Now everybody can quit crying about 2999 crystal packs

3 months to get your new toons farmable. Are you guys happy now? As soon as you can start farming them, the whales will be on to the next meta.

Replies

• Options
    While I still very much hope they'll reconsider the cost structure of these packs and what's in them... I am honestly outright impressed with @CG_TopHat . A big reason devs don't make release schedules public is because the second things go awry or deviate, the community freaks out. Committing to a release cadence publicly is a bold move.

This feels like a sign of trust. So with that in mind it is something I want to support as a member of the community. So CG, Even if you keep these ludicrous prices, I still appreciate Mr. Top Hat's actions.
  • Options
    I think it's pretty awesome actually. Now we can get back to the important things, like crying about gear grinds and drop rates and not having Jar Jar
  • Options
    Mike1980 wrote: »
    3 months to get your new toons farmable. Are you guys happy now? As soon as you can start farming them, the whales will be on to the next meta.

But they won't get to use them when they have their amazing "bugs".
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    I'm just glad we know when they'll be available now. I was afraid it would be half a year+ like Shore before we ever saw them on the board.
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »

But they won't get to use them when they have their amazing "bugs".

The cycle continues
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    You do realize it's more then likely that the packs will remain at that price durring the first period the toon is released to the "appropriate pack" as he put it....
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    You do realize it's more then likely that the packs will remain at that price durring the first period the toon is released to the "appropriate pack" as he put it....

Uh yeah... if you don't want to wait 3 months then you can pay a premium. Does that still upset you?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Uh yeah... if you don't want to wait 3 months then you can pay a premium. Does that still upset you?

I was not upset at the price at all. I'm a decent gambler, I know when things get too rich for my blood. I just don't want people to get there hopes up and then get all worked up when they see the same structure.
  • Options

I was not upset at the price at all. I'm a decent gambler, I know when things get too rich for my blood. I just don't want people to get there hopes up and then get all worked up when they see the same structure.

Then they can keep crying about the price or the 3 month wait... you can never make some people happy. If they still want to cry about it then so be it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Then they can keep crying about the price or the 3 month wait... you can never make some people happy. If they still want to cry about it then so be it

I know, but so much saltiness on the forum all the time, just thinking maybe we can make things a little better. I'm just trying to keep people grounded and make sure people are not surprised.
  • Options

I know, but so much saltiness on the forum all the time, just thinking maybe we can make things a little better. I'm just trying to keep people grounded and make sure people are not surprised.

Honestly without the saltiness the forums would get boring to read. I wouldn't spend nearly as much time reading these threads.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Honestly without the saltiness the forums would get boring to read. I wouldn't spend nearly as much time reading these threads.

Too true.
  • Options

Sorry, what did I miss? Are the new toons becoming farmable? Which ones? When did they say that? I'm lost lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Options

Sorry, what did I miss? Are the new toons becoming farmable? Which ones? When did they say that? I'm lost lol

@Darth_Amarth

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/91791/character-release-cadence#latest
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    That price point is still rediculous

Edit: I am super happy to see some sort of release schedule for new toons
  • Options

@Darth_Amarth

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/91791/character-release-cadence#latest

Thank you very much!
  • Options

Only the vwhales not involved in the agreement not to buy which is many of the whale guilds