Kylo ren

Replies

• Options
    Kylo although I agree is impressive with the things he did in TFA, cant be compared to Vader in anyway. Remember Vader went out and killed EVERY Jedi he could get his hands on, Kylo has killed no Jedi as far as we know and he lost to a Storm trooper and untrained newbie Jedi.

You are confusing the special effects which of course will be better now than back in the 70s/80s. Vader and EP for that matter are way > Kylo.

Before the trolls arrive I will say Kylo has alot of future to go and may be alot better than the current version we have, just we are not there yet.
  • Options
    Rystarvz wrote: »
    Kylo although I agree is impressive with the things he did in TFA, cant be compared to Vader in anyway. Remember Vader went out and killed EVERY Jedi he could get his hands on, Kylo has killed no Jedi as far as we know and he lost to a Storm trooper and untrained newbie Jedi.

You are confusing the special effects which of course will be better now than back in the 70s/80s. Vader and EP for that matter are way > Kylo.

Before the trolls arrive I will say Kylo has alot of future to go and may be alot better than the current version we have, just we are not there yet.

That. Surely on movie 8 Kylo will become a badass.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    While I dont think Kylo gets enough credit for his abilities in TFA, I also dont think its fair to expect him to be some all-powerful badass either. Part of what I think makes him a great character is his insecurity about not being as powerful as his grandfather and it **** him off. I think he'll definitely become far more powerful under Snoke's (sith?) training, but he doesn't need to be the dark side equivalent of Rey. There are so many people who are suder-duper strong with the force and have midichlorian counts of over 9000, I think its good that we are getting the joe-shmoes of the force.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Rystarvz wrote: »

Comparing Kylo to Vader right now is silly. Of course Vader is by far superior. He was introduced to us at his peak. JJ Abrams is on the record saying they intentionally made Kylo not at his peak so we can see him grow.

And then as far as that final battle there is the whole bowcaster and mentally unfocused after killing his father thing. But that's all excuses, Vader could probably take a bowcaster like a champ and he killed his father [figure, Obiwan] and gave no f's afterward. Kylo has much room to grow and I'm excited to see that.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Pros of Kylo Ren:
    1) Strong Force lineage - doesn't get stronger than the Skywalker line.
    2) Was trained by Luke Skywalker - has clear Light Side knowledge (mostly Jedi)
    3) Was trained (partially) by Snoke - has clear Dark Side knowledge (not necessarily Sith)
    4) Took a bowcaster to the torso and kept fighting - considering what it did to everyone else, quite the feat!
    5) Had the tar beaten out of him and managed to escape - same as his uncle Luke.

Cons of Kylo Ren
    1) Whiny and sulky - granted, Vader was like this too just without the whiny part
    2) Whupped by an untrained whelp in the Force - granted, Rey's family could be part-Skywalker/Kenobi/Palpatine but this was pretty ridiculous.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Pros of Kylo Ren:
    3) Was trained (partially) by Snoke - has clear Dark Side knowledge (not necessarily Sith)
    4) Took a bowcaster to the torso and kept fighting - considering what it did to everyone else, quite the feat!
    5) Had the tar beaten out of him and managed to escape - same as his uncle Luke.

Cons of Kylo Ren
    1) Whiny and sulky - granted, Vader was like this too just without the whiny part
    2) Whupped by an untrained whelp in the Force - granted, Rey's family could be part-Skywalker/Kenobi/Palpatine but this was pretty ridiculous.
    Vader started his arc as whiney. Episode III Vader on Mustafar is still Vader. Luke also started his arc as whiney. Give him time to grow and develop.
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Pros of Kylo Ren:

Cons of Kylo Ren
    Vader started his arc as whiney. Episode III Vader on Mustafar is still Vader. Luke also started his arc as whiney. Give him time to grow and develop.

That was my point. Wouldn't be better a buff when he becomes grown and developed?
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    We all know what's coming with a force: Kylo and Snoke are gonna get it on in E9. Powerful man on man testosterone and sword swinging action (tho Kylo certainly needs an estro blocker). Winner takes control and becomes the top...dog.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Pros of Kylo Ren:

Cons of Kylo Ren

Yes, exactly! Now it may seem strange that I just contradicted my earlier statement but even though this is a defining trait for Kylo it is also one of the most annoying. I have a harder time watching A New Hope versus Empire Strikes Back because Luke is more whiny in the first movie. Same goes for Attack of the Clones versus Revenge of the Sith and Anakin. Important to development: yes. A con nonetheless: yes.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    What does vader even do in a New Hope (or any of the OT movies for that matter) that would make him any stronger than kylo? Im not saying i think kylo is stronger, but its not fair to say he never demonstrated any ability in TFA. Especially considering that hes not even a full sith.

