i had a complete meltdown today im in some serious need of help i need a new arena team

Prev1
i just lost it man im just so tired of arena now i dont know what to do any more. i was running EP (L), TFP, shoretrooper, raid han (or b2 some times) and SThan but i feel like i cant win any more using this team i have a serious if EP dies i lose problem. i even tried 2 different droid teams and i still could not win anything. i just got really annoyed and put in a bunch of weak characters cause im just tired of my teams not doing much of anything any more.

i have a synced swgoh account so i would like to ask if you guys could take a look and make some suggestions as to what arena team i should use: https://swgoh.gg/u/unit900000/collection/

Replies

• Options
    You have 3 tanks. That is probably why
  • Options
    Few questions so I can understand your arena situation better.

When did you start playing?

What are the top teams on your board?

What are the gear lvls of the teams you are facing?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Try EP (L), TFP, Boba, ShT, and a fifth.
    Fifth could be B2, Vader or Raid Han. If you have ShT, you don't really also need STH. ShT should protect your team long enough for EP to stun and Boba to AB and TFP to run through some people. Vader can be pretty unstoppable with EP lead, Raid han can give you the initial stun, and B2 can give you a dispeller. Whichever you need more. You just need more offense, EP is all you've got with TFP, but both are squishy, so you should add Boba.
    Also doesn't help that your b2 is 4* and your tfp is only 5*. B2 won't last as long and tfp will be even squishier than normal.
    I'd recommend either Vader or Raid han so you can deal more damage, and Raid Han's buff can be a savior for tfp and EP as long as they dont have buff immunity.
  • Taco
    446 posts Member
    Options
    Adding a tusken will destroy them
  • Options
    TBH, STH is fairly useless in the current meta. How close are you to getting a zeta? If close, you should slap that on Vader ASAP and run him as lead. Otherwise, you should try EP lead TFP Boba Shore then B2/Vader depending on who you're facing. Your mods are good enough, but you could also use a little more gear on your main arena team. Also, fast boba would do very well for you to get a quick AB going.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    You have a decent roster.

Try building a team under boba lead. You don't have wedge, so no wiggs....

Boba and anakin play well together.

Boba in a empire team rocks too.

Raid han is nice but you could easily take him out.

B2 is solid sub when facing certain teams, keep him in mind always, he is a solid answer to many zetas
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Also if you're going to use B2, take the +12% critical chance triangle mod off of him, you don't really want him to crit Biggs, you just want him to dispel taunts and tenacity up. No point in making him help the other team.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Try EP (L), TFP, Boba, ShT, and a fifth.
    Fifth could be B2, Vader or Raid Han. If you have ShT, you don't really also need STH. ShT should protect your team long enough for EP to stun and Boba to AB and TFP to run through some people. Vader can be pretty unstoppable with EP lead, Raid han can give you the initial stun, and B2 can give you a dispeller. Whichever you need more. You just need more offense, EP is all you've got with TFP, but both are squishy, so you should add Boba.
    Also doesn't help that your b2 is 4* and your tfp is only 5*. B2 won't last as long and tfp will be even squishier than normal.
    I'd recommend either Vader or Raid han so you can deal more damage, and Raid Han's buff can be a savior for tfp and EP as long as they dont have buff immunity.
    benacrow wrote: »
    TBH, STH is fairly useless in the current meta. How close are you to getting a zeta? If close, you should slap that on Vader ASAP and run him as lead. Otherwise, you should try EP lead TFP Boba Shore then B2/Vader depending on who you're facing. Your mods are good enough, but you could also use a little more gear on your main arena team. Also, fast boba would do very well for you to get a quick AB going.

sounds good ill give it a go tomorrow and post results. ya i was planing on zetaing vader i have zeta battles unlocked but i cant beat it yet.
  • Options
    Taco wrote: »

I concur
  • Options
    I know it can get frustrating man but don't lose yourself over it! Just keep trying new teams, researching, and doing what you can. That's all you can do.
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    Options
    EP lead, TFP and shore are a good start, id keep those 3 and add vader and either RG or boba, your damage output wont be huge but the debuffs will give yo ua lot of wins
  • Options
    could just be like me. i gave up on arena a long time ago. i got so tired of seeing the meta with every single team. it's still that way. go into arena and it's the same team with just 3 different names. so i called it quits on the arena. it was sucking some fun out of the game. now i just focus my time and energy on what i do have fun doing.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Anytime you have palpatine lead, you should be running vader as well
  • Options
    Taco wrote: »

Change your name to Tusken already.
    Jeez.
    Troll much?
  • Options
    Same problem. I've gone from 50-100 to 150-200 in the past week. Guess it's good at least the game is continually evolving....
  • Options
    Arena has become a bit frustrating I agree, I run Wiggs (L), EP, Boba, SRP since the last Emperors Demise event, and I think before that it was a Boba (L) team although actually I can't really remember, but it has been some variation of Boba team for a while.

I know some may look down on me for chasing the meta, but Wiggs is my strongest combo by far, and if I swap them out I get pushed down the leaderboard a lot.

But yeah, the frustration sets in as 99% of the top 100 on my shard run some sort of Wiggs team. Wiggs + Chaze - I usually get owned. Wiggs - I get owned if Wiggs is faster than my Boba. I've dumped my highest speed mods on Boba but still most of the top teams have amazing speed mods.

