Are Vader Shards being limited to users that are close to leveling him up?

Replies

• Options
    just a myth, theres no proof that appearance rates alter as you progress
  • Options
    Mine is 60 shards to 7*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Or just greed, and easy algorithms to reduce frequency to increase the number of dollars spent.

Or, try Googling "Occam's Razor" since you didn't like confirmation bias.

I have a 7* Vader. Bought the last 5 in fleet shipments, a few hours after getting 1 from GW. Sorry if my facts don't help your hypothesis.

If you think EA is above manipulating drop rates to push more sales, you're kidding yourself. Also, you're using you're confirmation bias to support your assertion that he is a victim of confirmation bias.
  • Options
    Jawa_pawpaw, every player I have in my guild that have gotten him to 7 stars have complained about the same thing. As well they also commented as soon as he was at 7* all of the sudden he would show up frequently again.

Google the words "confirmation bias". Your answer, you will find. ;)

Finally someone who gets it. Is it me or is it getting worse lately on the forums?

We need kozispoon to cover this with a proper meme that can be reposted every time.

The tinfoil hats are getting stronger!
  • Options
    Jawa_pawpaw, every player I have in my guild that have gotten him to 7 stars have complained about the same thing. As well they also commented as soon as he was at 7* all of the sudden he would show up frequently again.

Finally someone who gets it. Is it me or is it getting worse lately on the forums?

We need kozispoon to cover this with a proper meme that can be reposted every time.

You also happen to be suffering from confirmation bias, btw.
  • Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    Options

Kyno wrote: »
    The evil genius Dave from accounting strikes again!!!!

Everyone grab your tinfoil hats.

Yeah let's face it, you have no idea if these kinds of things are manipulated, stop acting so certain and as if we are being crazy.. your opinion is welcome but your word is as good as anyones, and to be honest your complete ruling it out and actually calling it a conspiracy (lol) only makes me think you guys are a little naive/foolish, as horish said if you think its beyond EA to do this type of stuff that's very gullible. Like have you even played EA games? It's very possible if not exactly the type of thing they do and the fact is you have no idea.

I see stuff like this all the time. Many 'amazing coincidences'. I did Vader through shard shop before fleet shipments, I ended up literally predicting when he would appear with ridiculous accuracy and predicted 2 sets of 2 Vader shards two or three times. I've also predicted so many times full scanners from rancor. I feel it's not rng and all your droprates and gear and mods and just everything are all manipulated to try and make you spend. We have no facts on this so we all go off our experience and feeling of EA games. If I hadn't had so many 'coincidences' I would probably believe they weren't manipulated, but I have so it seems to me they manipulate a lot of stuff. And Why would they let me get what I need for free? No point.

That's my opinion and there is and have been a lot more reasons for me to believe it than yours and 'no it's a conspiracy and you're doing confirmation biassesness!'

Nyumkayyyy
  • Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    Options
    Roadburn12 wrote: »

There's no proof they don't, so thats a myth too
  • Options
    Whenever RNG is involved people lose their minds when they don't get what they want or expect. It's random, people...

I've had Slave I shards elude me for weeks then show up four times in two days. It happens.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Unimatrix010
    483 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

You also happen to be suffering from confirmation bias, btw.

We all do. The point is to make yourself aware of it, which can be very tricky. Once you realize it, it's blatantly obvious though. And you still have to correct your behavior all the time.

And I'm glad you realized it - that was the intent with my post and you spotted it like a sniper! Nice one.
  • Roadburn12
    542 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Cardiff0 wrote: »
    Roadburn12 wrote: »

There's no proof they don't, so thats a myth too
    True True,however because the common held idea is that it is all RNG the burden of proof rests on the accuser on this one
  • Options
    I'm 3 shards away from 7*. I'd say about 3 weeks ago I got him to 6*. Aside from some achievements here and there I've gotten all my shards from fleet shipments. I just got my latest 5 shards just an hour ago when I refreshed. I honestly didn't think it was that rare to see his shards (usually they pop up every few days). But now that I'm at 97/100 who knows how long the last few will be lol
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I'm 3 shards away from 7*. I'd say about 3 weeks ago I got him to 6*. Aside from some achievements here and there I've gotten all my shards from fleet shipments. I just got my latest 5 shards just an hour ago when I refreshed. I honestly didn't think it was that rare to see his shards (usually they pop up every few days). But now that I'm at 97/100 who knows how long the last few will be lol

