i had a complete meltdown today im in some serious need of help i need a new arena team

2Next

Replies

• Options
    To OP, work on maul and zeta him, EP can stun out of the gate under his lead. Plus, looking to the future with zihilus coming this looks to be a good plan.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    spotremix wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Anytime you have palpatine lead, you should be running vader as well

opinions opinions.
    could just be like me. i gave up on arena a long time ago. i got so tired of seeing the meta with every single team. it's still that way. go into arena and it's the same team with just 3 different names. so i called it quits on the arena. it was sucking some fun out of the game. now i just focus my time and energy on what i do have fun doing.

It's never been more diverse. Current top 10 on my shard:
    1) Vader
    2) Palpatine
    3) Rex
    4) Rex
    5) Wedge
    6) Boba
    7) Palps
    8) Vader
    9) Wedge
    10) Wedge

Seems to me there are at least 4 meta teams. Go to top 20 and you see HK, QGJ, Phasma and Lando as leads there.

Beats the hell out of Dodge meta, Poe meta, Wiggs meta of old right?

games are suppose to fun and relaxing. how can one relax if they are always worried about who's beating them and with what and always trying to max out this toon or that toon as fast as possible.

well, i enjoy winning. Even moreso because i can max toons faster if i'm winning.

and let me ask you. why do you enjoy winning? does it make you feel better than everyone else? do you think others are impressed by all the maxed out toons you have? do you think people envy what you have or what rank you are? WRONG.
    Mullato wrote: »

opinions opinions.
    could just be like me. i gave up on arena a long time ago. i got so tired of seeing the meta with every single team. it's still that way. go into arena and it's the same team with just 3 different names. so i called it quits on the arena. it was sucking some fun out of the game. now i just focus my time and energy on what i do have fun doing.

1) Vader
    2) Palpatine
    3) Rex
    4) Rex
    5) Wedge
    6) Boba
    7) Palps
    8) Vader
    9) Wedge
    10) Wedge

Seems to me there are at least 4 meta teams. Go to top 20 and you see HK, QGJ, Phasma and Lando as leads there.

well apparently my shard is stuck in the past then because all i see are rebels rebels and more rebels. wedge biggs lando sth and rg is the normal team. ocassionally an all droid team or all jaws team will show up but very rarely.

me? i go with what i like for everything and what my favorite toons are no matter there power or abilities. it's not all about being number 1.

games are suppose to fun and relaxing. how can one relax if they are always worried about who's beating them and with what and always trying to max out this toon or that toon as fast as possible.

Your shard sounds like a breeze. You should be happy.

my shard sux. every time i do go into arena as little as i do all i see are 3 teams of all the same meta toons. i can't get below rank 170 with my team. but you know what i enjoy my team because it's made up of toons i actually enjoy and like. not just what everyone else is using because that's what gets you to the top. being at the top means nothing to me. now if i happen to get there with my team great. but i'd rather stay at the bottom with a team i like than some team everyone put together just i be top dogs.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

opinions opinions.

1) Vader
    2) Palpatine
    3) Rex
    4) Rex
    5) Wedge
    6) Boba
    7) Palps
    8) Vader
    9) Wedge
    10) Wedge

well, i enjoy winning. Even moreso because i can max toons faster if i'm winning.

and let me ask you. why do you enjoy winning? does it make you feel better than everyone else? do you think others are impressed by all the maxed out toons you have? do you think people envy what you have or what rank you are? WRONG.

opinions opinions.

1) Vader
    2) Palpatine
    3) Rex
    4) Rex
    5) Wedge
    6) Boba
    7) Palps
    8) Vader
    9) Wedge
    10) Wedge

well apparently my shard is stuck in the past then because all i see are rebels rebels and more rebels. wedge biggs lando sth and rg is the normal team. ocassionally an all droid team or all jaws team will show up but very rarely.

me? i go with what i like for everything and what my favorite toons are no matter there power or abilities. it's not all about being number 1.

my shard sux. every time i do go into arena as little as i do all i see are 3 teams of all the same meta toons. i can't get below rank 170 with my team. but you know what i enjoy my team because it's made up of toons i actually enjoy and like. not just what everyone else is using because that's what gets you to the top. being at the top means nothing to me. now if i happen to get there with my team great. but i'd rather stay at the bottom with a team i like than some team everyone put together just i be top dogs.

