Never thought I'd miss Wiggando

2Next

Replies

• Options
    But really bored of getting my **** kicked by Palp, RG, 5s, Vader and Bariss.

RG seems to be gaining health as I hit him. As soon as I can cleanse his taunt, Bariss has healed everyone. Palp stuns me out of every other turn and Vader's just there for the occasional cutting blade instakill.

I gave up on GW a while ago, but today this was on node 9 and cut through 8 of my teams without losing a man. My A team is zQGJ lead, Aaylaa, JKA, Yoda and Ashoka - most g11.

Is balance that hard?!

I used to be in the same boat as you. I think the problem is running Jedi. When I started playing I ran and farmed Jedi even though everyone said to farm rebels. I'm only level 78 though, and didn't have aaylaa or jka though. I ran Qgj, lumi, mace, yoda, and Ahsoka. Could crack top 50 if I was lucky but would fall out of top 100 almost daily and would always stall out on n11-12 on GW.

Then I made the switch. Now I run Vader, shore, TFP, boba, and maul/savage depending on opponent. Sometimes I sub in ahsoka or Qgj for the 5th spot. I can now get top 20 in arena, rarely falling out of top 50 overnight, and I beat GW daily.

I know this doesn't help with the balance problem, and for a long time I was thick headed and kept thinking my Jedi team was good because I was getting top 100-50. My new squad is way better though, the aoe and dps can't be matched by the Jedi.

I really hate the idea of meta-chasing. There should be more than one viable team setup. I prefer a game of skill, not who's got the right team with the best speed mods.

It's taken me so long to get my Jedi to this gear level (I'm FTP these days) so the idea of having to start over already is really deflating. I guess that's the name of the game though, huh?

I've yet to unlock the stage 9 missions, but I'm having problems 3* a couple of the LS 8 hard nodes. I'm afraid the Jedi won't cut it for 9B so I can finish farming shore to 6 and then 7*. Luckily I've been farming wiggs and AA for emperors demise. I have Luke and bistan to go with it. I doubt that beats 9B either though.
  • Options
    "wiggando"? sigh.. simply amazing
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    spotremix wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    it has never been the intention of the devs to bring the balance you seek, so whether it's "that hard" or not is irrelevant.
    It's all about farming and gearing the right characters, wich apparently you're struggling with.

you are correct and i would add it's also about your intention in the game and or arena.

as you know i claim to be the least competitive person you will ever meet. and as you know i think the game is unbalanced because of speed mods. but look at the angle i'm coming from.

not being competitive arena becomes hard to me because i'm more interested in just having fun with toons i like. when you step in arena against a team full of synergies and speed mods it becomes no fun and seems hard to me because i barely get a shot.

all i want is fairly balance battles where we all get turns and it comes down to who has the most powerful toons. none of this speed where i barely blink and 3 of my toons are gone before i get to even have one turn. the battles are over before they begin and thats just not fun.

A few points:

1) I am not competitive either, I just like to win a lot. ;)

2) Speed is part of "power". If it wasn't, then teams would be all tanks. There are a lot of factors that determine how well a team "works" (you know this) - but you can't decide "okay, we'll keep damage, but let's not count synergy or speed" - at least not in arena. That's kind of the point in arena - everyone puts out their best team (power, damage, speed, synergy, etc.).

3) If you really want to go up against teams without speed mods or that don't have goo synergy, then there are always the LS/DS and Cantina nodes - and GW to a point.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options

RG seems to be gaining health as I hit him. As soon as I can cleanse his taunt, Bariss has healed everyone. Palp stuns me out of every other turn and Vader's just there for the occasional cutting blade instakill.

I gave up on GW a while ago, but today this was on node 9 and cut through 8 of my teams without losing a man. My A team is zQGJ lead, Aaylaa, JKA, Yoda and Ashoka - most g11.

Is balance that hard?!

I used to be in the same boat as you. I think the problem is running Jedi. When I started playing I ran and farmed Jedi even though everyone said to farm rebels. I'm only level 78 though, and didn't have aaylaa or jka though. I ran Qgj, lumi, mace, yoda, and Ahsoka. Could crack top 50 if I was lucky but would fall out of top 100 almost daily and would always stall out on n11-12 on GW.

Then I made the switch. Now I run Vader, shore, TFP, boba, and maul/savage depending on opponent. Sometimes I sub in ahsoka or Qgj for the 5th spot. I can now get top 20 in arena, rarely falling out of top 50 overnight, and I beat GW daily.

I know this doesn't help with the balance problem, and for a long time I was thick headed and kept thinking my Jedi team was good because I was getting top 100-50. My new squad is way better though, the aoe and dps can't be matched by the Jedi.

I really hate the idea of meta-chasing. There should be more than one viable team setup. I prefer a game of skill, not who's got the right team with the best speed mods.

It's taken me so long to get my Jedi to this gear level (I'm FTP these days) so the idea of having to start over already is really deflating. I guess that's the name of the game though, huh?

OMG finally another player who feels EXACTLY how i feel.

i was beginning to think i was the only person who hated the meta.

the funny thing is the toons i have always chosen to play supposedly are the meta in some shards now. i've ran sith from day one of playing. you wouldn't know it in my shard though because as i said my shard is still stuck on wiggando.

i refuse to give into the meta/speed side.

• spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    it has never been the intention of the devs to bring the balance you seek, so whether it's "that hard" or not is irrelevant.
    It's all about farming and gearing the right characters, wich apparently you're struggling with.

you are correct and i would add it's also about your intention in the game and or arena.

as you know i claim to be the least competitive person you will ever meet. and as you know i think the game is unbalanced because of speed mods. but look at the angle i'm coming from.

not being competitive arena becomes hard to me because i'm more interested in just having fun with toons i like. when you step in arena against a team full of synergies and speed mods it becomes no fun and seems hard to me because i barely get a shot.

all i want is fairly balance battles where we all get turns and it comes down to who has the most powerful toons. none of this speed where i barely blink and 3 of my toons are gone before i get to even have one turn. the battles are over before they begin and thats just not fun.

A few points:

1) I am not competitive either, I just like to win a lot. ;)

2) Speed is part of "power". If it wasn't, then teams would be all tanks. There are a lot of factors that determine how well a team "works" (you know this) - but you can't decide "okay, we'll keep damage, but let's not count synergy or speed" - at least not in arena. That's kind of the point in arena - everyone puts out their best team (power, damage, speed, synergy, etc.).

3) If you really want to go up against teams without speed mods or that don't have goo synergy, then there are always the LS/DS and Cantina nodes - and GW to a point.

#3 is where i spend 99% of my time when playing the game. occasionally i check into arena to see if anything has changed but it never does so i check less and less.

arena and ships are the 2 things i would never miss if removed.

• Options
    NovaPrime wrote: »

Is balance that hard?!

You are taking Jedi against a squad that overpowers Jedi. You need to diversify your squads. I could beat this team easily with my Empire team or Rebels team or my Mix team of Phasma, Rey, SF, Rex, and Fives.

Thanks - but as I said, I did try with 8 different teams. Unfortunately, only my jedi are max level and geared that far. My empire team are all in the late 70s and geared around 8 or 9 and they got wiped in two turns. I don't have rebels. My clone squad is early 70s and not well geared.

That is your problem then. You have only focused on taking your Jedi to the max level and need to build up the rest of your characters. I would start farming Rebels ASAP so you can get The Emperor and have a strong Empire team. With their vast amounts of usefulness I do not understand how you have ignored Rebels.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options

Is balance that hard?!

You are taking Jedi against a squad that overpowers Jedi. You need to diversify your squads. I could beat this team easily with my Empire team or Rebels team or my Mix team of Phasma, Rey, SF, Rex, and Fives.

Thanks - but as I said, I did try with 8 different teams. Unfortunately, only my jedi are max level and geared that far. My empire team are all in the late 70s and geared around 8 or 9 and they got wiped in two turns. I don't have rebels. My clone squad is early 70s and not well geared.

That is your problem then. You have only focused on taking your Jedi to the max level and need to build up the rest of your characters. I would start farming Rebels ASAP so you can get The Emperor and have a strong Empire team. With their vast amounts of usefulness I do not understand how you have ignored Rebels.

i wouldn't call it a problem because not everyone is hell bent on being number one and keeping up with the joneses.

i assume he has spent all his time building up his jedi because that's what he likes. i did/do the same thing only with sith. yes i have built up a few rebels to get my EP but that is literally the only time i have ever used them and once i complete tiers 6 and 7 of the EP event it's by by rebels. i'd sell them or donate them if i could. they just aren't fun to play with for me.
  • Options
    @NovaPrime - I agree and think they found their own problem. You will struggle to beat Node 9, 11 and 12 and sometimes even Node 6 if you do not have a deep squad that is geared and leveled near your A Squad.

In the early days of my playing, I cruised through GW. But as I built up my arena squad, it became tougher to beat these nodes. I followed the advice on the forum and built up different factions (which I was doing anyway). The data that some have shown on how the nodes are set up was eye opening.

NovaPrime gives good advice about the rebels to get EP. I was struggling to beat GW again recently, but I now run with a 6* EP (7* should be in a couple days :smile: ).

I would also advise having a strong droid squad. Whenever I encounter a tough node with a squad like the OP described, I bring in the droids. I usually lose a few, or sometimes the whole squad. They are high speed and deal damage (especially 88 and 86). I pick a target and destroy that toon, and then the next. In this case, I would target Barriss until RG taunts. By then, Barriss is low on health and hope I can get IG88's AOE to fire off before she heals. If I only eliminated Barriss and knocked of RGs protection, I would call it a win. Then I bring my A squad back in to clean up. I always save 5's for the last to avoid the counterattack.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick!" Theodore Roosevelt. "You know that's right!" Rey
  • Options

Is balance that hard?!

Vast amounts of

Is balance that hard?!

Was always given the advice to focus on one team and get that geared up. So I did.

Rebels are just really, really boring.

