Incoming Changes to Vader Zeta!

Prev134
KParks1235
20 posts Member
edited February 2017
Since I imagine a lot of people only look here and not in the bug forum thought it was important to flag this here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/90495/tfp-steaing-tm#latest
Hiya!
It appears the bug you've mentioned is with Vaders ZETA leader ability, and *not* with the TIE Fighter Pilot. Two bugs have been flagged regarding this, and- barring any wacky unforeseen shenanigans- should be addressed in our upcoming update.

I'm fine with them fixing "bugs" but if they do so need to fix other issues with the Zeta, namely that some dmg doesn't trigger a check, most importantly Emperors end of turn unique dmg to rebels and jedi never removes tm (unless they are shocked).

Also, depending on how much this changes things assume we should and will get a refund just like what happened for the Barris "fix".
Post edited by KParks1235 on

Replies

• Options
    That is true, Emperor's Crackling Doom is failing to remove TM to Jedi and Rebels, this must be fixed.
  • Options
    ElleMadara wrote: »
    That is true, Emperor's Crackling Doom is failing to remove TM to Jedi and Rebels, this must be fixed.

Crackling Doom should not remove TM. This is WAI.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »

Crackling Doom should not remove TM. This is WAI.

How so?

Crackling Doom: At the end of each of his turns, Palpatine deals Special damage to all Shocked enemies and then deals Special damage to all Jedi and Rebel enemies. This damage can't defeat enemies.

Vader Lead: Empire and Sith allies gain 30% Offense and have a 50% chance to remove 20% Turn Meter when they damage an enemy. This Turn Meter removal can't be Resisted. While Darth Vader is alive, enemies immediately regain Damage Over Time for 2 turns whenever Damage Over Time expires on them.

Crackling Doom is clearly Palpatine dealing damage. Vader is clearly when Empire and Sith allies deal dmg.
  • Options
    IMO, Vader's zeta should exclude crackling doom, as his leader is already extremely good without that extra TM removal. Only the devs can answer whether this is truly working as intended, but OP is right that it is certainly not working as described.
  • Options
    I don't think Crackling Doom triggers Biggs either (and it can't kill people), so I think it doesn't get treated as damage done by EP.

That said, I'll wait to see how they fix the bug before complaining...
  • Options
    Obs0lete wrote: »
    IMO, Vader's zeta should exclude crackling doom, as his leader is already extremely good without that extra TM removal. Only the devs can answer whether this is truly working as intended, but OP is right that it is certainly not working as described.

Just like the Barris/Sthan unique will stunned.
    WAI but not WAD (described)
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    I don't think Crackling Doom triggers Biggs either (and it can't kill people), so I think it doesn't get treated as damage done by EP.

Crackling doom can trigger biggs if it crits, it's just not tagged as Empire_Damage in game. If it can trigger him to on a crit, it should be allowed to remove TM imo. Change one of the two.
  • Options

With that in mind, it sounds like there could be issues with coding crackling doom and how it affects other mechanics. This might get fixed right after stealth/Teebo ;)
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    If it removed TM from Jedi after every single turn that would be dumb as hell.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Due to the long farm time and drop rates for zeta, ANY changes to a zeta should also give a full refund of the zeta and related materials.

If after the change the person wants to put it back, then that's thier choice. But let's avoid the whole bait and switch. IMO

@CG_Kozispoon
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    On the other hand, TFP will also trigger dodge effects too on non-targeted enemies with his basic - Offense up under Dooku lead, TM gain under Old Ben lead, etc. This has also been submitted as a bug. Seems to do with the unique that looks at the debuffs on heroes to increase damage - ig88 has the same issue.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Crackling doom can trigger biggs if it crits, it's just not tagged as Empire_Damage in game. If it can trigger him to on a crit, it should be allowed to remove TM imo. Change one of the two.

I honestly didn't know Crackling Doom could crit, but that is a clear indication that it is counted as damage, just not as empire damage. That should be a bug, because it is in fact Emperor Palpatine doing the damage. It *should* always trigger Biggs, and under a Zader lead it should give a chance at TM reduction.

But yeah, I think @Obs0lete is probably right that that will be fixed right after they fix Teebo.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Mullato wrote: »

Agreed, they just need to make Crackling Doom not trigger Biggs when it crits. It doesn't give him 100% TM if it's a non crit because it's just in game as special_damage, but if it crits it gives Biggs 100% TM and that's out of the players control. Like you can choose not to attack Biggs, but can still get screwed by the crackling doom being a crit. If you attack him, then yeah you made the choice and let him gain TM on crits, but if you actually choose to avoid him and the crackling doom crits, that takes out strategy.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

It's a chance to remove not a guarantee. So he can damage all jedi but never remove tm.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options

Agreed, they just need to make Crackling Doom not trigger Biggs when it crits. It doesn't give him 100% TM if it's a non crit because it's just in game as special_damage, but if it crits it gives Biggs 100% TM and that's out of the players control. Like you can choose not to attack Biggs, but can still get screwed by the crackling doom being a crit. If you attack him, then yeah you made the choice and let him gain TM on crits, but if you actually choose to avoid him and the crackling doom crits, that takes out strategy.