What team do you use?

There is not just 1 viable team btw, you know that right ?
  • Options

opinions opinions.

1) Vader
    2) Palpatine
    3) Rex
    4) Rex
    5) Wedge
    6) Boba
    7) Palps
    8) Vader
    9) Wedge
    10) Wedge

opinions opinions.

1) Vader
    2) Palpatine
    3) Rex
    4) Rex
    5) Wedge
    6) Boba
    7) Palps
    8) Vader
    9) Wedge
    10) Wedge

What team do you use?

yes but the team i use doesn't ever cut it against the rebel meta.

my team is this EP lead vader red guard and currently offee and dooku.

yes i know there are others to counter but remember i use who i like. so i don't really mean to sound like i'm crying i can't win all the time.

i'm just saying it'd be nice to coke across more players who use what they use because they genuinely enjoy those toons and aren't just doing because that's what wins.

• Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

opinions opinions.

1) Vader
    2) Palpatine
    3) Rex
    4) Rex
    5) Wedge
    6) Boba
    7) Palps
    8) Vader
    9) Wedge
    10) Wedge

opinions opinions.

1) Vader
    2) Palpatine
    3) Rex
    4) Rex
    5) Wedge
    6) Boba
    7) Palps
    8) Vader
    9) Wedge
    10) Wedge

What team do you use?

yes i know there are others to counter but remember i use who i like. so i don't really mean to sound like i'm crying i can't win all the time.

i'm just saying it'd be nice to coke across more players who use what they use because they genuinely enjoy those toons and aren't just doing because that's what wins.

The only toon you have that isn't widely used is dooku. Good advice tho, games are meant to be enjoyed. But many people enjoy the competitive aspect, such as myself.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

opinions opinions.

1) Vader
    2) Palpatine
    3) Rex
    4) Rex
    5) Wedge
    6) Boba
    7) Palps
    8) Vader
    9) Wedge
    10) Wedge

i care don't if others are impressed by my roster. However, i'm pretty sure some people envy my rank and roster. That isn't the reason why i enjoy winning though. It's just like sports, have you ever played a sport? I played soccer, real low division, but becomming champion was awesome! Next year we got slaughtered in a higher division, that wasn't nearly as much fun but i still had a good time. So why not try to win? even if it's just to be the biggest fish in a really small pond..
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Using more than one tank is useless in arena. A night sister team with B2 would even see that as an easy win.

Having more than two tanks in the Arena is a waste but two tanks with three damage dealers can be a force to be reckoned with. I like to categorize tanks as Defensive or Offensive. Two Defensive tanks are RG and Old Ben - neither do a ton of damage but are good at manipulating TM. Two Offensive tanks are Fives and Baze - do a fair amount of damage and retaliate. You can have two Offensive tanks or one Defensive/one Offensive but two Defensive tanks is a good way to lose.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    EP, Vader, TFP, Shore, RG

The reason to run 2 tanks Shore and RG is to better deal with Landkin, Biggs combo... you need TFP faster than the fastes STH in your shard.... then use EP lead and Vader. Against a Landkin/Biggs combo this team works very well.

If you going against a Baze or Shore you swap out RG for B2 or Sun Fac

If you are facing another empire team Rex, or Yoda are very helpful... but not needed.

If you are going against a faster Boba.... hopefully you can live long enough to take out the other team.

Han Solo is very useful against many teams... the only issue is if the have Shore or Baze.
  • Options

opinions opinions.

