0-28 to start (6-64 updated) Looking for input please

2Next

Replies

• Options
    They really don't need to change the drop rate, they'd need to decrease the variance but maybe the frustration is part of their model. To get people irked then pull out the wallet.

You got it! However, has a downside, frustration in some others, may cause the opposite effect (and I am within this latter group). Why should invest in a low reward/high frustration game?
  • Options
    If all those who had really "lucky" drops would post as much much as those who get upset at bad drops, the anecdotal evidence would even out.
  • Options
    theformula.jpg

A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one.
  • Options
    If all those who had really "lucky" drops would post as much much as those who get upset at bad drops, the anecdotal evidence would even out.

The drop rates aren't even though. I think it's around 20%, so there's a much larger percentage of people who feel they shafted
  • Melvil
    242 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I started buying cuffs and stun guns from ship shipments because otherwise it's impossible (as well as MK 10 Holoprojectors which seem not to drop from the normal tank raids as advertised). Now doing that it does feel like I collect them faster but there is one other piece of gear that is killing me and has forever been the bane of my time playing this game - MK3 Holoprojector.....

I mean come on - make it a little bit easier to get - put it in challenges....There are so many other gear bottlenecks in the game, why not just remove this particular one? Roughly 75% of the heroes need it in one form or another (not to mention the absurd case of Magmatrooper who needs 3 of these to get to Gear 8 :D)....and at the same time we're all swimming in thousands of MK4 Stun guns and Electrobinoculars which are the lease used gears in the game....
  • Options

The drop rates aren't even though. I think it's around 20%, so there's a much larger percentage of people who feel they shafted

I didn't word that very well. I agree more people feel like they got shafted then got lucky with drop rates. However, that's because the player base has a bias in setting the drop rate higher then what it is. My original post meant to point out the disparity isn't as extreme as it seems.
  • Options
    I started to track my drop rates. What was interesting to me is to calculate price in crystals based on 50 crystals per 120 energy. My data is not so big but
    Mk 8 BlasTech Weapon Mod - 225 sims - 56 gear - 24.89% - cost in shipments 273 - calculated cost - 334.82
    Mk 3 Sienar Holo Projector - 180 sims - 51 gear - 28.33% - cost in shipments 300 - calculated cost - 294.12
  • Options
    Why not set the rates on some of the hard to get gear higher? With my sample, and the untracked sample of the gold gear I'm working on I am around 10% drop for the both with a good amount of energy spent.

I also close my wallet when frustrated, I am more then happy to spend some every month when I don't feel like I am getting hosed like I feel now.