Zader vs Rancor

So I zeta mod my vader and take him Ep, sidious, tfp, dooku. I tried to fight tier 6 rancor but the turn meter refilled as soon as it went down so I got nowhere. They are all gear 9 except Ep who is 10. Am I doing something wrong? Any advice would helpful. Thx.

Replies

• Nick316
    32 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    You need to add an actual tmr character like Rex or Magna trooper in there to go along with Zader 20% tmr 50% chance lead
    Post edited by Nick316 on
  • Options
    Put QGJ in for dooku.... His assist special reduces TM as well as his basic.... I solo with that team on auto....
  • Options
    Gear and speed is huge. The more often you can hit the rancor, the more TM you can take away. And the more damage you do per hit, the fewer hits are needed to kill it and thus fewer chances for the RNG to screw you over. Potency isn't an issue if you have all Empire/Sith (unless you want to inflict Speed Down) since their TMR can't be resisted if it procs. Even if you have non-Sith/Empire, you don't need potency if TFP is modded for crit chance.

I run Zader, Sid, TFP, Rex and QGJ and have been doing pretty well so far. It easily handles the whole raid on manual. I've only run it twice on auto: the first time finished it and the second time died early in P4.
  • Options
    Same here. G10 Zader, ep, dm, g9 boba and tfp. Not one bit of turn meter reduction. Do I need to mod them all for potency?
  • Options
    Thank you all for the help. I will put magma or royal in whichever I can gear 9 first. I will put speed mods on them as well.
  • Bendak
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Do you need to have potency on TFP or is Crit Chance enough? I assume the Tenacity Down can still be resisted from TFP's crits if he doesn't have potency?
  • Options
    Run RG instead of Dooku, dooku can actual hurt more than help.. speed down and gives other toons more survivability. I solo heroic with Sid palp RG & TFP
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Bendak wrote: »
    Do you need to have potency on TFP or is Crit Chance enough? I assume the Tenacity Down can still be resisted from TFP's crits if he doesn't have potency?
    You don't need Potency to land Tenacity Down. Just need to crit
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Seltgar wrote: »
    Thank you all for the help. I will put magma or royal in whichever I can gear 9 first. I will put speed mods on them as well.

You don't really need Magma to be at g9 for him to be effective. As long as you've got fast mods on your team they really won't take too many hits.

I ran a T7 rancor raid with Zader (g11, 189 speed), TFP (g11, ~245 speed), EP (g11, 220 speed), Rex (g8, 196 speed) and Sid (g8, 202 speed). Both Sid and Rex were g8, and Rex was the only one to lose protection and he lost it against the pigs. But as others have said, you do really need someone with a guaranteed TMR to get you through the first phase you start in unless your mods are amazing for everyone's speed.
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    Options
    My rex speed clearly needs work all the rest are gear 9 or 10 and about 200 speed
  • Options
    I use vader, palp, rg, tfp and qgj. Works fine.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Soundemon wrote: »
    Same here. G10 Zader, ep, dm, g9 boba and tfp. Not one bit of turn meter reduction. Do I need to mod them all for potency?

Uh... Why do you have Boba? No speed down, no defense down, no tenacity down, no tm reduction...
    He's not empire so not even added tm reduction.
    He's not really Solo Rancor material...

Replace him, and you'll have better luck.

Potency is doubly pointless in the squad you have actually. Zader lead gives IRRESISTIBLE turn meter reduction (which means it bypasses the potency/tenacity check/roll), plus you have TFP who has tenacity down which takes tenacity down to the bare minimum (15%), which means potency can't increase your chance to remove turn meter any more.

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Apart from other suggestions, you are playing rancy tier 6. I doubt it's soloable due to huge health pool. On heroic the only risky part is stage 1 and your team is undergeared and subpar yet (no rex). So don't waste it on stage 1. Wait for 2 before going in.
  • Options
    I solo entire rancor with zader lead, ep, tfp, maul and nihilous. Most finish with protection and rancor never takes a turn through 3 phases. Wait to throw Vader blade until his next turn will be his choke so you don't waste speed down. Tfp give perm tenacity down
  • Options
    Good tips. Ive been working on my team as well. Need to get TFP geared some more and still working on speed mods. :)