1) Vader
    2) Palpatine
    3) Rex
    4) Rex
    5) Wedge
    6) Boba
    7) Palps
    8) Vader
    9) Wedge
    10) Wedge

opinions opinions.

1) Vader
    2) Palpatine
    3) Rex
    4) Rex
    5) Wedge
    6) Boba
    7) Palps
    8) Vader
    9) Wedge
    10) Wedge

What team do you use?

The only toon you have that isn't widely used is dooku. Good advice tho, games are meant to be enjoyed. But many people enjoy the competitive aspect, such as myself.

well in my shard all you see is rebels with an occasional red guard or rey. i use to run tarkin and storm trooper in place of dooku and offee. but dooku and offee are currently more powerful than my tarkin and i'm at least trying to maintain my rank.

but they are toons i truly enjoy.

opinions opinions.

1) Vader
    2) Palpatine
    3) Rex
    4) Rex
    5) Wedge
    6) Boba
    7) Palps
    8) Vader
    9) Wedge
    10) Wedge

i care don't if others are impressed by my roster. However, i'm pretty sure some people envy my rank and roster. That isn't the reason why i enjoy winning though. It's just like sports, have you ever played a sport? I played soccer, real low division, but becomming champion was awesome! Next year we got slaughtered in a higher division, that wasn't nearly as much fun but i still had a good time. So why not try to win? even if it's just to be the biggest fish in a really small pond..

i can see trying to win but not at the expense of having fun and using what the most powerful instead of what i like.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

opinions opinions.

1) Vader
    2) Palpatine
    3) Rex
    4) Rex
    5) Wedge
    6) Boba
    7) Palps
    8) Vader
    9) Wedge
    10) Wedge

opinions opinions.

1) Vader
    2) Palpatine
    3) Rex
    4) Rex
    5) Wedge
    6) Boba
    7) Palps
    8) Vader
    9) Wedge
    10) Wedge

What team do you use?

well in my shard all you see is rebels with an occasional red guard or rey. i use to run tarkin and storm trooper in place of dooku and offee. but dooku and offee are currently more powerful than my tarkin and i'm at least trying to maintain my rank.

but they are toons i truly enjoy.

opinions opinions.

1) Vader
    2) Palpatine
    3) Rex
    4) Rex
    5) Wedge
    6) Boba
    7) Palps
    8) Vader
    9) Wedge
    10) Wedge

i can see trying to win but not at the expense of having fun and using what the most powerful instead of what i like.

If you like empire characters, you could run palp, Vader, tfp, shore, rg/boba and probably easily get into the top 20 of your shard.

I like Jedi, but I don't have GK. So I farmed 20 zetas dropped them on Qgj, running with aayla, Anakin, and Yoda behind him. I slotted in shore since he helps keep them alive longer and I can place top 5 everyday.

I agree, it's all about having fun. But when having fun pays off it feels so much better. Trust me, I used to have trouble getting into top 100 and I didn't care much. But spending months of hard work on a squad you enjoy and works, and using it to fight against other people's best teams for a top position is the most fun I've had in this game. The sense of accomplishment is worth it.
  • unit900000
    626 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    im doing a bit better now that i droped SThan and put in boba. for raid han i use either him,b2 or vader depending on who im fighting.

im thinking about switching to a rex team: rex (L), sun fac, SThan, and wiggs. ill have to farm wedge first but idc any thoughts? maybe i should just stick him in my main team as utility vs vader lead as a tenacity up tool or maybe yoda.

edit: nvm about yoda TFP would destroy him.
  • Options
    what I would do is,
    Boba(L)
    Shore
    Ig88
    EP
    & Raid Han
    you can use raid han to stun a primary threat early in the match,
    i would make boba & EP go first to get ability block and stun and stack debuffs and then call in 88 for his AOE,
    its not an ideal team but could be fun.
    im currently working on a new team that might interest you but some toons you dont have lvld up,
    Boba(L)
    Kylo Ren
    Sun Fac
    GS
    & still debating between 88 & Rey for 5th