Chokes a guy across the galaxy through a viewscreen
  • Options
    stumpoman wrote: »
    What does vader even do in a New Hope (or any of the OT movies for that matter) that would make him any stronger than kylo? Im not saying i think kylo is stronger, but its not fair to say he never demonstrated any ability in TFA. Especially considering that hes not even a full sith.

Chokes a guy across the galaxy through a viewscreen

#winning
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Pros of Kylo Ren:

Cons of Kylo Ren

That was my point. Wouldn't be better a buff when he becomes grown and developed?

No because
    1) We know Kylo is only going to get stronger and
    2) This game was never intended to accurately portray the canon in regards to how good a character is.
  • Options
    Feel free to disagree (I know many will), but for me, Kylo Ren was the first Star Wars villain I was actually afraid of when he first appeared. He's so erratic, unpredictable, and clearly unhinged; I was never really sure what he was going to do next (outburst scenes and the bit where he force chokes/pulls the officer to his hand were terrific). I love the emperor and vader, but (until rogue one) I never felt intimidated or afraid of them.

You didn't grow up in the 70s and 80s, apparently. Vader and EP were like the original Jason and Freddy!

lol... so true

back in the days... omg.

off topic side note: those special effects for late 70's and early 80's....wow. For that era, they really did something special on all aspects of the movies.

I almost laughed when Kylo appeared, he was a comedy villain. Reminded me of the bad guy in the kick a$$ series. Kylo should go back to hogwarts and leave the dark side to the true masters of evil.
  • Options
    its hilarious to see so many people hate on a growing character. He hasn't completed either side of training yet.

I hope he becomes one of the best villains in Star Wars so everyone will stop hating on him.
  • Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    You can call him garbage but he still stopped a blaster bolt in mid-air and the shooter using the force, no one that's canon has ever done that before. I thought it was funny how he was worried he wouldn't be as strong as Vader even though all of the abilities he demonstrated were stronger

+1 and he was only in one movie so far. He might be the most powerful user of the force in episode IX for all we know.

Yeah, I must consider that, but let's not forget all the role of Vader on the story.

Edit: Kylo, on movie 7 format, would never beat Vader or Mace (I know, his training wasn't fullfiled), but what matters is: he was buffed, on his current movie 7 stats, and not Mace (for an example). On the game Mace is useless and he was the most powerful Jedi, on Kenobi's opinion.
    I agree, it would be hard to compare with Vader at his prime.
  • Options
    Pros of Kylo Ren:

Cons of Kylo Ren

Depends what they have in store for his character in the upcoming movies I suppose.
    Title or wardrobe change? Lightsaber modification? .
    His power could've triple since, unrevealed force abilities could emerge & a whole new toon would have to be created based on these changes.
    He may even return from the Dark Side as Ben Solo.
    Who knows?

But Kylo as a toon in the game was painfully lacking.
    This rework is a good call imo.

i sometimes wonder how much input the upcoming movies creators/writers have when new toons are designed.

• Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    The whole movie was spent demonstrating how powerful Kylo Ren is. He stopped a blaster bolt mid-air, and continued to walk around and have a conversation with no effort. He used the force to read minds. Last, but definitely not least, he continued to fight Finn ( a melee fighting prodigy in his trooper training) and Rey (who is also obviously strong with the force) while he had just taken a bowcaster shot to the gut. Previously in the movie, the bowcaster shot was shown to send people flying.

So please uninformed, false Star Wars fan, please tell me again why you think Kylo Ren is weak?

No one questions his force power. He's just a whiny girl going through puberty. Betcha he turns to the light side like Vader at the end of episode 9.

Screen_Shot_2016-01-23_at_9.35.21_PM-2480.png

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Dhoey321 wrote: »
    its hilarious to see so many people hate on a growing character. He hasn't completed either side of training yet.

I hope he becomes one of the best villains in Star Wars so everyone will stop hating on him.

I bet a lot of those people would then claim that LucasFilms heard their complaints and decided to make him super strong in response.

Character development flying right over their heads :lol:
  • Options
    even with a rework i still won't be using him. already wasted too much into him in the first place.
  • Options
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Buff Mace? The only time I've seen Mace fight was in Ep2, and if I recall he had a full army of Jedi's with him. He then got pwned by Palps in Ep3.

