How good is ig100?

I am farming him and currently have him at 3 star. But want to know if he is worth the effort. Because I could just farm ig86 and speed up his progression.
Don't comment please if you don't have him at a high level (60+) or gear and minum 4*

Replies

• Options
    I am farming him and currently have him at 3 star. But want to know if he is worth the effort. Because I could just farm ig86 and speed up his progression.
    Don't comment please if you don't have him at a high level (60+) or gear and minum 4*

I have him at 5* Level 60 with gear level 7. His abilities are quite interesting but honestly he is just plain bad. 7000 range health, 87 speed and his abilities hardly ever proc due to his low potency (5%). He could potentially be useful if he is nerfed in the future but currently I would say spend your time farming IG86 or IG88 if you are after droids.
  • Options

I have him at 5* Level 60 with gear level 7. His abilities are quite interesting but honestly he is just plain bad. 7000 range health, 87 speed and his abilities hardly ever proc due to his low potency (5%). He could potentially be useful if he is nerfed in the future but currently I would say spend your time farming IG86 or IG88 if you are after droids.

I feel he just needs speed and potency. Because his special takes turn meter so why does he go after everyone else. Don't make him 1st maybe 2nd to be fair. Or make him go 1st but keep the bad potency.
  • Options
    He has no place on a droid squad. Stop farming him.
  • Options
    He's garbage all around, find someone else. If you're going droid squad you can go hk47, ig-88, ig-86, poggle, poe or you can swap hk for gs for geonosian synergy: poggle, gs, poe, ig-88, ig86. Poe is pretty much a requirement for these teams though because 86 and 88 can be taken down fast without his taunt and tm protection to allow your droids to go first.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options

I feel he just needs speed and potency. Because his special takes turn meter so why does he go after everyone else. Don't make him 1st maybe 2nd to be fair. Or make him go 1st but keep the bad potency.

Definitely needs a speed boost. Nothing crazy but a push into the low 100's maybe. And definitely needs more potency. What's the point in having the ability to reduce turn meter or offense down if they never proc!
  • Options
    Darthbinks wrote: »

I wouldn't say that.
    He's alright, not as bad as many forum members would say. There are definitely better toons to fill the slot, but he's the only option if you want as many droids as possible.
    You will find that during levelling up he will be classed as meh for a long time, but he does get there. He becomes a solid member of the squad taking enough hits to survive to his turn, his aoe drops the enemies turn meter down and his crit rate is almost reliable which helps when HK is leader. He comes to his own when confronted by Jedi.
    I do have him maxed at lv67 right now, so my spectacles are abit rose tinted. Later, when the lv cap rises he will gain a counterattack buff.
    http://www.swgohcantina.com/ig-100-magnaguard/
    I would say experiment and have fun. It's a game. I did and I have :smile:

I run all four droids and Talia. I'm in the top 10 on my server. My defence is rubbish, but offence is fun, I do find im relying on RNG for performance, which is the why 4 droids kinda works as they synergize well.

Hope that helps.

P.s. he's Not amazing, just not rubbish.
  • Options
    Put him as your leader
  • Options
    IG1066 wrote: »
    Darthbinks wrote: »

I wouldn't say that.
    He's alright, not as bad as many forum members would say. There are definitely better toons to fill the slot, but he's the only option if you want as many droids as possible.
    You will find that during levelling up he will be classed as meh for a long time, but he does get there. He becomes a solid member of the squad taking enough hits to survive to his turn, his aoe drops the enemies turn meter down and his crit rate is almost reliable which helps when HK is leader. He comes to his own when confronted by Jedi.
    I do have him maxed at lv67 right now, so my spectacles are abit rose tinted. Later, when the lv cap rises he will gain a counterattack buff.
    http://www.swgohcantina.com/ig-100-magnaguard/
    I would say experiment and have fun. It's a game. I did and I have :smile:

I run all four droids and Talia. I'm in the top 10 on my server. My defence is rubbish, but offence is fun, I do find im relying on RNG for performance, which is the why 4 droids kinda works as they synergize well.

Hope that helps.

P.s. he's Not amazing, just not rubbish.

@IG1066 can you post a few screenshots of him attacking?
  • Options
    I have him 5* in a droid squad. He's great when going against Jedi, but he pops out of my squad beyond that. Ultimately I could have spent the time and resources on a more well rounded character. Poe is a must-have for droid teams. Daka works well with them, also. Poggle obviously needs to be there, too.