Raid Reward Gear

Does anyone know how the raid gear reward is determined? I've been rewarded the Mk 6 Nubian Design Tech salvage piece the last 4 raids. It's getting ridiculous. I have over 400 of them. No one needs these in my guild, I can't even give them away. Can I at least get something I can use? Is the goal to make players buy the good raid gear w/ crystals? If that's the case, don't call it raid gear anymore. Call it whale gear.

Replies

• Options
    It scans your inventory and gives you gear you will never use...or so it seems that way.
  • Options
    It should be random although I've also had similar streaks of getting the same gear but have not accumulated that much ever since I always need it :D Recently I get pretty diverse gear from the Rancor but I was really **** today with my normal Tank rewards - electrobinoculars which are in challenges and have over 1,5k of them...but sure why not give out something that is really needed :D
  • Options
    It'd be nice if they would bring back the option to sell unnecessary gear like we had when the game first started.
  • Options
    Welcome to the Tin Foil Hat Club! It does seem highly suspect. A lot of players have noticed they receive the same raid gear time after time, myself included. While I'm grateful I'm getting Nubian discs, when you look at the wide array of stuff I could be getting, it does not add up mathematically. I've received the gold eyeballs (which I have over 500 of already) for past 4 heroic AAT raids. As algorithm based as this game is, I'm having trouble chalking it up to coincidence.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Noval749 wrote: »
    It'd be nice if they would bring back the option to sell unnecessary gear like we had when the game first started.

I remember that. It was nice to be able to get credits for things you didn't need.
  • Options
    Try placing much lower/higher in the rancor. I've gotten my mkV fusion furnaces fully crafted when I've done 0 damage... I'll put on my tin foil hat now.
  • Options
    ztc258 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the raid gear reward is determined? I've been rewarded the Mk 6 Nubian Design Tech salvage piece the last 4 raids. It's getting ridiculous. I have over 400 of them. No one needs these in my guild, I can't even give them away. Can I at least get something I can use? Is the goal to make players buy the good raid gear w/ crystals? If that's the case, don't call it raid gear anymore. Call it whale gear.

Worst part about the Design Techs is that characters don't need them until they're at least gear 9, but the bottleneck is usually at gear 8...
  • Options
    I think the devs read my post. Just got discs again :)
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    I have over 400 of Nubian, furnace and scanner salvage.

I have zero droid caller salvage. It is frustrating.
  • Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    I have over 400 of Nubian, furnace and scanner salvage.

I have zero droid caller salvage. It is frustrating.

Can I have your furnace salvage, that'd be great. My most common raid reward is fully crafted nubian design techs. I basically started farming characters that I could use them on because I have so many. Bought two full furnaces from the shard shop because thats the only way I can ever get them lol.
  • Options
    What do you think the 1 hour to finalize raid rewards is for? Obviously the game needs the time to see what you have and what you need when determining rewards <runs to find tinfoil hat>
  • Options
    Try placing much lower/higher in the rancor. I've gotten my mkV fusion furnaces fully crafted when I've done 0 damage... I'll put on my tin foil hat now.

I've noticed that too. The better I finish, the worse the rewards. I'd rather get 5 stun cuffs than 40 Nubian Tech pieces. I just want some balance. Leave it to this game to make me a tin foil hat wearer.
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Welcome to the Tin Foil Hat Club! It does seem highly suspect. A lot of players have noticed they receive the same raid gear time after time, myself included. While I'm grateful I'm getting Nubian discs, when you look at the wide array of stuff I could be getting, it does not add up mathematically. I've received the gold eyeballs (which I have over 500 of already) for past 4 heroic AAT raids. As algorithm based as this game is, I'm having trouble chalking it up to coincidence.

I am jealous about your gold eyeballs you need them a lot!
  • Options
    ztc258 wrote: »

I've noticed that too. The better I finish, the worse the rewards. I'd rather get 5 stun cuffs than 40 Nubian Tech pieces. I just want some balance. Leave it to this game to make me a tin foil hat wearer.

That's not entirely true....recently I finished a raid with 0 damage and got a full piece with some other thing...then the next one I finished on No 1 and got another full piece of a different type and more things on the side...
  • Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »

I am jealous about your gold eyeballs you need them a lot!

The MkVIII implant salvage? What do you need them for? They're farmable in challenges.
  • Options
    Noval749 wrote: »

I remember this and it would be really nice. Then add that you can purchase crystals for gold and BAM you could please a lot of f2p or low p2p players.