Kylo single handedly destroyed a computer console - boys got skills

Mace - in cannon - was one of the best fighters in the entire Jedi Order. He didn't get owned by Palp, he beat him, where three other Jedi got chopped down in the first few moments of the fight. Even Yoda couldn't take down Palp.

It was only because of Anakin flipping on Mace at that moment that Palp got the upper hand. That doesn't happen, Mace kills Palp.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who just kept seeing this over and over and over? *BEEP BOP BOOP* http://www.thewallpapers.org/photo/10285/grandmas-boy-001.jpg
  • Options
    Didn't Kylo Ren lose his connection to the force for a short period after he struck Han down? Also are we really complaining about Han not being given a fair chance to fight? It was his son and lets be honest. Han has used sneak attack as well. Perhaps he was just taking a page out of Dads book
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    spotremix wrote: »
    even with a rework i still won't be using him. already wasted too much into him in the first place.

"Too much into him"

I bet he's sitting in your roster lvl 65 g7.
  • Options
    Sorry if I'm wrong, but he is garbage on the movie, almost losing for someone who wasn't trained with a lightsaber and been shoot by the fast chewie (I'm a big fan of chewie, but he is slow, Vader would never be hit by him). Why not buff Mace (one of the greatest Jedi) or maybe launch Jango fett or anything else related to the Dark side.
    I agree 100% with you @MasterMasterTimelord

Can't wait to play your game >:)
  • Options
    As others have stated, Kylo demonstrated powerful abilities and was shot by the bowcaster when he lost to Rey. I also think that Kylo losing to Rey had more to do with Rey being a Mary Sue character than Kylo being weak. Rey could do anything perfectly. If Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine had both been present, Rey would have whooped them both at the same time just because whoever wrote the TFA gave her a complete inability to do anything wrong. She's like Superman without Kryptonite, and I think that had much more to do with her victory than Kylo being weak.
  • Options
    in TFA, Kylo demonstrated an awesome use of Stasis powers... a power he does not have in-game. In his rework, he needs stun. Possibly even foresight and expose.

Kylo was not weak, you guys are crazy. He's just a boy who was never trained not to be. I can't see Snoke as being a very loving father figure...

I feel like he is being used by Snoke to get to Luke more than anything else.
  • Options
    As others have stated, Kylo demonstrated powerful abilities and was shot by the bowcaster when he lost to Rey. I also think that Kylo losing to Rey had more to do with Rey being a Mary Sue character than Kylo being weak. Rey could do anything perfectly. If Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine had both been present, Rey would have whooped them both at the same time just because whoever wrote the TFA gave her a complete inability to do anything wrong. She's like Superman without Kryptonite, and I think that had much more to do with her victory than Kylo being weak.

I think it has to do more with Kylo presenting a moment of weakness. He never had a mother figure, and to find someone to relate to (by way of force) that was female... he got a little excited in his pants and lost track of the force. If you remember in Empire Strikes Back, losing focus makes you lose touch with the force. While Luke just dropped some rocks, Kylo dropped his guard.

And if Rey didn't know how to fight, she wouldn't have had a staff. Just sayin.
  • Options
    ZephimyrAC wrote: »

I'm not duobting that Rey can fight. I just don't think she should have been able to beat somebody that was trained by Luke and was strong enough to slaughter Luke's entire Jedi academy. And the staff doesn't explain why she was able to use the Jedi mind trick, which is an advanced ability that trained Jedi struggled with, or why she was able to fly the Falcon so well with no prior flying experience.
  • Options
    ZephimyrAC wrote: »

I'm not duobting that Rey can fight. I just don't think she should have been able to beat somebody that was trained by Luke and was strong enough to slaughter Luke's entire Jedi academy. And the staff doesn't explain why she was able to use the Jedi mind trick, which is an advanced ability that trained Jedi struggled with, or why she was able to fly the Falcon so well with no prior flying experience.

Because she was secretly training with Mace Windu in the hold of the downed Star Destroyer on Jakku and Mace sent her out to find Luke and destroy luke to get revenge for Anakin cutting off his hand. And Mace is snoke and trained Kylo Ren to do the same thing, but Kylo didn't succeed the first time so now he's using Kylo to make Rey look like the good guy so Luke will accept a new student and then he'll use Rey to kill Luke and then finally Mace Windu will be The Last Jedi.
  • Options
    I'll agree that kylo is the wimpiest dark jedi/ sith ever but in terms of the game it doesn't matter. There's no logic it seems to how strong some are and others aren't, id rather any toon be usable or arena viable rather than not