I usually shock Biggs early in the fight, just to be sure. Wiggs combo going off every few turns is too dangerous to risk.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »

I usually shock Biggs early in the fight, just to be sure. Wiggs combo going off every few turns is too dangerous to risk.

Yeah, but you can't shock him with Tenacity Up, and sometimes theres still a taunt up when EP goes. If you shock the taunter and Biggs get crit from crackling doom, you shouldn't really be punished for that. If you make the choice to attack him directly, or AOE then yeah let his TM gain go off, but damage that you can't control at all shouldn't negatively impact you like that.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Due to the long farm time and drop rates for zeta, ANY changes to a zeta should also give a full refund of the zeta and related materials.

If after the change the person wants to put it back, then that's thier choice. But let's avoid the whole bait and switch. IMO

@CG_Kozispoon

I'd be fine with that, but there's a big difference from the Barriss case here; her change clearly made her zeta less powerful, while if Crackling Doom were to trigger TM removal under zeta Vader, that would only make the zeta even more powerful. Who would ever beg for a refund of materials in that case? One could make the argument that had they known that CD would be reprogrammed to trigger TM removal, they would have put their zeta on Vader over someone else. I know that I would in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    There are way more bugs that need to be adressed first.. That daze counter thing (affecting maul, k2so and whoever). Then an old 88 offense bug and ships. After that, the zetas should be exbugged
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

It's a chance to remove not a guarantee. So he can damage all jedi but never remove tm.

Yea but it can't be resisted and it's a 50% chance. That just makes using Jedi vs a Zader with palp an RNG death trap.

If that's the case then give my Jedi a unique that occurs every single turn that has a 50% chance to slap palp in the face. Remember there is a chance of palp not getting slapped in the face.
  • Options
    Why would you expect to get a refund over a bug fix? Did you grind a Zader for the bug or because of the what his zeta'd leader ability is supposed to be? You don't get refunds for bug fixes and no game I know of would do that unless the bug deletes items or currency. Downtime is a different story.
  • Options
    Why would you expect to get a refund over a bug fix? Did you grind a Zader for the bug or because of the what his zeta'd leader ability is supposed to be? You don't get refunds for bug fixes and no game I know of would do that unless the bug deletes items or currency. Downtime is a different story.

I see your argument and raise you a Zariss bugfix.
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options

Zariss was also a description change.
  • Options

I think it functions like Director Krennic's and Emporer Palpatine's leader ability, in which the bonus effect only works if they damage the enemy during their turn, so crackling doom wouldn't work that way
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »

I think it functions like Director Krennic's and Emporer Palpatine's leader ability, in which the bonus effect only works if they damage the enemy during their turn, so crackling doom wouldn't work that way

Except it will remove TM from shocked opponents.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    If this actually started working the way you want then just give me back my zetas from zQGJ. **** that.

Every zeta on my shard is Vader with a palp besides mine.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Zarriss was a wording problem, if you read it, and you saw it happen it was exactly as it explained other than it kept going after she died, which just wasn't even mentioned at all.
    Zader says directly "When an empire/sith ally damages an enemy" as in, if you're TFP and you're only damaging 1 person you shouldn't be removing TM from all 5 enemies. Zarriss was arguable either way, this is very much arguable by one side, not really the other.

I'm not saying they should refund Zetas, but just give the 20 Zetas back, and nothing else. We've already profited from it plenty.
  • Options
    Vader Lead: Empire and Sith allies gain 30% Offense and have a 50% chance to remove 20% Turn Meter when they damage an enemy. This Turn Meter removal can't be Resisted. While Darth Vader is alive, enemies immediately regain Damage Over Time for 2 turns whenever Damage Over Time expires on them.

Anything empire that deals damage has 50% chance to remove tm...period.

It's pretty specific...you cant just cherry pick stuff you dont like dude.

Otherwise ability would say...

Vader Lead: Empire and Sith allies gain 30% Offense and have a 50% chance to remove 20% Turn Meter when they damage an enemy. This Turn Meter removal can't be Resisted. While Darth Vader is alive, enemies immediately regain Damage Over Time for 2 turns whenever Damage Over Time expires on them. except palpatines crackling doom and power of the dark side and let the hate flow and tie fighter pilots TIE strike and grand moff tarkins ultimate firepower and deathpoopers deathpooper grenade and krennics deathpooper assault and general veers ruthless assault and magmapoopers line of fire and thermal imploder and snowpoopers overwhelming assault.

If AOE's were excluded the vader lead should read like the latter.

:o
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Allenb60 wrote: »

Except it will remove TM from shocked opponents.

Ya, that might be unintended though
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Zariss was also a description change.

This. Zarris was not working as the Devs wanted it to work. They had to change the description of her Zeta.