P1 teams? We're desperate.

Prev1
TL;DR - what are teams other than Jedi that my guild can supplement its p1 damage with?

Yo yo yo! Today my guild is attempting its first heroic tank raid, and we're chugging along nicely. We're sitting around 30% on Phase 1, and, while we're set to continue making progress, I'm thinking it would be a good idea for our spare teams to be put to use here instead of at the end.

That said, most of the people in my guild are building their Jedi to do whatever damage they can to get us through the phase; we're fairly confident we can take down the rest of the raid once we're through.

My question: are there any other character arrangements y'all use in P1 that we can supplement our damage with? Strategies and videos very welcome.

(And a side question—Aayla, IGD, or zQGJ leader?)

Replies

• Options
    If you're struggling with P1, I don't think you stand a chance. P1 is cake compared to the rest of the raid.
    Aayla is the best P1 leader, followed by either IGD, or Yoda (whichever is better on your team).
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, p1 was the phase that gave u hope... p2 crushed ur dreams.. p3 tears your heart out... p4... well, back to hope
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Aayla, zQGJ, or jka
    Post edited by Mullato on
  • Options
    We are much more prepared for the other phases :) many of our guild members were already using droids, Rebels, and even some clones. In response to the theory-crafting a large group of us also built Chirpatine and tanks.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Be sure to keep us updated. I for one would love to hear how u progress
  • Options
    It's weird that p1 is considered the easiest yet has the lowest scores..lots of resources have to go in to teams that significantly do less overall
  • Options
    JKA, Aayla, IGD, Yoda, QGJ and Ahsoka are your friends. Some people say that Anakin is the best lead, while others say Aayla. But it's between those two. IGD is close too.
  • Options
    I utilize igd to make up for lack of mods...with good rng all your Jedi will counter grievous and can get you 2-300k..they all need to be at least gear 10 though.
  • Options
    Not sure about squads other than Jedi without using premium toons.
    But aayla lead for sure!!
    Try to get jka to proc as much as possible.
    Tanky Jedi teams works very well with Zarris
    Aayla/jka/Zarris/windu(dispell)/ima(massive damage against droids)
    Stack as much health mods as possible and you can nearly get enraged on.
    Zarris+ Jedi raid buff allows this tanky team to stay alive for a long time; and jka should proc many times in the process. Make sure to count to 7!!
  • Options
    I think there was a vid of people using teebo to reduce TM when GG gets 7th hit then remove his buff next turn?

Not sure though you'd have to look it up as I don't remember it that well, my apologies :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Zipped wrote: »
    I think there was a vid of people using teebo to reduce TM when GG gets 7th hit then remove his buff next turn?

Not sure though you'd have to look it up as I don't remember it that well, my apologies :)

Yes you can also use qgj in hopes of the same effect.
  • Options
    Essej wrote: »
    It's weird that p1 is considered the easiest yet has the lowest scores..lots of resources have to go in to teams that significantly do less overall
    It's the easiest because any team can get 2%. It's like 80k damage, which is nothing.
  • Options
    Stick Kylo on your Jedi team. His damage will be similar to JKA's
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    smart guild. Investing in P1 characters won't improve your rank xD
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Everyone can do easily 2% in p1.
    All you need is a strong JKA and a weak jedi team basically.
  • Options
    Jedis are optimal for phase 1 because you don't want to waste your droids, Resistance, Clones, Rebels, and/or Empire teams in phase 1.

If your guild has problems clearing phase 1 for Jedis, then it doesn't bode well for the rest of the raid.

My advice is everyone build up mediocre Jedi teams and you should all be able to do 2% damage with that in phase 1.
  • Options
    Update for y'all - we got through phase 1 lickety-split! As I was saying, we were pretty certain we would be able to clear the phase successfully, but some of our members who don't want to build Jedi could still help by having alternate teams to supplement their damage :)

On to droids! General Kenobi, here we come!
  • Options
    Good luck and keep us updated.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Nice... p2 is a huge milestone.. hope u make it!
  • Options
    B2 works well in p1.
  • Options
    Great job! Please keep us updated and good luck!
  • Options
    Been thinking about adding B2 actually! Honestly the biggest difference I'm noticing is the pesky ability block being a huge pain. It's much harder to maneuver around Tactical Advantage or whatever; B2 would probably help.

I've also been thinking about using zQGJ-led Jedi in P2/4 also. Lots of foresight, guaranteed you will have buffs when the air strike comes. Would ease things up on our few droid and clone squads.
  • Options
    Been thinking about adding B2 actually! Honestly the biggest difference I'm noticing is the pesky ability block being a huge pain. It's much harder to maneuver around Tactical Advantage or whatever; B2 would probably help.

I've also been thinking about using zQGJ-led Jedi in P2/4 also. Lots of foresight, guaranteed you will have buffs when the air strike comes. Would ease things up on our few droid and clone squads.
    Not enough TM gain in a Jedi squad to do anything in those phases.
  • Options

Not enough TM gain in a Jedi squad to do anything in those phases.

That's fair. Wouldn't do droid/clone/rebel damage for sure, but if we can get through p1 with alternate teams and Jedi, and since we don't have quite as many droid squads as we'd like, the foresight alone would probably get me to enrage.
  • Options

With my zQGJ I can get about 600k in p2, haven't tried p4 yet. I'm sure others with better rng and mods can get alot higher.
  • Options
    To be honest my guild just finished our first haat this morning.

P1 we had 25 people who did 4% on average each.

The rest of the raid was pretty easy other than p3 where we needed to through in trash teams to get through.
  • Options
    I think p4 would be harder just bc of the B2's. No AoE for Jedi and the B2's stay during topple.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I think p4 would be harder just bc of the B2's. No AoE for Jedi and the B2's stay during topple.

Nah p4 is easier. I have a guildie who did more than me on p4 than my p2. I also seen a vid of a zQGJ doing 900k in p4.
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »

Nah p4 is easier. I have a guildie who did more than me on p4 than my p2. I also seen a vid of a zQGJ doing 900k in p4.

Do the turrets/main gun have less health in p4? Just curious, my guild didn't make it to p4 when we tried heroic a week or two ago.
  • Options
    Interesting. I think we'll end up having more Rebel squads for p4 than droid squads for P2 though. So either way I think my damage is better used there. Will keep that in mind for the future when we can spread our damage a lil better :)