How's zMaul?

Prev1
Hey guys!! Coming up on my first Zeta in the coming weeks and trying to figure out who I should build and who to Zeta. Specifically, I'm looking for a way to beat the numerous Zaders that are sure to show up, and I wanted to know if zMaul would be a good option.

Right now, I have Chaze, Wiggs, EP, and Fac built up very seriously. I am planning on working up Vader and Boba eventually as well, but obviously a ways off from GK.

What is a good comp for zMaul? Does it perform well in arena? And how does it do against Zaders? Thanks y'all!

Replies

• Options
    He performs amazingly in arena, but I definitely would wait to see Nihilus and these new 2 characters abilities
  • Options
    Instead of zMaul you can use Zaul
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Rank 1 daily atm with Zaul, EP, Vader, boba and B2.

Drop to 5-9 nightly. Rarely need to use more than my free 5 battles.

My opponents are shifting to THREE cleansers, however and it's a pain. Chirruit, Rex AND Kenobi. Boba has to get pretty lucky right now haha. I REALLY want to make room for my upcoming Kylo but these guys aren't playing ball.

Looking forward to my 3 star Nihhilius whatever his name is.
  • Options
    How fast is your Palp?
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    212 EP, 232 boba, 189 Maul, 197 Vader.

They get the 20% tm boost tho at start. EP always goes first, with the exception of one doods TFP when he shows up... but my top ten is dominated by Chirbaze/Wiggs/Kenobi/Boba so TFP just isn't to hot w/out Zader.

There's a team Instinct Quiggles/Kenobi zeta Jedi team but Maul just eats Jedi for breakfeast.

There's a 50k power (yes thats right) Krennic/Deathtrooper team but they havn't been much trouble. Enemy Boba's that kill my boba are my biggest threat. Sith are whack a mole so they survive hella long... Vader insta crit culling blade is not to be ignored.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Noktarn wrote: »

They get the 20% tm boost tho at start. EP always goes first, with the exception of one doods TFP when he shows up... but my top ten is dominated by Chirbaze/Wiggs/Kenobi so TFP just isn't to hot w/out Zader.

There's a team Instinct Quiggles/Kenobi zeta Jedi team but Maul just eats Jedi for breakfeast.

Yea Palp first turn would be 265. Nice comp, I run zQGJ on a shard filled with Zaders. I'm not too excited for when teams like yours start popping up lol. Just gotta keep my Yoda faster than the Palp.
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The team instinct Jedi team does get to go first (Yoda, tenacity, ect)... but I just B2 all the stuff away and get back on track. Usually have to waste someone's AOE to clean foresight.. but Maul just needs to AOE daze and kill the squishy Yoda for free turns.

I'm really hoping Nihlly will allow Sith to remove buffs =p

• Options
    I run Zaul palp b2 chaze, it's amazing. Usually don't drop overnight. Haven't been out of top 10 since I did the zeta. Not great in raids, but excellent in arena
  • Options
    It's Zaul. That is all. >:)
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Have Zaul, don't run him because I don't have the right Dark Side at comparable level, but I will say, his leadership is awesome.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Zaul lead, ep, vader, boba and b2 is where its at. Im on a og shard from the start and have no problem reaching first.
  • Options
    Zaul lead, ep, vader, boba and b2 is where its at. Im on a og shard from the start and have no problem reaching first.

Who would you bench for maxed Zeta Kylo? I like the idea of forcing them to hit him for the mad buffs and DPS. My guess would be Vader, but that sweet sweet crit culling blade would have to go.
  • Options

Yeah there's a couple on mine as well, the key is a fast Boba. Mean, MEAN team.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    i am one zeta and 2 omegas from getting his leader maxed
    thinking maul, palp, boba, chaze.
    maul 142 if needed i can switch his mods with tfp and get him to 187
    palp 194
    boba 205
    chirrut 207
    baze 139
    all g11
    think that will be good?
    vader is 177 but i heard hes not that good under maul. sid is g9, 187 only and i think he needs a Z too to be arena ready

currently run rex as lead and the rest are the same palp boba chaze
    worth changing, thoughts?
  • Options
    Just wanted to pop in and say it's Zaul sorry:)
  • Options
    Imagine the old cancer dodge meta, add a teebo lead, a dash of shore trooper and anakin and you get a Zaul
  • Options
    I understand the weird tendency to just sub the first letter with Z but I like the aesthetics of zCharacter much better and it allows me to avoid Zoba, the ugliest of the z's.

