Time to go

These people at ea/cg must really think highly of yourselves you fix minor bugs and issues that have absolutely no impact on the real issues of the game in attempt to string people along until the game falls right on it's face. I don't know about anyone else but I feel insulted by ea/cg because I feel like they are trying to imply that people who play rpg games are just as mindless as the people that play their sports games and they are trying to treat us as such.

Replies

• Options
    These people at ea/cg must really think highly of yourselves you fix minor bugs and issues that have absolutely no impact on the real issues of the game in attempt to string people along until the game falls right on it's face. I don't know about anyone else but I feel insulted by ea/cg because I feel like they are trying to imply that people who play rpg games are just as mindless as the people that play their sports games and they are trying to treat us as such.
  • Options
    I can deal with the cash grabs, unbalanced characters, being one shotted, or not beating the GW everyday, or the gear grind.

Your know the ONE thing that I can't stand?

Stunned characters dodging! Who's with me?
  • Options
    I'm with you on the stunned character dodge garbage. Not really with you on being fine with many of the other things though. :)
  • Options
    What lvl are u?
    And agree with stunned char who still can dodge...
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I run a team based on stuns so it would be in my interests for this to be changed. And it would make sense.
    But it might not be a good idea.
    Stunning is already probably the most severe negative status effect, and this would make it stronger. If they make it so stunning also completely negates dodging, stunning would become pretty overpowered. Already we see lots of Dookus and Dakas and after that change, they'd be everywhere.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • shimsham
    101 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The fact is, many of the diehard wallet warriors probably suffer from addictive personalities so they'll keep forking out money and there will be no incentive for ea/cg to actually fix the real issues. That this is also a Star Wars themed app, that will just make it worse since so many Star Wars fans are die hard geeks who will eat, drink, sleep all things Star Wars.

I know for me, I want to quit but I think about the time I have put in and it mainly keeps me from quitting. At least for now. I do like collecting the characters but then I think about what the point is if they have no real use in most of the modes unless I get them all geared, starred and leveled up big time which takes forever and even if I do, there isn't much incentive because there is no payoff in this app. It's just one big tedious chore of grinding away and doing the same stuff over and over like we're hamsters on an exercise wheel.

I'll maybe stay until the new update and see if it offers anything like new modes that can add something to the current repetitive borefest, and if not, I'm done.

I don't consider this a rpg "game" (I don't really consider it a game) so I don't see how rpg gamers factor in and it takes more thinking to play a sports game than it does to use this app where all you do is tap the screen a few times so if one is to talk about being mindless...
  • Options
    Lol because it's not about the actions made while playing it's about how the game is supposed to be played this game is supposed to be a strategy game and the abilities and synergies are there but there is so much damage being done nothing else matters so it no longer is a strategy game but really is just mindless pushing of a button just like a sports game
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    Options
    So .. Can I have your stuff?
    Ally Code: 859-197-534
  • Options
    Lol I would if I could
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I haven't spent anything yet so for me, only time would be lost here but I understand your sentiments.
    • EA has done a very amateurish rollout of this game and it shows in how updates are pushed out with notes minutes or hours before, or worse, after or not even in one case.
    • They are also on a ruthless cash grab which is even turning off spenders like @Qeltar and others above and beyond. Many have already quit due to lack of new content and got bored.
    • How they prioritize updates and fixes also baffles the mind. They roll out changes that nobody cared to see and yet leave things broken for months, again baffling.
    • They've also handled their communication with forum members strangely, posting on Reddit more than they do here, very confusing...

In the end, it's clear they feel they know best and in a few months, let's see where the game is at. If they're lucky, they'll have people hanging around and maybe they'll turn a profit. My belief is that with all the rookie mistakes they've made, I don't see the cycle changing rapidly and that may kill them in the end. They need new leadership on this title. Whoever is in charge is dropping the ball majorly,....
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This:
    shimsham wrote: »
    The fact is, many of the diehard wallet warriors probably suffer from addictive personalities so they'll keep forking out money and there will be no incentive for ea/cg to actually fix the real issues.
    And this:
    shimsham wrote: »
    I know for me, I want to quit but I think about the time I have put in and it mainly keeps me from quitting.
    ... are related. It's not merely addiction, it is the sunk cost fallacy.
    Time and money are interchangeable for most people.
    This is a useful read for people not familiar with this phenomenon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escalation_of_commitment
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I agree with most of everything i read from everybody who posted. Sad that this game is dying already. A lot of the people i've talked to stop spending and are waiting for the update to decide if they wanna quit.
    https://youtube.com/user/MurdaDeadpool/videos Subscribe and follow me here teaminstinct.net/ Home to Team Instinct
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    I just don't get CG, first they take a premium toon and make it availeble for all and not putting another premium in in his place, then they desites to out of the blue, to change how refresh in GW is, are they trying to push spenders away, or don't they have someone who has attended to business school?

