Options
    leef wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Mullato wrote: »
    DarthApok wrote: »
    If "Cracking doom" doesn't trigger Biggs unique then it's not Empire damage, therefore it can't trigger TM removal under Zader. That's either working as intended or it should be Empire damage and will trigger Biggs every turn.

Agreed it should be counted as empire damage. It should trigger Biggs unless he is shocked. But who doesn't shock Biggs first?

What's the point? When using Palp it would just give Biggs a soft buff and nerf to Jedi. How about just leave it as is.

Well, because it should work as intended and how the ability is written.

but what if that makes the zader palpi combo redicously OP (vs rebels and jedi)?

Well they can change the wording like they did with bariss to how ever they change it.

seems like a fair compromise @Mullato @RAYRAY

I mean, Sure. If they want to get in the business of changing descriptions because they can't code correctly I guess. So what we are saying is to change the Zeta description that says empire characters remove TM upon damaging enemies? (because that is exactly what palps unique does) Then in that case I would 100% support a Zeta refund a la barriss.
    kodias wrote: »
    A bonus aoe tm removal on every turn is absurd, crackling doom is already frustrating enough for Jedi and rebel squads. I think its WAI they just need to reword the description to make it so the tm removal only applies to basic and special attacks not passives.

Zader is already taking over the arenas if they make EPs passive remove tm it will be way to strong. If they want to do it that way then get rid of the Can't Be Resisted non sense. At least then they would have to stack potency and gear to properly take advantage of his lead ability.

They should make it so that it can be resisted then but then up the percentage to 80% change how Potency and Tenacity work. The enemy should have to stack tenacity to resist it. Specifically rebel scum.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    What a bunch of clowns.. Cant get anything right.. Everything is bugged and then they have the nerve to charge people 500 dollars for new 7* toons..

Unbelievable..
    Bad game management here
  • Options
    Cackling Doom is also able to process Stagger. I've used that in my tactics a few times.
  • JPBrunel
    821 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    So...
    Sorry if I'm late to the party, but what is this bug associated with the Vader zeta?
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    DarthApok wrote: »
    If "Cracking doom" doesn't trigger Biggs unique then it's not Empire damage, therefore it can't trigger TM removal under Zader. That's either working as intended or it should be Empire damage and will trigger Biggs every turn.

Agreed it should be counted as empire damage. It should trigger Biggs unless he is shocked. But who doesn't shock Biggs first?

What's the point? When using Palp it would just give Biggs a soft buff and nerf to Jedi. How about just leave it as is.

Well, because it should work as intended and how the ability is written.

but what if that makes the zader palpi combo redicously OP (vs rebels and jedi)?

Well they can change the wording like they did with bariss to how ever they change it.

seems like a fair compromise @Mullato @RAYRAY

I mean, Sure. If they want to get in the business of changing descriptions because they can't code correctly I guess. So what we are saying is to change the Zeta description that says empire characters remove TM upon damaging enemies? (because that is exactly what palps unique does) Then in that case I would 100% support a Zeta refund a la barriss.
    kodias wrote: »
    A bonus aoe tm removal on every turn is absurd, crackling doom is already frustrating enough for Jedi and rebel squads. I think its WAI they just need to reword the description to make it so the tm removal only applies to basic and special attacks not passives.

Zader is already taking over the arenas if they make EPs passive remove tm it will be way to strong. If they want to do it that way then get rid of the Can't Be Resisted non sense. At least then they would have to stack potency and gear to properly take advantage of his lead ability.

They should make it so that it can be resisted then but then up the percentage to 80% change how Potency and Tenacity work. The enemy should have to stack tenacity to resist it. Specifically rebel scum.

Doesn't it sound dumb for my entire team's TM to get reduced everytime Palp moves? They already get damaged, but TMR too? While he is busy using his basic on a random team member, my entire team would get punished. That's very game-changing IMO.
  • Options
    so are these tweaks gonna make Vader useless again or will it still be worth it to put my 1st zeta on him?
  • Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    I don't think Crackling Doom triggers Biggs either (and it can't kill people), so I think it doesn't get treated as damage done by EP.

That said, I'll wait to see how they fix the bug before complaining...

It does trigger biggs, just experienced in GW
  • Options
    jjkriv wrote: »
    so are these tweaks gonna make Vader useless again or will it still be worth it to put my 1st zeta on him?

It won't change raids at all
  • Options
    AndrewIss wrote: »
    I don't think Crackling Doom triggers Biggs either (and it can't kill people), so I think it doesn't get treated as damage done by EP.

No it doesn't. You might be talking about his heal move triggering Biggs.
  • Options

@Mullato
    Crackling doom CAN give Biggs 100% TM, but only if it is a Crit. Crackling doom isn't tagged as Empire damage, but it's still damage that can crit just like any other damage. If it crits and Biggs isn't shocked, Biggs will gain 100% TM.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

@Mullato
    Crackling doom CAN give Biggs 100% TM, but only if it is a Crit. Crackling doom isn't tagged as Empire damage, but it's still damage that can crit just like any other damage. If it crits and Biggs isn't shocked, Biggs will gain 100% TM.

Oh OK, never seen it CRIT.
  • Options

@Mullato

I don't really know what to tell you other than to watch more carefully? You've probably already shocked Biggs before it crits him anyways.
  • Options

@Mullato

Yes, that's what happened
  • Options

@Mullato

I don't really know what to tell you other than to watch more carefully? You've probably already shocked Biggs before it crits him anyways.

