytime you crit his team will gain TM and again you lose control of turn order. Those are pretty much the anti-crit characters in the game, sure Shoretrooper, but droids should get like 12 turns before shoretrooper gets to go...
    The problem with droids isn't the fact that they need a Zeta (I'm not saying they shouldn't get one here) it's the fact that the all do the same exact thing. They all crit and crit hard. Droids don't need a Zeta to fix them, they honestly need another droid that isn't just entirely reliant on crits and crit damage for speed and utility. B2 is like this, but he's more just used as a dispeller with good TM gain outside of crits. There needs to be another option for Droids that isn't just crits, and currently all of the droid damage skills are all about crits and crit damage. There needs to be another droid that does something else to move this team in a different direction. Even GG's leader ability already has to do with crit and crit damage. Droids are so 1-dimensional, that a Zeta probably wouldn't fix them.

Unfortunately thats all true :(. Im hoping they will do a General Grievous rework within a few months, or maybe add droideka or just some really good zetas for droids. I made my own rework for General Grievous if anyone is interested in taking a look at it. I tried to make it so that his abilities reflect his character. Only thing I don't like is the unique I have for him, its basically the normal ability which isnt that good. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/88065/general-grievous-rework-idea/p1

Interesting suggestions! If they would do a Grievous rework I would gladly pour all my shard shop shards in him! :)
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].