Offense stat ratio to damage

Does anyone know it? Roughly how much in damage does 100 offense add? I guess this can be a little advanced when considering all things. If an attack does 1000 base damage and you had 100 offense to your character, what effect does that have on the base damage? Is it a simple 1000+100?

Thanks for any help. Devs could certainly give a lot more detail about their statistics than they do.

Replies

• Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    It's different for every character. Each move has a multiplier (you can check them on swgoh.gg)

Adding 100 offense to an attack would calculate like this..

(Base phys dmg +100) * move multiplier = damage dealt
    Damage dealt * CRIT dmg = CRIT dmg dealt

• Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    It's different for every character. Each move has a multiplier (you can check them on swgoh.gg)

(Base offense +100) * move multiplier = damage dealt

For example rey's basic has a multiplier of 2.210
    Her base phys dmg is 2422
    So...
    2422 * 2.210 = 5,352
    +100 offense
    2522 * 2.210 = 5,573
  • Options
    @Mullato
    Clear & precise answer. Awesome.
    Please, where in .GG does one find the multiplier information?
    I'm searching but it's not obvious to me where it is.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Go into a characters screen and click on one of the moves. The modifier will be on the right of the drop-down box.
  • Options
    Fantastic. Thank you very much.
  • Options
    Awesome explanation! @Mullato
  • Options

(Base offense +100) * move multiplier = damage dealt

For example rey's basic has a multiplier of 2.210
    Her base phys dmg is 2422
    So...
    2422 * 2.210 = 5,352
    +100 offense
    2522 * 2.210 = 5,573
    Thank you so much. Couldn't have been a clearer answer.

• Options

(Base phys dmg +100) * move multiplier = damage dealt

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.
    Superlative answer. Kudos for the info!
  • Options
    Actually if you go to mods management page, and assign a mod with flat offense bonus, you can see the physical damage increase accordingly.
    Mods with % offense bonus on the other hand, only affects the base offense stats of the character (ignore bonus from mods such as those with flat offense bonus), so a 5% increase in offense bonus does not always translate to a 5% increase in physical damage.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Actually if you go to mods management page, and assign a mod with flat offense bonus, you can see the physical damage increase accordingly.
    Mods with % offense bonus on the other hand, only affects the base offense stats of the character (ignore bonus from mods such as those with flat offense bonus), so a 5% increase in offense bonus does not always translate to a 5% increase in physical damage.

The question was answered correctly, so get out of here with your actually lol
  • Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »

Didn't say the question was answered wrongly, just wanted to point out that anyone could have checked the answer for themselves via the mods management page. Teach a man how to fish and all... :)
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

Didn't say the question was answered wrongly, just wanted to point out that anyone could have checked the answer for themselves via the mods management page. Teach a man how to fish and all... :)

They wasn't the question that was asked, your answer still doesn't tell us how to find the final increase in damage output for toons
  • Options
    These weren't the questions that were asked, your answer still doesn't tell us how to find the final increase in damage output for toons

The questions that OP asked were:
    Does anyone know it? Sorry I didn't answer this one.
    Roughly how much in damage does 100 offense add? Answered: If you check the mods management page, 100 offense would increase your physical damage by 100 accordingly.
    If an attack does 1000 base damage and you had 100 offense to your character, what effect does that have on the base damage? Same answer as above, a flat bonus offense of 100 increases base damage by 100.
    Is it a simple 1000+100? Same answer as above.

The question that OP did NOT ask was:
    What is the final increase in damage output for toons? Of which was answered by Mullato, depends on the move multiplier for each specific character skill.

Most of your posts are not trollish, so I don't think you are trolling me and I hope that you can give me as much respect as I am giving you.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    These weren't the questions that were asked, your answer still doesn't tell us how to find the final increase in damage output for toons

Roughly how much in damage does 100 offense add? Answered: If you check the mods management page, 100 offense would increase your physical damage by 100 accordingly.
    If an attack does 1000 base damage and you had 100 offense to your character, what effect does that have on the base damage? Same answer as above, a flat bonus offense of 100 increases base damage by 100.

What is the final increase in damage output for toons? Of which was answered by Mullato, depends on the move multiplier for each specific character skill.

Most of your posts are not trollish, so I don't think you are trolling me and I hope that you can give me as much respect as I am giving you.

You even highlighted it yourself, "how much in damage does 100 offense add?"

Idk why but that "actually" at the beginning of your post really triggered me lol, I was just looking out for my boy @Mullato who got the answer perfectly
  • Options
    Of course this doesn't count for attacking an enemy (defense, armor, etc), but the above calculations are very good.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options

As MBL said, when I generally asked "how much in damage" I was referring to final damage output. I know you can see the physical damage increase in the mods screen. I appreciate your response though, especially your addition of % increases to base/modded damage. I did not know that. Regardless of how poorly worded my question was though, it was answered by the original response.

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Ahkatosh wrote: »
    @Mullato
    Clear & precise answer. Awesome.
    Please, where in .GG does one find the multiplier information?
    I'm searching but it's not obvious to me where it is.

vNqJq9T.png
  • Options
    ^^^ Basically, Rey hits hard. That's all that matters (used to, lol).
    SnakesOnAPlane