Increase hp pools and healing abilities in arena/GW

I feel that hp pools and healing abilities need an increase because as of right now a team stacking speed and damage dealers will wipe 1 if not 2 of your characters in their first turn. By increasing the health pools it will actually add more strategy to the game and diversify squads on relying on tanks and healers more

Replies

• Options
    Sounds like you want to play with tanks and healers instead of dps and turn manipulation characters i prefer it as it is. Tanks and healers are good in galactic war. High dps and turn manipulation is good in arena. By changing this they would actually be reducing strategy since you would have a one team fits all delimma. Right now i have an A team which is tanks and healers and a B team speed and never fail to complete GW and usually no. 1 in arena.
  • Options
    So your telling me you want to have only one viable option for arena which is a speed/damage tanked team? Sounds like there is no diversity there at all to me.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    There isn't right now. Most of the player base is hoping to see that change from the whaliest of whales to the most hardcore ftp. There is close to zero diversity in arena.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    There is actually some diversity. You see teams that are based on a lot of speed with high damage. You also see high DPS teams with a great deal of speed.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Thank you. You both just proved my point right there. There is no diversity right now. It's all about who attacks first and who does the most damage.

We need to make it so that a healer/tank team can do just as well as a full damage team and vice versa. The way I see it is there is pretty much no place for healers in arena right now
  • Options
    Give people the choice between wanting to have a balanced team of healers dps and tanks or having a team of just dps or so on and so forth
  • Options
    Armor changed to %, reduction would change things.

• Options
    Agreed, but for starters, they should at least retune how armor and def buffs work so that they are useful.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    There is actually some diversity. You see teams that are based on a lot of speed with high damage. You also see high DPS teams with a great deal of speed.

I see what you did there.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Glad someone did. ;)
    Don't anyone hold their breath waiting for defense to mean anything. In a thread on the reddit, the dev who posts there responded to a complaint about its near-uselessness basically saying it was "working as intended" and was this way so they could bring us something Awesome™ Sometime™.
    Apparently making dozens of characters and builds almost useless for months is not seen as a problem.
  • Options

LMAO I love it.

I saw an interesting b uild in GW last night. It was all 7* Purple except Daka was only 6* Teebo lead QGJ,Lumi,Daka, FOTP.

Talk about a stealth team they were stealthed most the time. It was not hard to beat, but it was definitely cool.
  • Options
    Let's just get rid of damage dealers altogether. That way everyone can use 5 healer sets and no one wins.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    pay2win wrote: »
    Let's just get rid of damage dealers altogether. That way everyone can use 5 healer sets and no one wins.

http://www.logicallyfallacious.com/index.php/logical-fallacies/94-false-dilemma (even has a Star Wars reference!)
    http://www.logicallyfallacious.com/index.php/logical-fallacies/170-strawman-fallacy
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

You forgot to add turn manipulation
  • Pangogo
    61 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    If we're talking about GW then I welcome those arena 1 round kill teams but I rarely fight against them because I can't imagine them to last very long through all of GW.

If you're having trouble with your HP & healing abilities in GW then bring a real tank, more than 1 healer and a B squad.
  • Options
    Resist7785 wrote: »
    So your telling me you want to have only one viable option for arena which is a speed/damage tanked team? Sounds like there is no diversity there at all to me.

Remember before the barriss nerf people were complaining they'd run out of time in arena now battles are 1min to 3min with these speed teams i'm fairly certain this was intended. I don't want to go back to the old way of just trying to run the other guy out of time so you don't lose your rank. On top of that arena team and gw team were the same back then so yes it was less diversity and strategy.
  • Options

http://www.logicallyfallacious.com/index.php/logical-fallacies/94-false-dilemma (even has a Star Wars reference!)
    http://www.logicallyfallacious.com/index.php/logical-fallacies/170-strawman-fallacy

This subject has been debated many times. While I might have exaggerated, its not far from the truth. We've already had a phase where damage was not on the same level as HP and it resulted in stall teams. The same thing would happen with raising HP and the top characters will still stay at the top.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    While I might have exaggerated, its not far from the truth.
    Yes, it is. Your comment is not even in the same galaxy as the truth.
    There is plenty of room in the game for balance that would allow a variety of builds to be viable. The choice isn't "my Poe went first and my DPS guys do 12k in a round so your team is half-dead before you get a turn" or "get rid of all damage dealers and everyone runs 5 healers". That's fallacious **** and contributes absolutely nothing of value to any discussion.
  • Options
    There is plenty of room in the game for balance that would allow a variety of builds to be viable. The choice isn't "my Poe went first and my DPS guys do 12k in a round so your team is half-dead before you get a turn" or "get rid of all damage dealers and everyone runs 5 healers". That's fallacious **** and contributes absolutely nothing of value to any discussion.

We have already seen 3+ healer sets in arena that were designed to stall out the arena clock. I don't think its in another galaxy of thought to assume if you increase HP and healing, we will be back to stalling set ups.

I see that you are ignoring my opinion because it doesn't fit your ideas. That's cool. Trying to discredit me because you don't agree. Not cool. Calling out people for using illogical fallacies while also using them is pretty hypocritical.
  • Options
    so why not increase the timer to ten minutes then? Or get rid of the thing altogether.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I see that you are ignoring my opinion because it doesn't fit your ideas.

