2Next

Replies

• Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Mullato wrote: »
    I think p4 would be harder just bc of the B2's. No AoE for Jedi and the B2's stay during topple.

Nah p4 is easier. I have a guildie who did more than me on p4 than my p2. I also seen a vid of a zQGJ doing 900k in p4.

Do the turrets/main gun have less health in p4? Just curious, my guild didn't make it to p4 when we tried heroic a week or two ago.

Tbh I'm not sure lol. I usually miss p4.
    Interesting. I think we'll end up having more Rebel squads for p4 than droid squads for P2 though. So either way I think my damage is better used there. Will keep that in mind for the future when we can spread our damage a lil better :)

For sure lol, p2 is prolly the hardest. Since p4 is the last phase, if you run out of juice you can Zerg it without worrying about running out of resources.

Since I don't have droids, clones, Zader, or zfinn I use hodpodge team for p1, zQGJ for p2, palp tfp for p3, and rebels p4.
  • Options
    Interesting. I think we'll end up having more Rebel squads for p4 than droid squads for P2 though. So either way I think my damage is better used there. Will keep that in mind for the future when we can spread our damage a lil better :)

P4 will go down easy if u have enough wiggs / lando squads left over.

As for P1, I would recommend that u have those members with JKA and QGJ already maxed work on other Jedis for about 2 weeks. Probably be enough to clear phase 1 then without any trouble. U don't want to extra teams in phase 1. You will need them phase 2 probably.

Phase 2 has almost double health of any other phase.
  • Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    Yeah, p1 was the phase that gave u hope... p2 crushed ur dreams.. p3 tears your heart out... p4... well, back to hope

Lol
  • Options
    I personally go Anakin Lead in p1 and I am more than satisfied with the damage output.

The squad is= Anakin lead, IGD, QGJ, Aayla and Old Ben. (Ahsoka is not geared yet:))
  • Options
    Been thinking about adding B2 actually! Honestly the biggest difference I'm noticing is the pesky ability block being a huge pain. It's much harder to maneuver around Tactical Advantage or whatever; B2 would probably help.

I've also been thinking about using zQGJ-led Jedi in P2/4 also. Lots of foresight, guaranteed you will have buffs when the air strike comes. Would ease things up on our few droid and clone squads.

Foresight doesn't count as a buff when the airstike comes and it'll murder you if foresight is your only buff. zQGJ really isn't great for the raid, at least in my opinion. I think your best bet is to use Anakin lead with yoda and three other Jedi attackers. Use yoda to throw tenacity up right before the plane hits.
  • Options
    Been thinking about adding B2 actually! Honestly the biggest difference I'm noticing is the pesky ability block being a huge pain. It's much harder to maneuver around Tactical Advantage or whatever; B2 would probably help.

I've also been thinking about using zQGJ-led Jedi in P2/4 also. Lots of foresight, guaranteed you will have buffs when the air strike comes. Would ease things up on our few droid and clone squads.

Foresight doesn't count as a buff when the airstike comes and it'll murder you if foresight is your only buff. zQGJ really isn't great for the raid, at least in my opinion. I think your best bet is to use Anakin lead with yoda and three other Jedi attackers. Use yoda to throw tenacity up right before the plane hits.

The goal in p4 with Jedi is not to topple.
  • Options

How so?
  • Options
    Guy in my guild does serious damage in p4 without toppling. Let one side cannon live.
    B2's will not reappear, no airstrike.

I wonder how OP is doing.
    Having droid teams is one thing. Having enough strong droid teams for p2 is something entirely different.
  • Options
    A lot of people Use JKA leads after the rework. Teams don't much dmg but P1 has the least hps by far.

P2/P4 turrets have the same hps from what I have experienced. The main difference, besides the B2s and AOE, is the turrent TM after topples.
  • Options

How so?

You just knock out the b2s and 2 guns then smash on the tank till a gun pops back up kill it repeat.
  • Options

How so?

You just knock out the b2s and 2 guns then smash on the tank till a gun pops back up kill it repeat.

Yeah but why do you choose to do that instead of topple it? Is the health on the turrets that much?
  • Options

How so?

Yeah but why do you choose to do that instead of topple it? Is the health on the turrets that much?

You can do decent damage, without risk.
    Toppling is risky if you depend on some buff that might expire if you apply it too soon.

Tried it with clones once (rex's squad discipline). Did not end well.
  • Options

How so?