I suppose my question then is, is zMaul viable without Vader? I'm planning on Maul - EP - Chaze and a fifth, maybe Boba or B2. There is a lot of Zader and EP-led Empire on my shard. Does Maul respond well to that?
  • Options

Who would you bench for maxed Zeta Kylo? I like the idea of forcing them to hit him for the mad buffs and DPS. My guess would be Vader, but that sweet sweet crit culling blade would have to go.

Yeah I would unfortunately think it would have to be vader
  • Options

It's Zylo. That is all. :p

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    I understand the weird tendency to just sub the first letter with Z but I like the aesthetics of zCharacter much better and it allows me to avoid Zoba, the ugliest of the z's.

I suppose my question then is, is zMaul viable without Vader? I'm planning on Maul - EP - Chaze and a fifth, maybe Boba or B2. There is a lot of Zader and EP-led Empire on my shard. Does Maul respond well to that?

Yo. I run zMaul palp chaze and b2. It is VERY effective against zader and EP led teams. Only issue is sometimes, the opening stun just doesn't land on anybody or 1 person. Most of the time it's a few, and it cripples their squad before they move. Love having other teams be at the mercy of my palp stun rng
  • Options
    Yes! Thank you for using zMaul! So much better than Zaul, looks ridiculous and it's not witty at all.
  • Options

I have seen a maxed out zaul lead with ep boba and chaze work extremely well. As long as EP is fast enough to go first and drop that stun you're good to go.
    Yes! Thank you for using zMaul! So much better than Zaul, looks ridiculous and it's not witty at all.

Each to their own but the majority of forum uses have settled on Zaul, Zylo and Zoba etc. Just pointing it out:)
    And Zui Gon Jin (ZGJ) sounds dope AF
  • Options

They get the 20% tm boost tho at start. EP always goes first, with the exception of one doods TFP when he shows up... but my top ten is dominated by Chirbaze/Wiggs/Kenobi/Boba so TFP just isn't to hot w/out Zader.

There's a 50k power (yes thats right) Krennic/Deathtrooper team but they havn't been much trouble. Enemy Boba's that kill my boba are my biggest threat. Sith are whack a mole so they survive hella long... Vader insta crit culling blade is not to be ignored.

Could you give a link about your EP in SWGOH? I want to know how much potency and speed does he need.
    There are tons of fast TFP having speed at around 270 in my shard so i have to guarantee my EP goes first.
    Cheers!
  • Options
    EikasCurry wrote: »

Could you give a link about your EP in SWGOH? I want to know how much potency and speed does he need.
    There are tons of fast TFP having speed at around 270 in my shard so i have to guarantee my EP goes first.
    Cheers!

I second this motion. Would really love to know how much speed you need for EP to go first with the zMaul head start vs other toons (specifically TFP...)

Also, mods for Maul? I assume he and EP want jacked-up speed and potency, but are they also supposed to be the damage dealers?
  • Options

The Maul-EP combo has a ton of options and if you have enough characters it allows you to play matchups too. I was having fun in GW using Maul-EP-Vader-Sidious-Boba. I purposely made Boba slow so he got to use his execute right off the bat.

Deathtrooper is also great. After Maul gives everyone Daze his basic will stun them. Between stuns, Daze, and cooldown increase a lot of the opposing team will never get to use an ability.
  • Options

Cheers!

I second this motion. Would really love to know how much speed you need for EP to go first with the zMaul head start vs other toons (specifically TFP...)

Also, mods for Maul? I assume he and EP want jacked-up speed and potency, but are they also supposed to be the damage dealers?

Multiply palps speed x1.25
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »

Cheers!

1.2*
  • Options
    Peempo wrote: »
    Mullato wrote: »

Cheers!

1.2*

1.25*
  • Options
    It's a 20% tm boost...l2math
  • Options
    If it's based on the 20% turn meter thing 1.2 makes sense....... anyhow this sounds like it'll work. Where does the DPS come from, though? It seems like the point is that the other three toons are just there to protect the sith.. are they enough to take a team out? Do they need to be modded for damage?