Not saying I don't believe you, but that's beside the point. All I'm saying is If it doesn't proc Biggs on a non-crit then it's not empire. So since it's not empire it also shouldn't TMR Jedi and rebels.
  • Options

@Mullato

Not saying I don't believe you, but that's beside the point. All I'm saying is If it doesn't proc Biggs on a non-crit then it's not empire. So since it's not empire it also shouldn't TMR Jedi and rebels.

So we found the source of the bug, but still a bug
  • Options

@Mullato

But what if that's WAI. Since it's technically not direct damage coming from an empire attack. It's just special damage coming from a passive.
  • Options
    Btw, if you want to fix how tfp basic removes tm from other targets fix also the fact his tm gain and foresight acquisition can be dodged, if you don't want to appear like a bunch of clowns
  • Options
    Not sure why people are making such a fuss about this. Not only will fixing the TFP bug pretty much cancel out the effect, but if you are letting Palpatine take multiple turns under a Vader lead you are probably not going to win that battle anyways. At least not if you are running rebels or Jedi anyways.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure why people are making such a fuss about this. Not only will fixing the TFP bug pretty much cancel out the effect, but if you are letting Palpatine take multiple turns under a Vader lead you are probably not going to win that battle anyways. At least not if you are running rebels or Jedi anyways.

What does that have to do with anything?
  • Options

@Mullato

But what if that's WAI. Since it's technically not direct damage coming from an empire attack. It's just special damage coming from a passive.

If it's WAI it's not DAI (DESCRIBED as intended).
    As such, I will need back all the resources I spent on Vader, EP, Biggs, Wedge
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

@Mullato

Did you not care half a year ago when palpatine first came out? Because it's been working the same way this whole time.
  • Options

@Mullato

Did you not care half a year ago when palpatine first came out? Because it's been working the same way this whole time.

Is this the last resort of defending an undefendable position?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

@Mullato

According to the swgoh.hh mechanics, Zader's lead (https://swgoh.gg/characters/darth-vader/ability/inspiring-through-fear) applies the -20% TM to enemies hit by "affiliation_empire" and "profession_sith" allies. It's not being hit by "empire_damage" or "sith_damage" (I don't think there is a sith damage tag I just made that one up), it's being damaged by an ally that is tagged as empire affiliated or a sith. That's why TFP and Shoretrooper are able to remove TM despite their damage not actually being tagged "empire_damage." So it doesn't actually need to be "empire_damage" to remove TM, although I'd agree I don't think the base rebel/jedi damage should give TM removal either, that's rather un-strategic. If they are shocked, thats a different story imo.

@Mullato

I think the special damage coming from the passive probably just isn't directly coming from EP, EXCEPT when he has them shocked, so that could be why it currently doesn't remove TM from jedi/rebels (which is probably a good thing). WAI? Maybe? Working as described? Not exactly, but we've already seen that wording and descriptions for a lot of skills are up for debate about what they really mean. The main bug with Zader's lead is removing TM from targets that aren't actually taking damage, I don't think EP will be changed if they fix that bug.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

@Mullato

I'm asking a legit question. I never seen anyone on the forums complaining that thier Palp's crackling doom was not triggering Biggs every turn.
  • Options

@Mullato

I'm asking a legit question. I never seen anyone on the forums complaining that thier Palp's crackling doom was not triggering Biggs every turn.

It's not legit because it has nothing to do about the matter under discussion: it is bugged, no matter the way you see it. It's a childish attempt to say I can't complain now because I didn't complain 6 months ago.
    I can complain whenever it fits me, be it because my palp is nerfed now or because my biggs has been nerfed for 6 months.
  • Options
    Why would you expect to get a refund over a bug fix? Did you grind a Zader for the bug or because of the what his zeta'd leader ability is supposed to be? You don't get refunds for bug fixes and no game I know of would do that unless the bug deletes items or currency. Downtime is a different story.

I see your argument and raise you a Zariss bugfix.

Zariss wasn't a big fix though. She was working the way they intended her to, it's just that they realized that they also didn't intend for people to create tanky teams that were incredibly difficult to beat in five minutes. They nerfed her
  • Options
    Why would you expect to get a refund over a bug fix? Did you grind a Zader for the bug or because of the what his zeta'd leader ability is supposed to be? You don't get refunds for bug fixes and no game I know of would do that unless the bug deletes items or currency. Downtime is a different story.

I see your argument and raise you a Zariss bugfix.

Zariss wasn't a big fix though. She was working the way they intended her to, it's just that they realized that they also didn't intend for people to create tanky teams that were incredibly difficult to beat in five minutes. They nerfed her

She wasn't WAI, all other unique skills stopped working when the toon died (see daka). A few may have kept working after death, but that's just another bug.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

@Mullato

It's not legit because it has nothing to do about the matter under discussion: it is bugged, no matter the way you see it. It's a childish attempt to say I can't complain now because I didn't complain 6 months ago.
    I can complain whenever it fits me, be it because my palp is nerfed now or because my biggs has been nerfed for 6 months.

It is childish to complain about something 6 months after you've been using it because suddenly you want it to do more.
  • Options

Also is it true that it only functions during the turn of the empire/sith ally? Can TFP remove TM if he counters via retribution? Anyone fight any Zader GK teams?

Sorry to backtrack so much but don't most characters use up their entire TM to attack? How would TFP remove TM on a counter when the attacker has 0 TM?
    Only exceptions I can think of is TM gaining leaders like Wedge.
  • Options
    Lol just wait til the devs announce the bug I found. Won't even hear about it until you see the patch and you will be like seriously. They let that make its way into the game?