I'm going to guess probably a few days. But if it's longer, it proves nothing, and if it's tomorrow, it proves nothing either....because any of the three would be....random.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    The vader shards always appear in the same spot. Row 4, left position. He shares that spot with other characters, Akbar, Grevious, Mace Windu, Tarkin.

Which one you get is random and the outcome seems highly weighted towards the Admirals. I would guess about 30% Akbar, 30% Windu, 30% Tarkin, 5% Grevious, 5% Vader.

There is no conspiracy. Just RNG.

The shop refreshes 3 times a day, and you can always buy more with crystals. Be patient and it will come.
  • Options

I'm going to guess probably a few days. But if it's longer, it proves nothing, and if it's tomorrow, it proves nothing either....because any of the three would be....random.

Yeah I think it's fully random, and my luck may be just good. I really don't think there's some kind of conspiracy. TBH, who cares about being 15/100 as opposed to being 99/100? People naturally get anxious when they are close to a goal. But who knows, maybe some people just have lousy luck
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Yeah let's face it, you have no idea if these kinds of things are manipulated, stop acting so certain and as if we are being crazy.. your opinion is welcome but your word is as good as anyones, and to be honest your complete ruling it out and actually calling it a conspiracy (lol) only makes me think you guys are a little naive/foolish, as horish said if you think its beyond EA to do this type of stuff that's very gullible. Like have you even played EA games? It's very possible if not exactly the type of thing they do and the fact is you have no idea.

I see stuff like this all the time. Many 'amazing coincidences'. I did Vader through shard shop before fleet shipments, I ended up literally predicting when he would appear with ridiculous accuracy and predicted 2 sets of 2 Vader shards two or three times. I've also predicted so many times full scanners from rancor. I feel it's not rng and all your droprates and gear and mods and just everything are all manipulated to try and make you spend. We have no facts on this so we all go off our experience and feeling of EA games. If I hadn't had so many 'coincidences' I would probably believe they weren't manipulated, but I have so it seems to me they manipulate a lot of stuff. And Why would they let me get what I need for free? No point.

That's my opinion and there is and have been a lot more reasons for me to believe it than yours and 'no it's a conspiracy and you're doing confirmation biassesness!'

Nyumkayyyy

I have spent money in the past because I wanted to. I don't really have a desire to due to the increasing cost and previously unpredictable manor of toons being released. Any manipulation of the drop rates or anything appearing in a shop should not sway someone to spend, and if it does they would have anyway.

If I were as convinced as you and other seem to be that they would put effort into some sort of algorithmic method of restrictions anything to force me to spend I would probably stop playing.

I would like to point out that it is a conspiracy theory because no one is showing any proof, no one is tracking these things. It's a bunch of people saying that my guild and a friend of a friend is having the same experience as me.

This is not born of naivety, I just don't try to follow baseless claims

Nyumkayyyy

Sorry I just don't see it. Can you explain the path from less Vader shards to spending money? Sure you could refresh the shop, but 50 crystals really isn't going to break the back of any f2p, and isn't making them any money.

This game more then many has a good system to give free crystals to players, and if managed well can help you advance to better and better rewards. This game is a marathon and so many droprates are scaled as such. There have been some posts showing data to contradict what you say, but they are probably in on the conspiracy...
  • Options
    I unlocked GG and promoted him to 5* early on, as well as 7*-ing my Vader, and I have noticed both of those do seem to appear a lot less nowadays than they used to. I have also 7*-ed Darth Maul thanks to Guild/Fleet shipments, and it seemed like he was more rare early on as opposed to seeing him more frequently lately. It has to just be RNG, I can't imagine this is something nefarious and believe me, I'm so bored at the moment that I'd love to!
  • Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    Options
    What is this conspiracy you all seem to be so wary of? 'EA does something to try and make more money' should not be a shock to you by now. You guys seem to agree that other stuff is wildly expensive, you agree that other things are meant to be deceptive, what's new here?

