I don't understand speed

2Next

Replies

• Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    LorneMalvo wrote: »
    I think speed works on a 0-1000 scale and ties are resolved randomly. So if both bobas are over 200 they reach 1000 at the same time and who goes first is random

That is no longer true.

Only if the speeds are identical. I was running into this issue, I kept playing the same opponent for several days without anything changing (15 combats):

1) StHan was picked as an assist 70% of the time by Biggs when it could have been JKA or Lando instead
    2) When StHan was called for an assist he gained TM 85% of the time (55% chance with an omega)
    3) The way the speeds were it was a tie breaker with my TFP and StHan when he didn't gain TM, but both times ended up going first (not a large sample here :) )

I don't see anything odd here other than the "AI" benefiting always from the RNG, e.g. opponent's StHan with 27% potency reduces TM from at least two of my guys with his Bluff, no matter what my tenacity is. I'm not sure Bluff follows potency requirement at all, though.

With the game mechanisms hidden we can't really know how something works, or even how it should work, given the tooltip explanation.
  • Options
    OK it just happened again today I took screenshots but apperently I'm an **** and I don't know how to post them :-P but his Biggs is speed 162!!! My boba 186, both Lando lead, his Biggs starts the fight and almost kills my wedge, then my boba is second... How????????? If someone tells me how to post a picture I'll post them of both our speeds
  • Stuey
    69 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Oh man and again, against another guy, his Biggs is 173, my boba still 186, and his Biggs went first followed by my boba. What on earth is going on?

Does the defending team get any kind of bonuses?
  • Options
    @Stuey are you factoring in Wiggs's unique?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Supercat wrote: »
    @Stuey are you factoring in Wiggs's unique?

Probably not. Biggs (if Wedge is also present) gets +9 speed for each ally at full health. Read Wedge's "Red Leader" unique ability.

You understand speed fine, you just didn't understand how Wedge's unique worked.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Biggs should go before your boba man the unique with wedge gives him 40 speed for rd1 qt the minimum
  • Options
    Stuey wrote: »
    OK it just happened again today I took screenshots but apperently I'm an **** and I don't know how to post them :-P but his Biggs is speed 162!!! My boba 186, both Lando lead, his Biggs starts the fight and almost kills my wedge, then my boba is second... How????????? If someone tells me how to post a picture I'll post them of both our speeds

Assuming your opponent also has Wedge, his Biggs starts with speed of 222. +45 from Wedge's unique and +15 from Lando's lead. Your Boba only gets the +15 from Lando lead so he's at 201
  • Options
    Oh man and again, against another guy, his Biggs is 173, my boba still 186, and his Biggs went first followed by my boba. What on earth is going on?

Does the defending team get any kind of bonuses?

Seems pretty clear to me. Biggs goes first because Wedge unique ability gives Biggs +45 speed at the beginning of the match. If his Biggs is 173, add 45 for Wedge unique and 15 for Lando lead = 233. Your Boba is only 186 + 15 = 201. His Biggs goes first.

You need to get your Boba to 219 to beat that Biggs to the punch.
  • Options
    OK mystery solved thanks guys, guess I should read more had no idea wedge gave a bonus to biggs thanks! I'm sure the first time sth was probably called or something