Palpatine and Yoda Event's

Prev1
This really stinks I got a message in my inbox saying that in March they were going to start having Palpatine and Yoda events every month. In my opinion this is wrong for us people who are lucky enough to have both of these toons. We had to wait patiently and if you were lucky enough you now have both of these toons fully geared and leveled. This feels like a punch in the gut to me I hope they dont do this maybe if enough people state their opinion we can change their minds.

H

Replies

• Options
    How do you think people feel who bought Sun Fac, Maul and the clones?
  • Options
    That's the name of the game mate going to have to accept it. I dropped everything to fsrmnrebels in December to 7* palp but now it's coming more regularly I don't regret it all. It's worse for those who farmed GG and Vader exclusively fromshard shop
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    This really stinks I got a message in my inbox saying that in March they were going to start having Palpatine and Yoda events every month. In my opinion this is wrong for us people who are lucky enough to have both of these toons. We had to wait patiently and if you were lucky enough you now have both of these toons fully geared and leveled. This feels like a punch in the gut to me I hope they dont do this maybe if enough people state their opinion we can change their minds.

H

You still need to gear and star your 5 Rebels, EP needs tons of blue thermal detonator as well...
  • Kitch
    171 posts Member
    Options
    This thread is ridiculous.
  • Options
    I have Yoda but not Palp (no intention of farming game-breaking rebels just to get him either), and I don't care that more people have the chance now.

It's better that way.

Also, it's hopefully because they're introducing new very rare events to unlock new characters. Maybe that red lightsaber chap the kids are getting frothy-mouthed over in the last update thread.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I have Yoda but not Palp (no intention of farming game-breaking rebels just to get him either), and I don't care that more people have the chance now.

It's better that way.

Also, it's hopefully because they're introducing new very rare events to unlock new characters. Maybe that red lightsaber chap the kids are getting frothy-mouthed over in the last update thread.

haha, "gamebreaking" rebels. The palp event is super easy, you can just farm regular rebels if that makes you feel any better.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Edge
    27 posts Member
    Options
    They start off describing the Palp event as being extremely rare in the hopes that folks will spend real money to quickly level/gear up their rebels because they are afraid they won't get another shot. Once that's been milked as far as it will go they then make it a regular thing to give the appearance of added content.

Oh well, at least it isn't yet another tournament...
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

It's better that way.

haha, "gamebreaking" rebels. The palp event is super easy, you can just farm regular rebels if that makes you feel any better.

Hehe, I just meant the Wiggs/Lando combo that f*cked the power-creep by jumping it up too far. Got no interest in farming rebels at all, resources are too scarce as it is. :)
  • Options
    It's good for those not having those toons yet. There are still some unreachable and exclusive toons remaining in the game (Jyn, Cassian, Chirrut even K2 for some of us and ShT which is for me not farmable now).
  • Options
    I would like to be able to do these challenges again after getting 7* yoda and EP. Even for just a few credits and maybe some gear.
    That should be doable right?
  • Options
    Hidosugi wrote: »
    I would like to be able to do these challenges again after getting 7* yoda and EP. Even for just a few credits and maybe some gear.
    That should be doable right?

I want Yoda level 90 G12 underfed :)
  • Options
    your mentality is very selfish tbh.. what exactly are you losing if other people get a chance at getting Palp?
    Didn't you get the same chance to get Palp for having a bunch of rebels? so why shouldn't others.. ?
    Just because you happened to farm rebels first doesn't mean you're more entitled to having Palp.
  • Options
    Why would you care if others get them when you have them yourself??
  • Kajjm
    64 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

H

Dude what the heck, you can't be serious?
    When I write this keep in mind I 7* palp the first time around.

But what you are writing is so selfish my eyes hurt. What do you even earn in life with that kind of view on life, seriously?

We got palp soooo much earlier than the rest, and got to enjoy him for several months.
    Most, if not all toons, become available to F2P and everyone after a while, and Palp should be no exeption, since he is very useful in raids etc.
    Also he is not as OP now as he was when only a small % of players could get him, by now and certainly by then, they have released new super OP toons with many OP abilities, Palp is only one of many now.

Dude, seriously you should consider your view on life it self, cause you can't be a happy human with selfish thoughts like that.

One world, one love.
  • Options
    Kajjm wrote: »

H

But what you are writing is so selfish my eyes hurt. What do you even earn in life with that kind of view on life, seriously?

We got palp soooo much earlier than the rest, and got to enjoy him for several months.
    Most, if not all toons, become available to F2P and everyone after a while, and Palp should be no exeption, since he is very useful in raids etc.
    Also he is not as OP now as he was when only a small % of players could get him, by now and certainly by then, they have released new super OP toons with many OP abilities, Palp is only one of many now.

