Are Vader Shards being limited to users that are close to leveling him up?

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Update for posterity. I just got another 5 shards after refreshing fleet store twice. That's 12 shards now in 24 hours. (And got the 7* Vader. Womp womp)
  • HorishBathens
    631 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Daesyn wrote: »
    Went from 93-100 in two days so.... no?

All of the people posting facts like the above, please stop - you are totally messing up the OP's narrative!! He's trying to prove his anecdote - and all this data to the contrary is not helping at all!!

:D

And you're trying to prove your position by quoting anecdotal evidence like you did above. No difference. You do the same things you accuse others of doing all the time, but it's ok if it's inline with your position. Right?
  • Options
    Roadburn12 wrote: »
    just a myth, theres no proof that appearance rates alter as you progress

I guess they phase though - I had a dry spell of Slave 1 then shard after shard when I came close to unlocking
    Nozone2016 wrote: »
    I'm not saying it's not the case for some people, but for me I had him at 6* (about midway through) and I've been buying most shards from ships when I see him and he's now 75/100 (inc. a few from shard shop).

He is rare for me but I see him usually every 2-3 days (I don't refresh), normally either 12pm GMT or around 9pm GMT

Ok just revisiting this as since I got him to 80 (I think I bought some either the same day or day after I posted this, I've not seen him at all since! But, I'm still thinking it rng, I probably had dry spells in the past just not noticed
  • Options
    In the past 12 days since I got him to 7*, I saw him appear in fleet store at least 3 or 4 times.
  • Options
    In the past 12 days since I got him to 7*, I saw him appear in fleet store at least 3 or 4 times.

Haha yeah. It's probably just confirmation bias on my part but that'll be frustrating either way. The only shards I've had for him in the last 12 days were from an achievement (can't remember which but it was 5)
  • Options
    at least there are the assault battles events, so if you haven't done those that's a good 10 shards
  • Synergy
    140 posts Member
    Options
    2 days before my first assault battles I went from 80->85->90 within 4 shipments (so DV showed up twice).

Collected 10 DV shards from assault battles achievement. Boom 7*
  • Options
    happened to me too, its not that uncommon. Got to 90 and then weeks for a sighting. Same with a few ships, bistan, rex, and a couple other toons.

Maybe its a coincidence. Im not a lucky man so lets attribute all that to bad luck.
  • Options
    It seems like we have this conversation on the forums every other day now lol
  • Options
    Exletion wrote: »
    It seems like we have this conversation on the forums every other day now lol

Lol, yes we do.
  • Nozone2016
    370 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Final update from me...

Vader showed up yesterday in my midday refresh so I was able to take him to 7*. Since then he has appeared in EVERY fleet refresh (so, 3 I think?), and at least 2 shards in Shard Shop each refresh (4 max). I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories but I think this one probably has some merit to it (initially I was dubious but as you can see from my posts I took note of what was happening as I approached 7*). Ok, could still be bad RNG, but for so many people to find themselves in this situation I do wonder.

Anyway, it doesn't particularly bother me as he would have got to 7* sooner or later anyway (couple of achievements I'm close to completing which would have took me there)

EDIT: And he's back again in fleet after arena payout lol
    Post edited by Nozone2016 on
  • Options
    Chop this post up to a conspiracy since all I ever see is Vader shards but I can never afford the **** things. My experience contradicts your whole post.

It's Chalk not Chop. As in Score or Tally. Scoreboards used to all be Chalkboards.