• Options
    To the OP: Kreaper*
  • Striker
    198 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @Smithie put up a vid of his friend's 7 starring Krooper:

https://youtu.be/FOST-3thHW4

that's awesome *sarcasm*, 125k crystals for 4-7* toons.
  • Options
    @Smithie put up a vid of his friend's 7 starring Krooper:

https://youtu.be/FOST-3thHW4

EIGHT vaults of crystals to 7* these toons! :s
  • Options
    These people are clearly crazy
  • Options
    mmm, let me think

New TV, nah
    New settee, nah
    New laptop, nah
    New phone, nah

A new toon for a mobile game, that will be obselete soon, yeah
  • Options
    Striker wrote: »
    DeeRod12 wrote: »
    This happened late last night:

IMG_9181.jpg

Same here but he's got both Krenic and DT zeta'd

Can you make a video with battle against them? It would be nice expirience.

https://youtu.be/j2cZMF1fwX8
  • Options

IMG_9181.jpg

I made the vid but padawan gaming is going to use the footage and go over it if you want to wait for that lol
  • Options
    The fine point that everyone keeps mis stating is that this 7* toon costs $1000. It's not the toon, that free for everyone. You are only getting 4*s for $1000. That's a huge difference that can't be stressed enough despite how absurd the entire pricing is to begin with.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

IMG_9181.jpg

CTYagdZ.png

Quite possible to beat them though.
  • Options

IMG_9181.jpg

Oh, thats was nice! Thanks you very much!
  • Options

IMG_9181.jpg

Oh, thats was nice! Thanks you very much!

Anytime man ! I would've won if DT didn't come back lol
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »

IMG_9181.jpg

CTYagdZ.png

Quite possible to beat them though.

For as much as these toons cost they should be nearly unbeatable and be able to gain and hold a top arena spot a little easier (think when Chaze first showed up in arena).

Anyone thinking buyers remorse?
  • DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Mvnson wrote: »
    The fine point that everyone keeps mis stating is that this 7* toon costs $1000. It's not the toon, that free for everyone. You are only getting 4*s for $1000. That's a huge difference that can't be stressed enough despite how absurd the entire pricing is to begin with.

Let's dig a bit deeper on the DT.

The most useful stats, speed and protection come exclusively from gear, so adding stars does nothing for those. Adding stars has no effect on ability levels.

Spending $1000 will give your death trooper about 30% more offense, a little under 50% health (where he can easily have 40k protection and a ShT to hide behind) and a few % more crit (where his hardest hit is typically an auto crit)

That's all you get, nothing more. So, for every $100 you spend, you give DT 3% offense. 5% health and about 0.3% crit.

Of course you give Krennic some of the same, but at lower increments because he's squishier and already at 4*, not 3.

Oh, and I forgot you also get a credit heist 's worth of credits, more ability mats to add to the pile and like 25-30 shards for the shard shop.

WHAT A GREAT DEAL!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Just an update, a friend's shard has a whale who after all that seems to have dropped krennic from his mix. He seems to be experimenting with many lineups but just found that a little funny
  • Options
    pargame wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    did people really think no one was going to max krooper? People have been spending insane amounts of cash on this game, another 1 or 2k shouldn't be a problem.

Actually I really thought no one would buy them. There should be a point where everyone would stop buy... obviously it is not $1k

No matter what the price, some people will buy some if they want it. There are people that have unlimited funds either due to their own success or their parents.

This goes back a long time, think about the days when you could buy virtual game items on eBay.

But there is a valid question about value and about a sustainable business model for their game. I can't imagine they'd actually have higher revenues at such insane prices.

Maybe they think they have 2 millions addicts, only 10% are willing pay anything so if they have keep upping the price on the 10% to increase revenue and will so until they reach the threshold when they do in fact decline.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I don't get why people buy everything. The enjoyment comes from earning, and progressing. If you buy everything immediately then what's the point of playing?

I've spent more than I initially planned myself, but I consider a healthy balance fine.
  • Options
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    Mvnson wrote: »

Let's dig a bit deeper on the DT.

The most useful stats, speed and protection come exclusively from gear, so adding stars does nothing for those. Adding stars has no effect on ability levels.

Spending $1000 will give your death trooper about 30% more offense, a little under 50% health (where he can easily have 40k protection and a ShT to hide behind) and a few % more crit (where his hardest hit is typically an auto crit)

That's all you get, nothing more. So, for every $100 you spend, you give DT 3% offense. 5% health and about 0.3% crit.

Of course you give Krennic some of the same, but at lower increments because he's squishier and already at 4*, not 3.

Oh, and I forgot you also get a credit heist 's worth of credits, more ability mats to add to the pile and like 25-30 shards for the shard shop.

WHAT A GREAT DEAL!

Yeah the big secret is that Krennic and Deathrooper, IMO, won't even end up Meta-defining when you do get them to 7*. Are they powerful toons, like Chaze? Sure, but they won't be undefeatable.

I was already doing well in Arena with my Zader led team with no DT or Krennic so its not like I needed them.

That said, I do want Deathtrooper and would have spent to 7* him (like I did Shoretrooper and still have zero regrets about) but not at 2999 crystals for 5 shards.

So I'm boycotting any spending now til I see changes from EA's pricing that would give me incentive to go back to spending.
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Do I think the packs are way overpriced for the little bit you get? Yes, they most certainly are overpriced. Would I ever buy them? Well that depends...id rather spend my money on something in the game that seems more worth it. With that being said...

I don't get the hate and negative comments about people who choose to spend their money and see comments such as "he must not have no life".

A single person working offshore can easily make 2500 or more a week. A rich kids family I'm sure also don't have a problem with allowing their kid to spend hundreds/thousands on a game either because they would rather see their kid safe at home doing something he/she likes vs being on the streets and getting into drugs.

Point is..if someone spends money like crazy on this game so what? It's their money. It's got nothing to do with you. If anything..the bashing comments makes some people come off as nothing but looking like a jealous person..which is actually a very unattractive human trait.

Get a life some people will say...my rebuttal is "Get a Ingame life".
  • Darth_Nihilus
    97 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    tenor.gif

I died looking at this lol