4x speed up covers both arena?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    It won't be an improvement for the so called "quality of life", as long as it's not focus on shortening the more tedious stuff like raids. Cutting the animation is easy and cost nothing. Speeding up both arena bring complications, and crystals spending.

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining that it should just stay the way it is now. But rather why take a small improvement and leaving out the most quality on life aspect, raids. And yet it is easily recognizable by a portion of players that it tends to create more stress for the recent "only arena quality of life inprovement".

Quality of life improvement should be for all, and raids is where it takes the most quality of life time.
  • Options
    Not about the sniping issue, can see how that is a problem. But the video specifically mentions it working in GW and Raids so think this button is an across the board change, not arena only.
  • Options
    Cuzzins wrote: »
    Not about the sniping issue, can see how that is a problem. But the video specifically mentions it working in GW and Raids so think this button is an across the board change, not arena only.

I must have missed that if that's the case. Then probably it's gonna be acceptable for majority of it includes raid and gw. But still I have reservations on the complications it can cause on regular arena.

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Malthael wrote: »
    Welcome to the 20 seconds snipes QoL improvement =)

Its better than exploiting a broken arena system with time out teams that cant beat anyone outright, just draw.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Its better than exploiting a broken arena system with time out teams that cant beat anyone outright, just draw.

Despite being on a November 2015 shard, I have never had the "time out team" problem. Not once.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Despite being on a November 2015 shard, I have never had the "time out team" problem. Not once.

Cool. There is only one person from TI in my shard that likes to camp other's payouts and use TI TO teams that someone else probably theorycrafted. The team never beats anyone when on defense but goes to draw from time to time. I think this change is a direct response to Ship arena and others areas but also to prevent the cheese of GK/Zarriss time out teams. Good for you for not having to deal with that garbage. Its boring.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options

Cool. There is only one person from TI in my shard that likes to camp other's payouts and use TI TO teams that someone else probably theorycrafted. The team never beats anyone when on defense but goes to draw from time to time. I think this change is a direct response to Ship arena and others areas but also to prevent the cheese of GK/Zarriss time out teams. Good for you for not having to deal with that garbage. Its boring.

My point is simply that the "TO Team" issue in arena isn't really a wide-spread issue. 20 second snipes in arena will be.

As I said, I welcome the change for other areas of the game that tend to get a bit tedious. But squad arena is not an area that, in general, needs this change. In fact, I think the change is simply a very well veiled attempt to make people spend crystals to snipe or refresh/lockdown to prevent it.

Sorry, but every now and then there is a "what the heck were they thinking?" update - I have a bad feeling about this one.

Don't get me wrong - I love the squad configuration aspect. And even like the idea of the speed up for areas other than squad arena. I just can't help but think that the crystal spending increase that's going to occur due to 4x sniping (and trying to prevent it) is a not-so-unintended consequence.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Both sides get the speed up, not just your opponents.

I so don't care, this is going to speed everything up and I couldn't be any more delighted -- especially for ships. I like the game a lot, but if I can spend 4X LESS time battling, I'll take it along with any problems it might potentially cause.

Man, I'm already waiting for the 16X FF option.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    I just watched that MobileGamer vid on the megathread. At 1:44 he mentions that the speed up will be available in GW and Raids as well. Sounds like it will be available everywhere, not just Arenas.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/94514/quality-of-life-game-improvements-part-1-comments-and-questions-megathread
  • Options

My point is simply that the "TO Team" issue in arena isn't really a wide-spread issue. 20 second snipes in arena will be.

As I said, I welcome the change for other areas of the game that tend to get a bit tedious. But squad arena is not an area that, in general, needs this change. In fact, I think the change is simply a very well veiled attempt to make people spend crystals to snipe or refresh/lockdown to prevent it.

Sorry, but every now and then there is a "what the heck were they thinking?" update - I have a bad feeling about this one.

Don't get me wrong - I love the squad configuration aspect. And even like the idea of the speed up for areas other than squad arena. I just can't help but think that the crystal spending increase that's going to occur due to 4x sniping (and trying to prevent it) is a not-so-unintended consequence.

One can only hope this is followed by a QOL improvement that gets rid of specific payout times (such as rewarding based on highest rank of the day or similar). Sniping / clock blocking is then no longer an issue and the speed up would be a decent improvement.