Toxic, filled with conspiracy theories, and misinformation.

Replies

• HansOlo
    51 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    How can this game have to much to do and not enough at the exit same time?

These posts are important but almost always are rants about a specific thing to a specific person with no real value to the community

No insults here but #toxicity gotta stop

No toxicity here.

To everyone thx for the answers. Probably i can live with everything but the arena thing. Because i should work between 17-18 :-)

@triqui: beat you from #4 today ;-) or was it 8? Kkktk was 4 probably. Attacked him and his Poe went first. You know his droid team. He killed my QGJ (5*) and FOTP (4*) in the first round, and i thought i lost already. But my Lumi, Rey and Sid beat them and won!
    Just to say, only my Sid and Lumi are 7*. Rey is 4* too.
  • Options
    You think 2 hours a day is too much?

I'm actually annoyed that I only get 2-3 hours per a day it's game mechanics forcing slower progression. Course, if it wasn't like that, I'd slip back into gamer mode, and frankly I have too much going on to play everquest 12-16 hours a day anymore. I probably play, and read this forum, more than I should.
  • Options
    Parad1sel wrote: »

I'm actually annoyed that I only get 2-3 hours per a day it's game mechanics forcing slower progression. Course, if it wasn't like that, I'd slip back into gamer mode, and frankly I have too much going on to play everquest 12-16 hours a day anymore. I probably play, and read this forum, more than I should.

For someone with work and children, yes, 2h is too much, especially between 17-18 :-)
  • Options
    HansOlo wrote: »
    Parad1sel wrote: »

For someone with work and children, yes, 2h is too much, especially between 17-18 :-)

I barely get 1 hour out of it, I would like more to doooooo.
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    All you did was quote him and respond to him. Why did you not just leave it in the original thread?

Why duplicate it?
    Because the other thread was filled with multiple topics, on page 7, and was very toxic. The venom didn't subside even after a very reasonable (if heated) response by the devs. By opening another thread it served the dual goals of distancing the topic from the emotional baggage as well as focusing on one aspect. My intent was not to gather attention for myself but to try and reduce the tension level of discourse. I apologize if I offended you, as I said I do realize that the volume of threads on the message board can be overwhelming.
    Rolf wrote: »
    Nice OP. (Wholeheartedly agree about 5pg BTW, I recently retired from Dawn. Go Schnzy!)

Thanks for replying, John. With some more open conversation this place and everyone's enjoyment could really improve. I'm hoping those release notes you mentioned will come *well in advance* of the actual update date!
    Yep, that's the one, DotD mobile. It was great, had great community engagement. My problem was it was too time consuming around events (that often didn't have enough backend server support that caused horrible lag). However Schnzy was a pro. I also really miss Clash of the Dragons though, RIP. :sniff:
    But it also feels we aren't keeping up with the volume of conversation here. Jesse and I have been talking about that and working on trying to improve that situation. I don't have an immediate solution, but we'll discuss options this week.

Aye, there's the rub. The number of threads is truly astounding! I check out the first page of discussions, but being in Europe right now find that I miss stuff because the discussion happens during US times. However of the two parts (1) responding to the forums, and (2) providing game updates; only the first requires wading through the forums. How you handled the level cap increase was good. It could have been better if the in-game splash screen showed 24-48 hours in advance. That is what we need more of. I think people are assuming that the new content will come out in a week and a bit. Hopefully we have more detailed notice on that.

For suggestions on how to handle the forums my one suggestion was to co-opt some of the forums. As I mentioned 5PG had a player's council where a "representative" group of players was brought into a NDA and given a preview and checking through an outside optic. That has the advantage of getting out of the yes-men trap as well as giving you defenders in the forum. And oddly enough they do it for free. There are some good guys out in the forum, off the top of my head cosmicturtle and BentWookie (despite his giving me heartache in this thread :smiley: ).

Good luck with a solution. I think the popularity of the Star Wars franchise is both a blessing and a curse. On one hand you get a huge instant audience, on the other hand you get a huge instant audience. LOL. To be honest though, I probably would have given up on it if it wasn't Star Wars. I do understand that hitting the movie release was likely the cause of some of your problems.
  • Options
    It relies too much on RNG. Any game that RNG is a major factor in combat is pretty lazy to be honest.
  • Options

I agree that in order for things to get better both the players and the devs need to work together to move things in the more positive direction.