I'm ignoring your opinion because, as I already said, it is fallacious. There is a middle ground between every team using multiple healers to stall the clock out, and what we have now, which is fights that are over in 15 seconds.
    A primary job of a game development team is striving for balance. That is what people want. And it is entirely achievable.
    Oh, and by the way, there is nothing wrong with building a defensive team that sometimes wins by stalling out the clock. It's a legitimate strategy. Yes, imagine that, it should actually be possible for a high DPS team to NOT win every time! Imagine!
    There are sports teams that win by basically preventing the other team from scoring. In baseball it's called "good pitching and defense". There is no reason we couldn't have teams here that sometimes win by preventing the other team from knocking them out. Every time? Of course not, I didn't say that. Sometimes? Why not?
    Right now we basically have close to ZERO defensive teams, because they have close to ZERO chance of actually winning. EVERY high-level team is based on speed, one-shot DPS and turn meter manipulation. A lack of diversity leads to stagnation and people leaving.
  • Options
    Resist7785 wrote: »
    so why not increase the timer to ten minutes then? Or get rid of the thing altogether.

Because with the current arena setup, some one could stay in the #1 position and stall for weeks if it is removed.
  • Options

I'm ignoring your opinion because, as I already said, it is fallacious. There is a middle ground between every team using multiple healers to stall the clock out, and what we have now, which is fights that are over in 15 seconds.
    A primary job of a game development team is striving for balance. That is what people want. And it is entirely achievable.
    Oh, and by the way, there is nothing wrong with building a defensive team that sometimes wins by stalling out the clock. It's a legitimate strategy. Yes, imagine that, it should actually be possible for a high DPS team to NOT win every time! Imagine!
    There are sports teams that win by basically preventing the other team from scoring. In baseball it's called "good pitching and defense". There is no reason we couldn't have teams here that sometimes win by preventing the other team from knocking them out. Every time? Of course not, I didn't say that. Sometimes? Why not?
    Right now we basically have close to ZERO defensive teams, because they have close to ZERO chance of actually winning. EVERY high-level team is based on speed, one-shot DPS and turn meter manipulation. A lack of diversity leads to stagnation and people leaving.

Saying fights lasting 15 seconds is fallacious. People have and will resort to stalling teams.

The lack of diversity could be from many. Characters that outperform others is the real problem. Giving Rey more HP isn't going to solve the problem of her being faster and harder hitting than others. People will still use QGJ, Poe, FOTP, Rey, and Geonosian Soldier because they are simply better than other characters.
  • Options

Saying fights lasting 15 seconds is fallacious. People have and will resort to stalling teams.

The lack of diversity could be from many. Characters that outperform others is the real problem. Giving Rey more HP isn't going to solve the problem of her being faster and harder hitting than others. People will still use QGJ, Poe, FOTP, Rey, and Geonosian Soldier because they are simply better than other characters.

Not very. I'm a very small spender, and even then my fights are done within 30 secs easy, 45 tops unless I'm stalling just before 6.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Saying fights lasting 15 seconds is fallacious.
    No, it isn't. I've seen screenshots of fights with 15 or 20 seconds elapsed from 5:00 and 3 of their guys are dead and the other two are red-barred, while the enemy is full, buffed and there's a taunt up. The fight is over.
    Characters that outperform others is the real problem. Giving Rey more HP isn't going to solve the problem of her being faster and harder hitting than others. People will still use QGJ, Poe, FOTP, Rey, and Geonosian Soldier because they are simply better than other characters.
    Yes, and why are they better than other characters? Because the game is unbalanced in favor of speed and high DPS while defense and armor are mostly meaningless. That's the entire point.
    They can make defense matter without going to your straw man extremes of "everyone uses 5 healer sets and no one wins."
    I can't remember the last time I fought an arena team that wasn't some combination of droids, one-shotters, mass-AoE and Poe. It is excruciatingly boring.
  • Options
    No, it isn't. I've seen screenshots of fights with 15 or 20 seconds elapsed from 5:00 and 3 of their guys are dead and the other two are red-barred, while the enemy is full, buffed and there's a taunt up. The fight is over.
    Characters that outperform others is the real problem. Giving Rey more HP isn't going to solve the problem of her being faster and harder hitting than others. People will still use QGJ, Poe, FOTP, Rey, and Geonosian Soldier because they are simply better than other characters.
    Yes, and why are they better than other characters? Because the game is unbalanced in favor of speed and high DPS while defense and armor are mostly meaningless. That's the entire point.
    They can make defense matter without going to your straw man extremes of "everyone uses 5 healer sets and no one wins."
    I can't remember the last time I fought an arena team that wasn't some combination of droids, one-shotters, mass-AoE and Poe. It is excruciatingly boring.

Hey my droids rule lol. Seriously though... I tried different combos before going Poggle, Poe, droids rout. Couldn't break into top 100 at all. Now I'm fighting top 10. 13 I think last night, could have been higher but I was sniped down. Tried an ability block team, heavy aoe team... Only thing that worked was speed and dps
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

We have already seen 3+ healer sets in arena that were designed to stall out the arena clock. I don't think its in another galaxy of thought to assume if you increase HP and healing, we will be back to stalling set ups.
    The problem with your point is that you explain it as a matter of absolutes. White or black, with no grey.
    If they raise HP by 1%, the game wont stall, but you don't solve the 1HKO teams. If they raise it by 1000%, it'll be imposible to kill anything. But some where in the middle there is s point where the HP increase removes the one hit no, but not big enough to stall the game
  • Options

It sounds like you are in a cookie cutter leader board. I face counter attack teams and stun teams quite frequently.

There really isn't a point in defensive teams for arena. You just need to reach your target point before 6 PM. In spite of that, there are still ways to set up a good defensive team.