Why do you only get Krennic if you are LVL 80+?

Prev1
Easy question. Why?

I'm mid 70s. I play as much as you. I spend on average as much as you. So why don't I get the free character?

30/50 shards???

Replies

• Options
    Event isn't over yet, phase 4 gives dk or dt shards
  • Options
    jakedamus wrote: »
    Easy question. Why?

I'm mid 70s. I play as much as you. I spend on average as much as you. So why don't I get the free character?

30/50 shards???

Well tbf, you don't play as much as others in terms of months invested, and that's probs why. It takes a strong roster to even beat the final tier, so it is more difficult in that respect. I doubt someone below lvl 80 would be able to unless you had spectacular mods. Also, it only rewards 10 shards, so in your case it wouldn't unlock.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    To give you something to work toward. These events generally return. Could you get Yoda the first time you tried? Palpatine? Patience. Yes.
  • Options
    There's no way at level 79 I would've been able to beat this mission. Heck up until recently I wouldn't have done it. It almost required you to have 5 solid dark side toons with good mods and maxed abilities.
  • Options
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    There's no way at level 79 I would've been able to beat this mission. Heck up until recently I wouldn't have done it. It almost required you to have 5 solid dark side toons with good mods and maxed abilities.

Or a newly reworked FO team :blush:
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options

You should have 5 solid dark side toons anyway, or you are not getting very far in dark side missions
  • Options
    @benacrow Which would be 5 dark side toons... lol

@Maljr1980 I should've been more clear with solid, a solid DS team for level 4 is much different than a solid DS team for level 8 or 9.
  • Options
    Level 81, only EP is at gear 10, the rest of my dark side toons are gear 8, and not all of them are fully levelled or starred. They don't have my arena mods on either. It took me a couple tries for the RNG to favour me, but was completely doable.

Someone who knows what they are doing and runs an empire arena squad should be able to beat stage four of the event by the mid 70s.
  • Options
    It isn't really krennic for Lvl 80+ alone, it's krennic for Lvl 80+ who have invested in DS toons, such as myself. The 4th tier is harder than it was in the first two events, to beat it you probably need all g9 and decent mods, as well as synergy (empire works great in this department).

Oh well, for all you LS players there's another one tomorrow, so you guys can get him off of that. That is, if you can avoid the dispel/Deathmark spam on the final tier... I hope you have a dispeller.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    I beat the stage at 79 on my alt with a poorly modded mostly g8 bounty hunter squad. Should be doable at 75+ as well.
  • Options
    It was easy, not sure why people call it hard.
  • Options

We invested in dark side characters and have been playing for a while.

Some have only invested in rebels or light side so they may be the complainers.
  • Options
    I invested in everyone who seemed fun. My Empire with the aid of Bobba won, Deathtrooker helped shut down Chiirut's heals.
  • Options
    Because level 80 >>> level 70. You have to put extra work in to get to level 80....
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    Imo this event was easier than the last dt event, my daughters account was able to beat all 4 stages of this one but no matter what team comp and how many times hat and I tried we could not beat the 4th tier on the dt, her account is lvl 79 with a decent squad but not very good mods so it is doable under 80.
  • Options
    Maljr1980 wrote: »
    Event isn't over yet, phase 4 gives dk or dt shards

Special OPS 4 only gives DK shards according to the rewards tab.
  • Options
    The event beats a tournament any day. Fewer people were unlocking characters after the tournaments than are with this event.
  • Options
    I've never read a more entitled comment. Veteran players already don't get enough. Come back after you've played for almost 2 years and tell me if it's worth it. These small caveats are the only thing still keeping me in this game.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    Carbonari wrote: »
    The event beats a tournament any day. Fewer people were unlocking characters after the tournaments than are with this event.

For sure! Tournament unlocks:0 event unlocks:every one of themy so far

I started playing in October of last year so I don't have a deep enough roster for tournaments when there are people running 5 or more teams that can compete vs my 2 maybe 3 teams that can get wins. I love the events, hate tournaments!
  • StarSon
    7464 posts Member
    Options
    To give you something to work toward. These events generally return. Could you get Yoda the first time you tried? Palpatine? Patience. Yes.

There is no achievement, so it probably will not return.

And, honestly OP, you have not played the same as the rest of us. He will eventually be farmable, but there is nothing wrong with giving something to long time players before new players.
  • Options

On level 84 its impossible to
  • Options
    I hit auto don't know what you're talking about...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sorry to say if you are not lvl 80 you did not play as much as people who are....lvl in is a matter of time and/or money.... so on your other point you may not have spent as much as someone who's is lvl 80....

Just be happy this doesn't say extremely rare....took me forever to palp to 7*.

It will return or they will become farmable, at some point.
  • Options
    So much wa, wa, wa today.
    You are only 20 shards off where everyone else will start with Krennic. And he will be behind a paywall for months. Plenty of time to catch up and do what you want with him
  • crzydroid
    7326 posts Moderator
    Options
    Personally I think it was great for the people who invested in ds (who in theory want him more anyway) to have an advantage in this event. You need rebels to get Palp, such that I have a 7* and people on my leaderboard who actually run ds have 5*. But now even that is every other month. You'll be able to get Krennic after the first two tiers of the next one...you just might not 4*.
  • Options
    Low level guys have plenty of other toons to unlock anyway. The oldies need new challenges.
  • Options
    Not everyone is supposed to be able to complete all the events... same reason why everyone can't complete the highest tiers of the ship challenges.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Are you upset because the system wouldn't let you attempt it, or because you couldn't beat it? I didn't pay attention to which of my toons could or could not complete the event.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options

I've literally auto'd every tier so far. I still prefer this event 100x more than tournaments.
  • Options
    Remcooo wrote: »

On level 84 its impossible to

I'm 85, and quite underrated, as early in guilds I jumped to my own after guild leaders ignoring the majority wanting to do tier 5 because we were "holding them back" and my guild is mostly newer players, so I have little raid gear, and none really went to my Empire, who I used, and I managed to win after a few tries.