Not exactly. Dev team needs to listen when players have a serious gamechanging bug, but listening full time to players will do nothing but kill a game because the loudest whiners are generally those that are laziest, and in this setting, cheapest. If you cater to the lowest common demoninator, you will end up with Hello Kitty's everyone wins for just starting the app and sitting there.

I'm not trying to attack f2p players. There are lots of them playing and probably have never even looked at these forums, in fact I'll bet that under 10% of the player base has even looked at them or spends any time reading them, and under 5% are actually posting. So you've got a very small sample of your actual playerbase. I only mention it because the game wasn't created to foster goodwill on earth and make everyone feel warm and fuzzy, it was created to make money. And the 2 biggest complaints I see are EA are greedy, and this is too hard. The greedy primarily comes from f2p players, the too hard comes from people who either don't get the dynamics or simply don't want to invest the time.

If they did everything that f2p players ask for, then there would be little reason to pay any money, and the game would die because it couldn't support itself, and they don't want to just support themselves, they want to make money. Why bother keeping something thats only maintaining itself? you can move those devs to a project that actually turns a profit. However, while you can't do everything for the f2p people, you have to keep them happy or they will leave and if you only have paying players, they will get bored as well, unless you have enough pve content to keep them occupied.

You can't listen to lazy players because you will create easy mode, and eventually even the lazy players will grow tired of it.

So yeah, you need to listen to your players, but with a grain of salt. And having played Everquest for 13 years, and being very active on their forums, and with their devs, EA is paying MUCH more attention to players than I'm used to. The only time we saw EQ devs pay attention is when there was a bug that benefited players, if it screwed us, they'd "get around to it."

Devs need to listen to players, not exactly work together with them.
  • Options
    @CG_JohnSalera mods would help.

First thing, post a "Read First Forum Guidelines" this can set the tone for decorum.

Temporary time outs for trolls, 8 hour to 2 day bans (board only).

Strike system which will contribute to temporary and permanent board band.

• Options
    Bug? No.
    Different design choice? Most likely.
    Bad design choice? No.

Variety is a good thing.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    We can also use a sticky "introduce yourself" thread.
  • Options
    Takes me about an hour and half to finish all the dailies, galactic warfare, and my arena matches everyday. Doesn't feel too time consuming to me.
  • Options
    Hey guys -

If we add one, people will claim we did this fix the ensure they couldn't get one quickly. If we don't add one, people will say their being punished (somehow, though I can't figure out what theory would emerge to have that make sense). I need to talk to the team about how we should proceed here. I'm open to (constructive) suggestions.

Long post. Lots of words. Hope it makes sense and clarifies things.

Thanks for reading.

Hi John

This game brings out the passion in all of us. That's both good and bad as it means the trolls will be passionate as well.

On a serious note, I've started playing this game since hard launch. I was pumped for the movie and wanted to find a good start wars game, it just happened to be nov.28th.
    We've had no heroes added to arena shipments and one hero added gw. We really need new heros, atleast one in arena shipments and one in gw, minimum. A lot if us playing since launch or early December have acquired all the heroes that are viable. Please don't punish the majority of your player base by not releasing new heros just because a few complainers find thing to nitpick.

Thanks

• Options
    I feel like the battles are mostly tactical, I seldom feel I was screwed over in a battle.
  • Options
    I feel completely sorry for the dev team, the toxicity levels on this forum is absurdly high, like in a galaxy far far away high, not even just after post changes but on a regular basis. I stand by a point I made a few weeks back before I couldn't be bothered wading through the toxic garbage any longer, that the lack of any sort of gratitude or positivity can have a substantial effect on team morale and their motivation, they may be running a business, but they are still people. If some of the toxic posters are so adamant of spreading sewage all over the place, and that nothing the team does is right and the game us terrible, blah blah, then, no one is forcing you to stick around.
  • Options
    I feel completely sorry for the dev team, the toxicity levels on this forum is absurdly high, like in a galaxy far far away high, not even just after post changes but on a regular basis. I stand by a point I made a few weeks back before I couldn't be bothered wading through the toxic garbage any longer, that the lack of any sort of gratitude or positivity can have a substantial effect on team morale and their motivation, they may be running a business, but they are still people. If some of the toxic posters are so adamant of spreading sewage all over the place, and that nothing the team does is right and the game us terrible, blah blah, then, no one is forcing you to stick around.

