Darth Nihilus

Truckin
25 posts Member
I would simply just like to put it in the forums that it would be nice to be able to shard for Nihilus without having to purchase a Pack in the shop for the next 27 days or so and only be provided with about 5 shards. Put him in GW or Arena, Fleet Shipments or something....just simply requesting.
Thanks,
Truckin

Replies

• Options
    Yeah, i bougt about 14 of those packs and NEVER did bettern than 5 shards each. That sucks. I did figure that would happen when doing them but it diesnt make it not suck.
  • Truckin
    25 posts Member
    Options
    I agree! Come on devs don't make us wait two to three months or longer to be able to shard for this character....!
  • Options
    Oh they will make us wait. The almighty $$$.
  • Options
    Yeah, i bougt about 14 of those packs and NEVER did bettern than 5 shards each. That sucks. I did figure that would happen when doing them but it diesnt make it not suck.
    You and me both man, honesty I think they lie about the 30 or make it a 0.05% chance which makes it a mockery of a chance and therefore a complete lie. I got mine to 5* +20
  • scuba
    14070 posts Member
    Options
    Dev's previously provided information on this

Will go some where in about 3 months

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/91791/character-release-cadence#latest
  • Options
    Well as long as they provide a way to shard for them.....
  • Options
    Oh they will make us wait. The almighty $$$.
    Yup, I expect another attempt to fool us into believing you can get 30 shards in a pack in the future.
  • Options
    Agreed. I bought several packs and only received 5 shards per pack.....flat out lie regarding the 30 shards.
  • scuba
    14070 posts Member
    Options
    Truckin wrote: »
    Agreed. I bought several packs and only received 5 shards per pack.....flat out lie regarding the 30 shards.

That is because someone with a higher player id took your chance
  • Cord
    29 posts Member
    Options
    FYI. You really don't need toons at 7* for them to be effective. Maxed gear an ability coupled with the right mods work just as well for Star power.
  • Options
    Cord wrote: »
    FYI. You really don't need toons at 7* for them to be effective. Maxed gear an ability coupled with the right mods work just as well for Star power.

Indeed, especially since he gets insane HP/Protection with only tier 8 gear without being an actual 'Tank'.
  • Options

Only thing is they can't be used in Heroic Raids.
  • Truckin
    25 posts Member
    Options

OH I totally agree! I just would like to have him to 7* and the other new characters as well....kind of feels like an unfinished book until they are....I think if they were offered the ability should be there without having to spend tons of diamonds. However, yes, I do agree with your statement.
    Truckin
  • Truckin
    25 posts Member
    Options

Only thing is they can't be used in Heroic Raids.

This is my other reason.....I would also like that ability to use the character in raids.......
  • Options

Mario would disagree
  • Truckin
    25 posts Member
    Options
    Well, like I said....I want the ability to get him to seven stars....an I don't think we should have to wait 3-4 months just to have the ability to get 5 or so here and there.....but this is just a request.
  • scuba
    14070 posts Member
    Options
    Well, like I said....I want the ability to get him to seven stars....an I don't think we should have to wait 3-4 months just to have the ability to get 5 or so here and there.....but this is just a request.

Well you have the ability to get him to 7* now. You are just choosing not too.
  • Truckin
    25 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Uh, yeah, thanks.....perhaps read the original post...?
  • scuba
    14070 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

I did. My statement still stands true and takes your original statement into account.
  • Truckin
    25 posts Member
    Options

I did.

Sure.
  • scuba
    14070 posts Member
    Options

I did.

Sure.

Considering that was my 3rd post to this thread.. yup I did.
  • Truckin
    25 posts Member
    Options
    Then that doesn't make sense....whole reason I started the post was a request to shard other than spending over 1000 diamonds for just 5 shards. If you have that many diamonds to get him to 7*? Great...some of us don't so that's not really practical at all. So.....yeah.
  • Darlex11
    235 posts Member
    Options
    So the complaint is that you are not willing to pay the price premium to get him 7*earlier. It isn't about getting him to 7*, since you admit to knowing the devs have worked that into the character release schedule. Its about not wanting to pay for the early access. Considering that many of the characters in the game took over a year to get to the free to play crowd I dont know that you are going to get much sympathy to your cause. Especially when much of your argument just comes across as begging and/or entitlement demands.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

Yep - I crossed a sith team in arena, that had a 4* Nihilus, but he had good mods (health mods with speed components) as well as good gear level (11 at least I think) - that team gave me a run for my money and Nihilus was starting to one shot my team too.

When a toon can only be 4* and that effective competitively, then the Devs are turning out OP toons in my opinion - same goes for the Rogue One rebel toons.

Just to add, I know new toons are being assigned to shops or nodes after they have their chromium time. However, I am f2p and I saved my crystals for a Nihilus pack only to get the bog-standard 5 shards - not even enough to get him to 4* - crazy.
  • Options
    Darlex11 wrote: »
    So the complaint is that you are not willing to pay the price premium to get him 7*earlier. It isn't about getting him to 7*, since you admit to knowing the devs have worked that into the character release schedule. Its about not wanting to pay for the early access. Considering that many of the characters in the game took over a year to get to the free to play crowd I dont know that you are going to get much sympathy to your cause. Especially when much of your argument just comes across as begging and/or entitlement demands.

It was simply a request that it not take a year for this character or some of the newly released characters to take a year for sharding. That's all. No demands here as they won't be responded to anyway. So no....I'm not demanding anything I am simply asking please don't take that long. Jesus...