Dude, seriously you should consider your view on life it self, cause you can't be a happy human with selfish thoughts like that.

One world, one love.

This.
    I got EP last time and have him in gear 10, but he will never be replaced with my boba in arena :)
  • Options

H

This is how it should have been since the beginning. I can't understand why anyone can complain about this, really. I had to wait 6+ more months to finish my 6* EP, even having the needed roster to finish it since long ago, that was ridiculous. This new schedule is far better than the old one.
  • Options
    First off I got 7* Palp first time round but like alot of people he's just not used that much in Arena or anywhere else for that matter although good for haat p2.... besides they teased people with the extra rare event title but how long do you think that could go on for ?

Besides at least every month we dont get the 'When will the palp event be returning' threads... that in itself is worth it !!
  • Options
    For an extremely rare event it's not that extremely rare anymore. It's never been extremely rare so OP does have a legit point.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    For an extremely rare event it's not that extremely rare anymore. It's never been extremely rare so OP does have a legit point.

Thats kind of the whole point... it WAS extremely rare but now its not
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Kajjm wrote: »

H

One world, one love.

lol, the love child of mother theresa and ghandi speaking?
    but what you're actually saying is that you benefitted alot/enough from palpi being rather exclusive, but now that he ins't as good as he once was it's okay for him to be farmable. Yea, your view on life it self is far superior, you're a real saint. smh
    For the record, i think he has been exclusive long enough for exactly the same reason, but i'm not going to pretent i didn't enjoy using palp when others couldn't. It's a competative game, your misfortune could be a blessing for me.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Edge
    27 posts Member
    Options
    The developers should have followed through with keeping the Palp event "extremely rare" as it was billed.
    The game is much more interesting when you encounter rare characters that you haven't already fought ad nauseam.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Edge wrote: »
    The developers should have followed through with keeping the Palp event "extremely rare" as it was billed.
    The game is much more interesting when you encounter rare characters that you haven't already fought ad nauseam.

Yes but Palps is far from rare
  • Options
    Saraleb wrote: »

Yes but Palps is far from rare

That's the point, Palp is hardly rare anymore. Maybe only to very very new players, because almost every pvp shard should have Palps around already.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Kitch wrote: »
    This thread is ridiculous.

+1
  • Edge
    27 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Exactly the problem. They ran the second Palp event way too soon after the first one and now it will be even more often. I did not have a very strong rebel team when they ran the first event, so I thought I was going to have to spend a long time with a very weak Palp. I was perfectly fine with that but it turns out that none of us had to wait very long in order to get another shot.

I just don't want the game to end up looking like NASCAR, with cookie cutter teams and a playing field so level that it becomes boring. I guess that's why I mostly use an all clone team. I'm never going to win tournaments or be number one in PvP but I like the characters so it is fun for me, and I rarely encounter another team of all clones.
  • Options
    I don't have a problem with this at all. It's not like they're making Jyn appear in GW store. It's a toon that anyone who has a good arena rank knows how to fight. Besides if you're in the top 100 everyone already has Palp so is it really affecting you?
  • Options
    Exactly the problem. They ran the second Palp event way too soon after the first one and now it will be even more often.

Too soon? 4 months between them lol.

• Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options
    Exactly the problem. They ran the second Palp event way too soon after the first one and now it will be even more often. I did not have a very strong rebel team when they ran the first event, so I thought I was going to have to spend a long time with a very weak Palp. I was perfectly fine with that but it turns out that none of us had to wait very long in order to get another shot.

I just don't want the game to end up looking like NASCAR, with cookie cutter teams and a playing field so level that it becomes boring. I guess that's why I mostly use an all clone team. I'm never going to win tournaments or be number one in PvP but I like the characters so it is fun for me, and I rarely encounter another team of all clones.

Locking away characters only gives the illusion of "variety". What you end up with is the "Haves" teams with rare-characters and the "Have Nots" with anti-rare-character builds at best.

While yes there has to be some benefit from being first, either by money or effort (farming/gearing first) this still has to be limited otherwise players will quit.

They have made Palp more available with a 2nd run, Vader available in ship shop and a revamp of maul and guess what? We now have the variety you speak of.

Clones? You will see more, with Cody's Zeta and success in p2 people will farm them but it will take time. Again more variety.

You will always have cookie cutter teams that is just a fact the best you can do is have more than one cookie cutter and that is where we are going it characters being MORE available.

• Edge
    27 posts Member
    Options

Jordison wrote: »
    Exactly the problem. They ran the second Palp event way too soon after the first one and now it will be even more often.

You think four months qualifies as extremely rare?
  • Options
    Jordison wrote: »

You think four months qualifies as extremely rare?

In a game that had one year of life, yes.

Compared to any other events in the game, yes.

But if the problem is the tag "extremely rare", I agree that tag doesn't make too much sense nowadays.