Anyway as someone said it's about trying to find other solutions (I just unlocked Shoretrooper through shipments which I'm going to trial) which is part of the fun. I think. Just keep trying different things, or take a break and come back to it
  • Options
    I would think your gear level is letting you down somewhat. If your opponents have gear 11, you are not engaging on an even footing so have to work harder to compete, and willing rng to be on your side. At lvl 85, the standard is gear 11.
  • Options
    i'd go with:
    Boba (L)
    STHan (make him as fast as possible..205+)
    ig88
    lando
    palpatine/ayla/anakin.

personally i like ayla better for your 5th....

personally i run:
    boba (L)
    wiggs
    shoretrooper and ayla....top 20..sometimes top 10..a lot of zetas in my shard..so it varies on the RNG
  • Options
    Ep L,boba,tfp,vader and shore,will get u in top 20 if u play them well(and have good mods) i run the same and have no problem except star count,thats what is holding me back
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Options
    @ OP yea raid Han is only really useful for stunning jawa engineer if your up against droids, that's the only time I use him now is if he's faster than my TFP, the auto taunters have made raid Han pretty obsolete so NEVER use him if they have baze or shore, obviously that would be b2 territory if you're not running boba. I'm currently running Vader(zeta lead), palp, TFP, boba and shore and comfortably sit in top 20 all day
  • Options
    spotremix wrote: »
    could just be like me. i gave up on arena a long time ago. i got so tired of seeing the meta with every single team. it's still that way. go into arena and it's the same team with just 3 different names. so i called it quits on the arena. it was sucking some fun out of the game. now i just focus my time and energy on what i do have fun doing.

It's never been more diverse. Current top 10 on my shard:
    1) Vader
    2) Palpatine
    3) Rex
    4) Rex
    5) Wedge
    6) Boba
    7) Palps
    8) Vader
    9) Wedge
    10) Wedge

Seems to me there are at least 4 meta teams. Go to top 20 and you see HK, QGJ, Phasma and Lando as leads there.

Beats the hell out of Dodge meta, Poe meta, Wiggs meta of old right?

It's not rocket surgery.
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    EP, TFP, Shore. The other 2 are damage dealers. I use Wiggs. Have done great.

Edit: lol this crap game. Dropped to 24 from 6. Haven't dropped for some time and now all of a sudden some weak **** teams are beating me.
    Post edited by vessaharja on
  • Options
    Considering the amount of Galactic War battles you have OP, you're probably in a old shard.. November/Deceber 2015?

Yet you only have 1 g11 character and 11 g10 (with then 22 g9 and 20 g8's).

Your arena problem is due to not focusing.

The teams you've said to be using are the probable best you can do.

Going forward you should focus more (or spend money) if you want to enjoy any success in Arena.
    Good luck
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

opinions opinions.

1) Vader
    2) Palpatine
    3) Rex
    4) Rex
    5) Wedge
    6) Boba
    7) Palps
    8) Vader
    9) Wedge
    10) Wedge

Seems to me there are at least 4 meta teams. Go to top 20 and you see HK, QGJ, Phasma and Lando as leads there.

well apparently my shard is stuck in the past then because all i see are rebels rebels and more rebels. wedge biggs lando sth and rg is the normal team. ocassionally an all droid team or all jaws team will show up but very rarely.

me? i go with what i like for everything and what my favorite toons are no matter there power or abilities. it's not all about being number 1.

games are suppose to fun and relaxing. how can one relax if they are always worried about who's beating them and with what and always trying to max out this toon or that toon as fast as possible.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

opinions opinions.

1) Vader
    2) Palpatine
    3) Rex
    4) Rex
    5) Wedge
    6) Boba
    7) Palps
    8) Vader
    9) Wedge
    10) Wedge

games are suppose to fun and relaxing. how can one relax if they are always worried about who's beating them and with what and always trying to max out this toon or that toon as fast as possible.

well, i enjoy winning. Even moreso because i can max toons faster if i'm winning.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

opinions opinions.

1) Vader
    2) Palpatine
    3) Rex
    4) Rex
    5) Wedge
    6) Boba
    7) Palps
    8) Vader
    9) Wedge
    10) Wedge

well apparently my shard is stuck in the past then because all i see are rebels rebels and more rebels. wedge biggs lando sth and rg is the normal team. ocassionally an all droid team or all jaws team will show up but very rarely.

me? i go with what i like for everything and what my favorite toons are no matter there power or abilities. it's not all about being number 1.

Your shard sounds like a breeze. You should be happy.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    JohnTS676 wrote: »
    @ OP yea raid Han is only really useful for stunning jawa engineer if your up against droids, that's the only time I use him now is if he's faster than my TFP, the auto taunters have made raid Han pretty obsolete so NEVER use him if they have baze or shore, obviously that would be b2 territory if you're not running boba. I'm currently running Vader(zeta lead), palp, TFP, boba and shore and comfortably sit in top 20 all day

I use shore and I run into a raid han sometimes. He can actually be useful...What happens is he stuns shore first turn. So shore is unable to taunt and throw CRIT immunity up. Giving you enough time to burst down any threats by the time he is able to taunt again.
  • Options
    Arena's cool, but I don't make it the main focus of the game. I am placing anywhere from 150 to 80 depending on what's going on.

Right now I'm running EP (L), Vader, TFP, Shore and RG. Shore and RG aren't maxed or even close, I use them more for the annoyance factor for the AI than anything right now. The other 3 take out the team. It's a fun team, your roster is in better shape than mine, you might be happy with it.
  • Options
    Using more than one tank is useless in arena. A night sister team with B2 would even see that as an easy win.
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »

I would respectfully disagree. I know 2 teams in year old shards holding 1st with STH... and he is the only rebel on those teams. His TM manipulation with some of other current TM Zeta toons can really speed your team up.