Game Update 2/1/2017 Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Cyrus_Ren
    133 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    akositzke wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's Visas Marr. The robe / red sash match hers - and the quote "Yes… this disturbance… echoes through the Force." is said by Visas Marr. Maybe Visas will release first (available FTP), then Nihilus will drop later (P2P) with some synergy?

swtor-visas-marrs-armor-set-trackers-bounty-pack_thumb.jpg

It is viable and my second guess if not Nihilus. A robe and this quote leave no other choise. Nihilus or Visas.

In the Darkside I believe. >:)
  • JPBrunel
    821 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @Cyrus_Ren no spoiling whatsoever! Darth Plagueis was Palp's master... Long dead and won't be in episodes VIII and IX, won't be in episode XIII for that matter too... :D
    Cyrus_Ren wrote: »
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    I know there are a lot of things coinciding with Darth Nihilus, but that light saber looks like Darth Plagueis' light saber... And Darth Plagueis is canon...

A never seen and only mentionned character? Oh yes lets spoil episodes XIII and IX in a video game! :D

• Options

It is viable and my second guess if not Nihilus. A robe and this quote leave no other choise. Nihilus or Visas.

In the Darkside I trust.

Seems that they are leaning heavy on 2-person synergy (Wiggs, Chaze, Director Death or whatever we're calling it at the moment) -- figure that Visas / Nihilus (Vilus? Nisas? Marrilus?) would make sense with the quote. The first part "A disturbance echoes through the galaxy" is from Visas' quote, while "Residing in shadow and hungry for power…" speaks of Nihilus
  • Options

In the Darkside I trust.

Seems that they are leaning heavy on 2-person synergy (Wiggs, Chaze, Director Death or whatever we're calling it at the moment) -- figure that Visas / Nihilus (Vilus? Nisas? Marrilus?) would make sense with the quote. The first part "A disturbance echoes through the galaxy" is from Visas' quote, while "Residing in shadow and hungry for power…" speaks of Nihilus

I think just like you!
  • Options
    @Cyrus_Ren no spoiling whatsoever! Darth Plagueis was Palp's master... Long dead and won't be in episodes VIII and IX, won't be in episode XIII for that matter too... :D
    I know there are a lot of things coinciding with Darth Nihilus, but that light saber looks like Darth Plagueis' light saber... And Darth Plagueis is canon...

A never seen and only mentionned character? Oh yes lets spoil episodes XIII and IX in a video game! :D

What about Snoke is Plagueis?
    Introducting the character design of the master of Sidious in this game? Keep dreaming! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Revan? Please?
  • Options
    Darth Plagueis was killed by Sidious (canon fact!) so how can he be Snoke?? Do you even Star Wars??
    And to your second point, no matter if they release Nihilus, Visas or whatever other non-canon character (which is a possibility, I'll admit) it's going to be a introductory design anyway... So why not Plagueis?
    @Cyrus_Ren

• Cyrus_Ren
    133 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Darth Plagueis was killed by Sidious (canon fact!) so how can he be Snoke?? Do you even Star Wars??
    And to your second point, no matter if they release Nihilus, Visas or whatever other non-canon character (which is a possibility, I'll admit) it's going to be a introductory design anyway... So why not Plagueis?
    @Cyrus_Ren

Sidious said he killed him. Not the same thing. There is NO evidence he is dead or not. I never trust a Sith Lord.
  • Options
    LOL! Fair enough! But to start treating speculative theories as possible canon is probably even less trustworthy than a Sith Lord's word! ;) Cheers! @Cyrus_Ren
  • Options
    It's revans saber
  • Options
    It's revans saber

Doesn't look like Revan's robe (armor) from anything I remember seeing though - and don't remember Revan having a sash. Plus, awfully coincidental that the quote exactly matches a quote from Visas.

Comes down to either the wardrobe & quote don't match up, or the saber doesn't match up.....or we are all wrong and it's someone completely different...like Darth Binks!
  • Options
    @Irishdogmeows I've scoured the internet for Revan images and I honestly could find a resemblance anywhere... Still could be his though, but I'm just saying, don't know how anyone can be so sure about something like that just yet...
  • Options
    It's revans saber

Several of the images I've found (including the one below from Wookieepedia) show Revan's saber with spikes at the top.

latest?cb=20120114140236
  • Options
    It's revans saber

Doesn't look like Revan's robe (armor) from anything I remember seeing though - and don't remember Revan having a sash. Plus, awfully coincidental that the quote exactly matches a quote from Visas.