So you don't have to worry about the b2s popping back up, or the airstrike. Once you topple with Jedi they don't really have that burst damage so the trade off isn't worth it. And by the time you come out of a topple you won't have foresight anymore. By keeping 1 gun alive you can alternate killing the guns and keep regaining foresight.
  • Options

How so?

If you have a strong team it's better to topple for the bonuses and free hits.

If you have a weak team then you use the "no topple" strat so you spend more time doing hull dmg instead of taking a long time to take down the B2s and turrents.

• JeerCScaas
    186 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Be prepared, it's a hell of a fight.
    I'm now using in P1 HAAT :
    Bobba lead, Kylo, Aayla, JKA and Ashoka.
    Made 340K at my best and lacking omegas, no zetas.
    Edit, I'd consider put B2 instead of Aayla if I had him.
    P2 and P4 are more or less the same. Depending on RNG you can get the same damages from rebels, droids or clones.
  • Options
    I think p4 would be harder just bc of the B2's. No AoE for Jedi and the B2's stay during topple.

Nah p4 is easier. I have a guildie who did more than me on p4 than my p2. I also seen a vid of a zQGJ doing 900k in p4.

Do the turrets/main gun have less health in p4? Just curious, my guild didn't make it to p4 when we tried heroic a week or two ago.

The turrets have about the same health.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    duracell09 wrote: »

The reason P4 is easier for most guilds is that the tank doesn't get a free turn after a topple. With high dps squads like rebels or clones, you can take the tank down without letting it go again every time..
  • Options
    Funny my guild thought we had it in the bag after p1. Then came p2 :(
  • Options
    update?
  • Options
    In p1 you can use Jawas if you have them (minus JE and Nebit). Sub in Thugnaught and a dispeller. You should be able to clear your 2% easily, probably closer to 5-7%.

If you have Jedis, you can use them in any phaser. They can do 3-5% in p2 and in p4 if someone needs to substitue squads.
  • Options
    The update is that our droids didn't do nearly as much damage per squad as we thought they would. Back to the grind!
  • Options
    The update is that our droids didn't do nearly as much damage per squad as we thought they would. Back to the grind!

That's where we were at after our first heroic attempt as well. Phase 2 Normal unfairly sets expectations for Phase 2 heroic.

• Options

It gets everyone. Don't be stuck on the idea that you have to use droids, or chirpatine, etc.

p1- jedi, jawas, thugnaught, etc. Really any squad you can use to get to 2%. WHich isn't hard just keep attacking GG with heavy hitters.

p2 - Droids, Clones, Zeta Finn resitance team, Zader with Shaman and DoT teams

p3 - Chirpatine and Zader

p4 - Clones, Rebels, Jedis and whatever else you got.

If you don't think you can get your 2% reset and try again. Maybe a different squad. I have used all these or someone in my guild has and done their damage needed. Mods are the real key, move them around if you need per phase. It will cost you about 1 GW worth of credits or less but the reward is worth it for the finishing the raid.
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    duracell09 wrote: »

The reason P4 is easier for most guilds is that the tank doesn't get a free turn after a topple. With high dps squads like rebels or clones, you can take the tank down without letting it go again every time..

Ah, ok, I forgot that the tank doesn't get to go right away after the topple in p4. (I'm usually asleep when p4 starts and finishes for our normal tank raids so I haven't hit p4 in a while)
  • Options
    Very Similar to the progress my guild had to make, made it to Phase 2 the first time and phase 3 the 2nd time, after 2 more attempts we tightened up in a few spots and now we can finish no problem, in fact we finish pretty fast now that everyone knows what they have to have/do/achieve in the Raid.

Keep plugging away, you will get there!

O
  • Options

Atleast now you know what needs work. How much % did you have left in p2? I'm sure you will get it next time.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    the normal tier made us overconfident aswell. Needless to say we failed the first 4 heroic attempts ;)
    in hindsight i'm kinda glad we kept on trying, eventhough we didn't clear it, it gave valuable info on what to expect and where more teams were needed. Normal tier was all about pumping out as much damage as possible before you hit enrage, heroic you just die quickly xD
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    practice with heroic is almost more important than team building. we failed it at Christmas, and we're already down to clearing the whole thing in 2.5 hours.

figuring out when to restart because of bad RNG is really hard when you are first trying it out. and for your original question, P1 other good options are Maul, Kylo and zeta rey (though nobody wastes zeta on her) because if you can stagger the B2 you're much better off
  • Options
    Don't forget to ensure you have the right mods on your teams! My droids team is G11 and does 600-800k, but my guildmate has on his droids and can do twice as much damage as me. Don't be afraid to swap mods around.