Gah, all this looks like I'm saying "wah wah, my jedi arent viable" but I don't think that's what I mean. I hope not anyway.
    I just want there to be a way around the meta team, a way of out-playing the AI. Something I just need to figure out. You know? Watching team after team be torn to bits without me being able to do anything is just crap. That's not a game, that's just... I don't know what that is.
  • Options
    And if I do farm rebels, unlock Palp and muster a good empire team. By the time I do, Nilly will be leading a new sith meta that makes Empire no longer viable.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    And if I do farm rebels, unlock Palp and muster a good empire team. By the time I do, Nilly will be leading a new sith meta that makes Empire no longer viable.

good thing palpi is also a sith then ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

good thing palpi is also a sith then ;)

Good point! #facepalm :)
  • Options

Stay strong, brother!

VIVA LA RESISTANCE
  • Options
    I totally destroy Wiggando with my Tievadbotinerg.
  • Options

Is balance that hard?!

Vast amounts of

Is balance that hard?!

Was always given the advice to focus on one team and get that geared up. So I did.

Gah, all this looks like I'm saying "wah wah, my jedi arent viable" but I don't think that's what I mean. I hope not anyway.
    I just want there to be a way around the meta team, a way of out-playing the AI. Something I just need to figure out. You know? Watching team after team be torn to bits without me being able to do anything is just ****. That's not a game, that's just... I don't know what that is.

I don't see Rebels as boring when they are also used in Ships. I get your point that you want a way around the current Meta, but in reality you are stuck in the old Meta of Jedi being top dog and complaining that you can't compete anymore. The game evolved and better options are out there. You have to adapt.
  • Options

Is balance that hard?!

Vast amounts of

Is balance that hard?!

I just want there to be a way around the meta team, a way of out-playing the AI. Something I just need to figure out. You know? Watching team after team be torn to bits without me being able to do anything is just ****. That's not a game, that's just... I don't know what that is.

I don't see Rebels as boring when they are also used in Ships. I get your point that you want a way around the current Meta, but in reality you are stuck in the old Meta of Jedi being top dog and complaining that you can't compete anymore. The game evolved and better options are out there. You have to adapt.

I didn't know Jedi had ever been meta - it's been rebels since I started (Nov, I think).

You're saying I have to 'adapt', but what you mean is pretty much 'start again'.

As for being competitive, I want a challenge, not a fight that I don't stand a chance on. I guess I'm probably in the wrong but given that I have a team of good jedi, well geared and modded, I think I should at least stand a fighting chance. I don't mind getting beaten, but give me a slim hope.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Stay strong, brother!

VIVA LA RESISTANCE

resistance is a fun team to play with :O
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

Is balance that hard?!

Vast amounts of

Is balance that hard?!

I didn't know Jedi had ever been meta - it's been rebels since I started (Nov, I think).

You're saying I have to 'adapt', but what you mean is pretty much 'start again'.

As for being competitive, I want a challenge, not a fight that I don't stand a chance on. I guess I'm probably in the wrong but given that I have a team of good jedi, well geared and modded, I think I should at least stand a fighting chance. I don't mind getting beaten, but give me a slim hope.

I don't view it as "starting again" Did you only start playing the game with the sole purpose being to develop one team and have that one team be your only good team? Because that is not the game. The game is having a roster full of strong characters. Sorry your Jedi are not able to beat or compete with every single team the game can throw at you.
  • Gimpyviper
    31 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Not sure if the team you're running against is using EP lead but you should avoid sending in a Jedi or Rebel team against EP lead. -32% pot and evasion makes a big difference. Your own Empire/EP team or Clones would be better. Empire/EP/Sith if Barriss is Zeta'd, shock Barriss and take her down slowly, stun to keep her from healing herself. If she's not then Clones esp Zody or even both if you have to.

Also as some have mentioned don't forget (if you're not doing it) to warm up multiple teams on Nodes 1-3.

Once you get further in the game you really need to have multiple powerful teams to finish GW consistently. The dev's have done a good job of building characters to the point now where there isn't just a single team that lays waste to everyone, there's generally ways to counter each team you may run into now.

I have three teams that can, provided they don't run into their counter team, solo GW. I warm each one up on the first three nodes and then usually run Nodes 4-10 with my Rebel team (heh Wiggsando) usually by 11 or 12 it's an empire team, which I then swap in my Clones to take out EP leads and usually since I have Zody they can run it the rest of the way. If they die off its usually leaving only 3 or less toons in Node 12 in which case I then send in my zQGJ lead Jedi to mop up, or if I wasn't able to kill off EP I'll send in my Empire team with a pre-taunter.

It can be a challenge to build multiple arena/GW Node 12 level teams, esp if you're F2P but the days of leaning on just your Arena team for everything are long over. Plus building multiple teams can only help you out with heroic AAT.

This game, above all else is a test of patience in resource management LOL.
    (In game - Veran - Officer of ALLIΔNCE Nu)
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options

Stay strong, brother!

VIVA LA RESISTANCE

yeah i know the true competitive answer to my arena problem but i refuse to go that route.

i guarentee i'm having way more fun than the guys who are so competitive they are so wrapped up in the meta and what will put them number 1.

QOL updates are a nice idea but i don't stress, worry, or fuss with that stuff anyway.

i relax and just have fun. i let the game come to me.