Comes down to either the wardrobe & quote don't match up, or the saber doesn't match up.....or we are all wrong and it's someone completely different...like Darth Binks!

Exactly. It looks like a comic rendition, so artistic license has likely been taken. However, the words make it almost impossible for it to be anyone other than Nihilus or Visas. I happen to favor Nihilus simply because the latter half speaks only of Nihilus, where as the former half references a quote said to Nihilus by Visas (so encompasses both, in a sense).
  • Options
    What if its just Aurra Sing?
  • Options
    A disturbance echoes through the galaxy. Residing in shadow and hungry for power…

is just a strong evidence for everyone who played KOTOR. This quote is so famous...
  • Options
    Mageduckey wrote: »
    It's revans saber

Several of the images I've found (including the one below from Wookieepedia) show Revan's saber with spikes at the top.

latest?cb=20120114140236

That is his saber the the old republic game not kotor the one in the pic is revans from KOTOR
  • Options
    A disturbance echoes through the galaxy. Residing in shadow and hungry for power…

is just a strong evidence for everyone who played KOTOR. This quote is so famous...

KOTOR 2. And it's evidence that points specifically to Visas and Nihilus. Also, the second half is like a biography for Nihilus' backstory.
  • Options
    Exactly. It looks like a comic rendition, so artistic license has likely been taken. However, the words make it almost impossible for it to be anyone other than Nihilus or Visas. I happen to favor Nihilus simply because the latter half speaks only of Nihilus, where as the former half references a quote said to Nihilus by Visas (so encompasses both, in a sense).

Overall I agree Nihilus matches the overall quote best, and in the end the lightsaber looks most like Nihilus' to me

latest?cb=20100318153550

The only thing that makes me think Visas is the red sash and the fact that with Sith "Always two there are, no more, no less. A master and an apprentice..."
  • Options
    It's revans saber

latest?cb=20120114140236

That is his saber the the old republic game not kotor the one in the pic is revans from KOTOR

Fair enough. To be honest I've never done anything with TOR so wasn't aware. I did, however, say that only some of them have the spikes; I wasn't sure why there was a difference. Thanks for clarifying :) I would like to point out, though, that the teaser phrase below the image seems to have absolutely nothing to do with Revan.
  • Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Overall I agree Nihilus matches the overall quote best, and in the end the lightsaber looks most like Nihilus' to me

latest?cb=20100318153550

The only thing that makes me think Visas is the red sash and the fact that with Sith "Always two there are, no more, no less. A master and an apprentice..."

Yes, but without Nihilus there wouldn't be a Visas. Also the sash could very easily be red simply because of the lightsaber casting a red hue on its surroundings. One of my problems with it being Visas instead of Nihilus is that the second half of the teaser phrase has nothing to do with Visas whatsoever. I could see a future Visas entrance to have synergy with Nihilus, though.
  • Options
    Welcome To Visalus? LOL :D
  • Options
    Yes, but without Nihilus there wouldn't be a Visas. Also the sash could very easily be red simply because of the lightsaber casting a red hue on its surroundings. One of my problems with it being Visas instead of Nihilus is that the second half of the teaser phrase has nothing to do with Visas whatsoever. I could see a future Visas entrance to have synergy with Nihilus, though.

I agree it is most likely Nihilus. The lightsaber matches his best, and overall the quote ties back to him best. The sash is what makes me wonder the most since I don't remember him having one, but that could easily just be a fold in the robe - not a sash at all. Plus, I think that Nihilus would probably bring more excitement of the two, so would be more likely to be teased.
  • Weaver9
    138 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Which funny enough wasn't actually a thing back in KOTOR days. ;)
  • Options
    Bet on dark Barriss))
  • Options
    I hope it's nihilus - there are so many cool characters from the EU.

Revan
    Meetra Surik
    Trayus
    Sion
    Visas Marr
    Malak
    Bastila
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    Darkside Bariss... I really hope it's finally her.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @Cyrus_Ren

Some theories are saying that Snoke IS Darth Plagueis, and that he could survive to Sidious due to his masterizing of the force... There's a youtube video on it (but I don't remember if it's in french or english).

EDIT: Moreover, he will perfectly fit with Kylo since he's also FO and could have synergies.
  • Options
    Darth Plagueis' whole theme is about preserving live and bringing someone back from live.

I am personally not convinced that Snoke is Darth Plagueis, but it is one of the best theories out there.
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • Options
    @Nurgle @BulYwif
    Fan crafted theories are far from canon! I'm not saying that is impossible that Snoke turns out to be Darth Plagueis, but as of now Darth Plagueis is dead...
This discussion has been closed.