But maybe they are confident the comming major update is providing so mutch that all off this will be forgotten, and they are just getting the bad stuff out of the way.

I'm hoping for my last thought(came while I was writing)
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    You can ;). Give him your game center/google play account.
  • Options
    I take back everything I said in the Lando thread. I'm a massive spender, but when I saw they changed GW refresh to crystals I felt a wave of disgust. It was one blatant step too far. I know I said they didn't care about ftp players, but that move was not only a huge slap in their face, but also to the ptw players as well. It means they have no limits, they can create a rule or system, let us grow used to it and then arbitrarily pull it right out from under us whenever they want. Yes, it's their game, but you have to have integrity in business or you'll have no consumer confidence.

They will not get one more cent of my money. I don't trust them. I'm now ftp.

• ckl
    18 posts Member
    Options
    I'm okay with Stun Character dodging. What sucks is a stunned character can granting an assist through captain plasma's leadership ability when their turn is up. And a stunned character can grant a counter assist through captain phasmas leadership ability. Please take note @EA_Jesse.
  • Options
    Yep - I'm the same way. I have spent a little money to this point, but no more.

They're completely jerking around with the game. It's bait and switch.

Many of us paid money based on the game - then they changed it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    ... that people who play rpg games are just as mindless as the people that play their sports games and they are trying to treat us as such.
    And that's when I stopped caring.
    Is it really that hard to make posts/threads without insulting people?
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    I do apologize I can be a d. I. C k sometimes but for me I don't like sports games because all you do is press a button throw the ball catch the ball there is just nothing to it I play rpg/strategy games for a challenge because they are supposed to make me think or they have a story that you can really place yourself in and become apart of and it really is an insult they put something like this out and don't make it live up to its potential instead they present people with new characters and making characters easier to get and fix simple things like visual errors in hopes to drain people of their money because this is already a failure to them
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    I do apologize I can be a d. I. C k sometimes but for me I don't like sports games because all you do is press a button throw the ball catch the ball there is just nothing to it I play rpg/strategy games for a challenge because they are supposed to make me think or they have a story that you can really place yourself in and become apart of and it really is an insult they put something like this out and don't make it live up to its potential instead they present people with new characters and making characters easier to get and fix simple things like visual errors in hopes to drain people of their money because this is already a failure to them

It takes a lot to apologize for being offensive on the forums. The anonymity of the internet allows people to just shrug it off. So cudos to you. On a side note I lol'd that the only punctuation In your entire post is to subvert the filter.
  • Options
    Lol those are only there because of auto correct I don't really care lol you still understand what I'm saying though I do understand it can be confusing at times but I hate typing and texting so I just want to get it over with
  • Options
    You know what makes me mad?

Where in the bible does it say that a man can't fire off some knuckle-children in the privacy of his own neighbor's living room while his neighbor's at work because I don't have a DVD player? Well, I don't know where it says it because the Bible was way too long to read!
  • Options
    SWGOH -your daily dose of frustration.
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    "You know what really makes me mad..."

I give up, silly rhetorical questions perhaps?

@Qeltar +1

@Mittens LMAO. That's why my remote is always sticky and the dog appears sedated!!!
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Mittens wrote: »
    You know what makes me mad?

Where in the bible does it say that a man can't fire off some knuckle-children in the privacy of his own neighbor's living room while his neighbor's at work because I don't have a DVD player? Well, I don't know where it says it because the Bible was way too long to read!

Dude, get with the times! You don't need a DVD player for that anymore. Go into your neighbour's den, fire up his computer and check out the plethora of free online streaming sites.

As for stunned characters being able to dodge, I'm OK with that. The Force is a powerful ally indeed and if it sees fit to make my opponent's miss while I'm standing there helpless, then who am I to argue?
  • Options
    yes stunned characters dodging is pretty stupid. They should have 0 dodge and group bonus's when stunned. Like on city of heroes when tank gets stunned all his armors drop. NOT FUN! :D
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    resized_grandma-finds-the-internet-meme-generator-dammit-that-kid-rage-quit-on-me-557f65.jpg
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    SWGOH -your daily dose of frustration.

Gotta complete your daily activities!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*