Royal Guard or Sith trooper???

Taunts:
Sith trooper:
Sith Trooper has +100% Defense. Whenever a Sith ally uses a Special ability or falls below 50% Health, Sith Trooper gains Defense Up for 2 turns. If he already had Defense Up, he gains Taunt for 2 turns. If he already had Taunt, he gains Retribution for 2 turns. Sith Trooper gains Defense Up for 2 turns at the start of each encounter.
Royal Guard:

Level 8
At the end of each turn, if any other ally took damage that turn, Royal Guard gains 15% Turn Meter and recovers 6% Health. In addition, Royal Guard Taunts for 1 turn whenever another ally falls below 50% Health.

In my opinion Sith trooper is better because he taunts whenever someone uses a special and, like royal Guard, taunts when someone is below 50% health.

What do you think?

Replies

• Options
    Sith trooper also gains retribution, imo he will be a much better tank than rg on sith teams, without sith he won't do much good at all.
  • Options
    Sith Trooper can also regain protection on his AOE and his AOE counts as a sith special ability which will give him the taunt/retritbution as well. His basic inflicts defense down which is great as sith love debuffs and sith couldn't previously apply defense down. His AOE also can apply offense down, which only Savage could do before (for sith).
  • Options
    If you''re mixing Sith and Empire I'd say RG is still a bit better, since Sith Trooper relies in having lots of Sith allies in order to proc taunt and retribution asap.
  • Options
    Sith trooper, he is like RG and shore had a baby
  • Options
    If you''re mixing Sith and Empire I'd say RG is still a bit better, since Sith Trooper relies in having lots of Sith allies in order to proc taunt and retribution asap.

You only really need 1 or two sith allies for it to happen fairly often. He himself counts as a sith so his AOE can trigger it, then if you have say EP and Vader in there (for Empire mixing) if it's EP's lead, EP can use his AOE to trigger it, Vader will be able to do two specials in a row under an EP lead so that's taunt+retribution right away. You could still toss in TFP and another Empire character or Boba.
  • Options
    I think an equally valid question would be Shoretrooper or Sith Trooper?

I think the answer is still similar - with a Zaul lead and at least 2 other Sith (likely EP & Vader) SithT probably will work better. With an EP or Zader lead, Shore might still be the better option - unless you also run Maul in that group - then SithT might still have decent syenergy to be superior.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I think an equally valid question would be Shoretrooper or Sith Trooper?

I think the answer is still similar - with a Zaul lead and at least 2 other Sith (likely EP & Vader) SithT probably will work better. With an EP or Zader lead, Shore might still be the better option - unless you also run Maul in that group - then SithT might still have decent syenergy to be superior.

I think it also depends on how fast you can get your own sith. If you can get them faster than your enemies than definitely Sith Trooper because you can trigger the taunt right away. If you can't speed them up enough Shore might still be better to protect your team early in the match.
  • Options
    With zaul lead, it's easy to get Palp faster than anything besides je. Wouldn't sith trooper gain taunt first turn in that situation?
  • Options
    If you can get a Sith to beat out Wiggs (or have a non-sith on the team under Zaul to bite the bullet) Sooper have the advantage of Counters, and if under Pappy, once fixed, can self-healing as he counters.

The danger is dispellers force you to process it twice.
  • Options
    If you can get a Sith to beat out Wiggs (or have a non-sith on the team under Zaul to bite the bullet) Sooper have the advantage of Counters, and if under Pappy, once fixed, can self-healing as he counters.

The danger is dispellers force you to process it twice.

But with dispellers the other sith will also probably be dropping under 50% health at some point so as long as you had it up first you should be alright.
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    With zaul lead, it's easy to get Palp faster than anything besides je. Wouldn't sith trooper gain taunt first turn in that situation?

Oh nvm @Vertigo already answered this.
  • Options
    The taunt from Sith trooper's unique lasts for two turns, which is better than any previous instant-taunter?
  • Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    The taunt from Sith trooper's unique lasts for two turns, which is better than any previous instant-taunter?

I mean it's not an instant-taunt though, and Shoretrooper can taunt for 2 turns once he gets a turn again. He just starts the encounter taunt for 1 turn, but he can apply it again right away.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Allenb60 wrote: »

I mean it's not an instant-taunt though, and Shoretrooper can taunt for 2 turns once he gets a turn again. He just starts the encounter taunt for 1 turn, but he can apply it again right away.

Ya, I guess Han Solo or Jawa engineer could still stop Sith Trooper's first taunt, which is cool and interactive
  • Options
    Sith Trooper is more likely to be taunting more often than RG, and he doesn't have to rely on allies being wounded to do so. In most situations, that's going to make him the better option. However, if the enemy team has something like a Fives, I'd say there's still value in having a good RG. The stun on the auto is a very powerful thing against toons like that.

As for Sith Trooper as a Shore replacement, it'd depend who you're against massively. If there are a bunch of Wiggs teams around you, Shore is likely to still be the better option. If you're surrounded by, say, Zaders or Zeta Barriss teams, Sith Trooper is almost certainly going to do more for you, because he could very well keep taunting for the entire match.
  • Options
    To say 1 is better than the other is foolish, they serve different purposes. So as always it will depend on your team