Ya, I completely understand and people need to chill with the negative comments but that's the result of cg/ea creating this awesome game and naturally people are passionate for this game. It's not all bad.
  • Options
    The only thing I'm upset about is the priorities the devs are taking. They found the time to "fix" the bug in which we could refresh GW for tokens instead of crystals, but they couldn't find the time to fix FOTP's stat bug and his third attack bug.
  • Options

Sadly, in any form of internet/game competition, this is kind of inevitable, and happens to each and everyone of us whether you believe it or not, difference is some of us keep it up ourselves and others seek some form of attention/approval, which is partly the goal of a forum
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    insults to dev and players

no clear thoughts about facts all emotions

"I believe" / "This is what I think to be true" / "I know this happens" / "EA always does...."

these comments breed toxic forums, no one stops it and only a few of us say anything then we become accused of

"pay to win scum" / "EA scum supporter" / random insult about our family or person-hood

when we post facts, they get over looked for the emotion about how the toxic drama MUST Be

we get report after repost after repost after repost

YOU ALL HAVE TO STAND UP AND STOP IT... when you see a repost say it, dont comment on it, when you see drama and false hoods say it

this doesnt have to be rude but it should be clear what the post is... we can make these forums productive but as long as you all want the drama it will be here

you know why you cant have nice things? YOU DONT WANT IT

lets change it

#Toxicity

Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    I think @Vampire_X needs to be nominated the Poet Laureate of the forums. :)
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    I have a dream...

edited for brevity. LOL but I agree wholeheartedly. like I said in another post, it's a combination of mobile gaming (and mobile devices in general putting everything at your fingertips) and freedom to speak your mind that incites this kind of demand for instant gratification. when people don't get it..then things get ugly. we're all adults (mostly). why act like the inner 6 year old of 2-3 decades ago?
    mighty chlorians
  • Nerfherder17
    2094 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    YOU ALL HAVE TO STAND UP AND STOP IT... when you see a repost say it, dont comment on it, when you see drama and false hoods say it

lets change it

#Toxicity

We dont need all of your positive garbage comments. It's really bring the group up as a whole. There really isnt room for your positive self betterment getting in the way of our spitting venom. We are , for the most part a group of bitter cynical lonely nerds here and We are trying to wallow in our own self pitty, if you can't get on board with that please see yourself out.
  • Options
    Nice OP. (Wholeheartedly agree about 5pg BTW, I recently retired from Dawn. Go Schnzy!)

Thanks for replying, John. With some more open conversation this place and everyone's enjoyment could really improve. I'm hoping those release notes you mentioned will come *well in advance* of the actual update date!

lets change it

#Toxicity

We dont need all of your positive garbage comments. It's really bring the group up as a whole. There really isnt room for your positive self betterment getting in the way of our spitting venom. We are , for the most part a group of bitter cynical lonely nerds here and We are trying to wallow in our own self pitty, if you can't get on board with that please see yourself out.

A modest proposal!

Jonathan Swift would be proud of you. Well said.

Preach it Vampire_X!

• Options
    What? Too much? Hehe
  • Options
    Wait, life is nothing up a series of randomness, you control NOTHING, it's all an illusion of control.
  • Wazlinski
    359 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Wait, life is nothing up a series of randomness, you control NOTHING, it's all an illusion of control.

Especially if one is married ;)
  • Options

"Choice is an illusion created between those with power and those without."
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    I manage about 65 people in my line of work. I like to give them the illusion of choice (basically the lesser of two evils, the lesser being what I want them to do and the greater evil no one wants to do).

has worked effectively. :wink:
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    RNG is the nature of these games.
    If you don't want RNG, go play chess.

In reality though, if there was no RNG you could plan out entire battles from turn 1. RNG gives an element of 'oh that happened, so now I need to improvise or adapt to the situation'.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    My biggest complaint is every team in arena is starting to look the same. So yea....comes down to rng.