Zylo in arena

Prev1
SubzeeeDon
736 posts Member
edited February 2017
Hi
Will be getting my first Zeta and a few weeks. Was going for Vader but I'm leaning on kylo as I just live his kit now.
Was looking at kylo viability in arena. I've seen him wreck 3v1 against zader which is beastly. Also a nice bonus to p1 damage as I don't have a competitive Jedi team yet.
any thoughts on how well he runs In arena? and also an team comps with him? I was thinking to run boba lead EP TFP kylo and GK.
Post edited by SubzeeeDon on

Replies

• Options
    Kylo fits anywhere.
  • Options
    I just subbed him in for TFP in my area team and it is crazy. I don't even have his zeta yet but he just absolutely crushes. Any time he gets damaged, he has a 50% chance of resetting his specials. His specials inflict damage over time on himself at a lower rate which gives him multiple chances to to reset. Additionally, he gains +10 speed for every debuff him.

That doesn't even factor in that his outrage stuns if he has full health.

I sit at numer 1 in my shard and can usually beat the number 2 guy 7/10 times. I just went 10 times against the #2 guy and have only lost 1 character on 2 of those times.
  • Options
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    I just subbed him in for TFP in my area team and it is crazy. I don't even have his zeta yet but he just absolutely crushes. Any time he gets damaged, he has a 50% chance of resetting his specials. His specials inflict damage over time on himself at a lower rate which gives him multiple chances to to reset. Additionally, he gains +10 speed for every debuff him.

That doesn't even factor in that his outrage stuns if he has full health.

I sit at numer 1 in my shard and can usually beat the number 2 guy 7/10 times. I just went 10 times against the #2 guy and have only lost 1 character on 2 of those times.

Beautiful:) I saw a video on YouTube somewhere that showed zylo destroying zader shore and EP. It was crazy
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/266235639714807810/283276808957460480/Screenshot_2017-02-20-17-38-32.png

Wooow. Looking likely I'll be going down the kylo route:) just need like 250 more carbanti to gear
    Him up :/
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Screenshot_2017-02-20-17-38-32.png

• Options
    Amazing:) final question would you go the offense or tenacity route with him? To try and prevent ability blocking off the bat?
  • Options
    Tittle fix:
    Zeta kylo Zylo in arena
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    Note on defence he only uses outrage when his health is less than 100%. I went offence, with some crit chance as it's very low as a base stat. On attack you can still spam attack outrage.

Xio
  • Options
    Supercat wrote: »
    Tittle fix:
    Zeta kylo Zylo in arena

Of course how silly of me aha. I criticise people for saying zKylo lol
  • Options
    Xioborg wrote: »
    Note on defence he only uses outrage when his health is less than 100%. I went offence, with some crit chance as it's very low as a base stat. On attack you can still spam attack outrage.

Oh hmm. So predominantly uses lash out? Eh that needs to change imo. They changed phasma priority so they should change this
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »

Oh hmm. So predominantly uses lash out? Eh that needs to change imo. They changed phasma priority so they should change this

honestly that is a tough call IMO. I don't use him but in theory I think it would be better for him to have retribution as much as possible.
    You hit him he gains 15% offense and he counters. if keeps building
  • Options
    Tittle fix:
    Zeta kylo Zylo in arena

Off topic, but I personally don't understand why anyone would sub out the first letter to signify zeta... putting zKylo would be much easier to read rather than having to decipher the first letter of the name.
  • Options
    Athusk wrote: »
    Tittle fix:
    Zeta kylo Zylo in arena

Off topic, but I personally don't understand why anyone would sub out the first letter to signify zeta... putting zKylo would be much easier to read rather than having to decipher the first letter of the name.

It works perfectly well for characters with longer names, but the shorter ones are a bit weird honestly.
  • Options
    Tittle fix:
    Zeta kylo Zylo in arena

Vertigo wrote: »
    Tittle fix:
    Zeta kylo Zylo in arena

It works perfectly well for characters with longer names, but the shorter ones are a bit weird honestly.

Yah but I think it's just settled now. When I fist heard things like Zylo and zader and zaul it sounded awesome so I kept using it lol. It's not too difficult to decipher.
    Zyn - Jyn
    Zoba/zoda confusion maybe
    ZGJ (no idea why it's like this but it fits)
    Those are the only ones that can cause confusion imo. The rest are quite clear
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/266235639714807810/283276808957460480/Screenshot_2017-02-20-17-38-32.png

Whoa. Any chance for you to provide the mod set for Kylo used in this image?
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

honestly that is a tough call IMO. I don't use him but in theory I think it would be better for him to have retribution as much as possible.
    You hit him he gains 15% offense and he counters. if keeps building

If he's zetad though without a doubt you'd want outrage used in most cases. Unless it's like the opening turn or if the aoe will kill someone
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Options
    What team works best with him? Right now I'm using Zader(L), Baze, TFP, Palp, and switch between Boba and Maul for #5 depending on who I'm fighting. For the best Zylo team, I'm considering trying Boba lead. What y'all think?
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Tittle fix:
    Zeta kylo Zylo in arena

Tittle fix:
    Zeta kylo Zylo in arena

Yah but I think it's just settled now. When I fist heard things like Zylo and zader and zaul it sounded awesome so I kept using it lol. It's not too difficult to decipher.
    Zyn - Jyn

No, its QGZ
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Tittle fix:
    Zeta kylo Zylo in arena

Tittle fix:
    Zeta kylo Zylo in arena

Zyn - Jyn

No, its QGZ

I think zQGJ looks better.

On topic: I put Kylo in my squad asap at g10. Decked him out with offense mods and he's a monster. I can pretty much one-shot chirruts with him.

Kylo is my chirrut head hunter.
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Tittle fix:
    Zeta kylo Zylo in arena

Tittle fix:
    Zeta kylo Zylo in arena

Zyn - Jyn

No, its QGZ

I think zQGJ looks better.

On topic: I put Kylo in my squad asap at g10. Decked him out with offense mods and he's a monster. I can pretty much one-shot chirruts with him.

Kylo is my chirrut head hunter.

Meh I tend to use ZGJ but QGZ does look Zetter.

ohh sweet! his gear 11is a pain but if he's viable at 10 with good mods and zetad I can throw him in. I just want to get rid of wiggs from my team asap they're so boring now
  • Options
    Offense mods..... still haven't gotten all those unlocked to farm. **** FO toons.
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I used tenacity and health mods with good protection and speed secondaries(194). The more protection he has, the more he stuns. His health/protection is almost 75k.
  • TronTheKhan
    650 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'd say put a couple tenacity mods on him. KyloZ will resist the heal immunity and keep gaining that sweet sweet prot back!
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Options

It works wonders with a first order team. He is obviously designed to be run with first order.
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Options
    I went without tenacity thinking that having it higher would prevent dots and therefore keep Kylo weaker without the benefit.
  • Options
    Rizn wrote: »
    I went without tenacity thinking that having it higher would prevent dots and therefore keep Kylo weaker without the benefit.

Sadly, Tenacity is worthless in this game. Potency owns it.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Options
    I disagree Snakes. Tenacity is very useful. More so lately.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Rizn wrote: »
    I disagree Snakes. Tenacity is very useful. More so lately.

I don't know I have had K2 and gk with over 100% tenacity and rng laughed at it.
  • Options
    Tenacity is only useful in the form of Tenacity Up. You just can't get enough tenacity to outmatch the enemy's potency now. Potency scaled up so much faster than Tenacity did as the gear levels increased