The only fact here is that none of you know about if drops are manipulated, that's for **** sure. You are not devs or EA decision makers, we have no data about something like this, nor any facts, we just don't know. All you have is any logical reasons you can give, and your own 'rng' experience which by the way, sounds to me to be pretty subject to confirmation bias you guys like so much anyway. So since all of you and me have zero evidence outside of personal experience, which no one other than ourselves will find valid, we only have reasons.... and if you have no reason to believe something then.... why do you believe it...

So please, if this is such a big conspiracy, give me any reason to believe drops aren't manipulated. I mean... your only reason to believe they don't manipulate any drops...is what... an assumption that EA doesn't do that? I don't think you can give any reasons, so are you really so certain nothing is manipulated, but have what... only your personal experience to back it up? Or not even that suggests no manipulation you just assume it's not done?

I have given you the reason that it's profitable to do so (aka the great conspiracy), you give me any reason you like in return... I mean even with all the disagreement and crazy conspiracy talk I'm still yet to see in this thread even one person give any reason why EA wouldn't manipulate drop rates. Have whatever opinion you want, but Im very surprised you all think this is so far fetched and I can't believe you guys have played this game or any EA games
  • Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    Options
    I agree he should be patient and they'll come soon. Now when it comes to any discussion of droprates I think you shouldn't assume to know anything is not manipulated. Actually I know you don't know that, and to me, I can only think you guys are being naive about it. But unlike a lot of you guys Im not claiming to know for sure if it's just rng, we don't know, we're talking opinions here, and I reckon EA controls your drops a lot.
  • Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno I will answer you bro one sec
  • Options
    Or just greed, and easy algorithms to reduce frequency to increase the number of dollars spent.

Or, try Googling "Occam's Razor" since you didn't like confirmation bias.

I have a 7* Vader. Bought the last 5 in fleet shipments, a few hours after getting 1 from GW. Sorry if my facts don't help your hypothesis.

If you think EA is above manipulating drop rates to push more sales, you're kidding yourself. Also, you're using you're confirmation bias to support your assertion that he is a victim of confirmation bias.

They would never do that. I mean look at the sith packs, when they say 5-30 shards that is what they mean. Or the raid... great chance to drop full gear.

Nyumkayyyy

Well let's compare this to other ea games. In the simpsons tapped out, $20, or $50 worth of donuts actually get you content. $100 will buy you all the content for an event usually. In this game $20 gets you 10 shards. $250-$1500+ gets you a character or two.
  • Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno No one is showing any proof that drops are just rng and not controlled in any way either. Like you said there is no proof, so if you don't want to follow baseless claims then there is no reason to believe they just leave drops and packs and refreshes and such as random. It's just as baseless and has nothing behind it. We dont know if it's just an rng drop. We don't know if they have some sort of logic to try and control drops and make you spend more, but I think it's very likely - this isn't something EA wouldn't do, and we know they try to make money, I believe for sure theyd do this, so why not do it if you can and you believe it works. Based on that and my personal experience with 'rng' I believe they mess with the drops. I made an opinion based on what I know, like you have if you truly believe they don't mess with drops, and neither of us can give a fact, so neither is really any more conspiracy or baseless than the other. It's just opinions on what we think is going on. However I feel this makes more sense and that to think they wouldn't do this is what's naive. TBH I am happy to be a conspiracist, I just don't think what we are saying is really at all far fetched.

As to why controlling drops makes you spend idk how to explain it and I wrote enough already.... I guess when you need something and you havent got it you either
    1. Buy it
    2. Are frustrated. Frustration wears your patience and then you want the things and you want them now so I guess it looks something like -

(Patience - frustration) x cool stuff = -money

I'm jesting but yes I do believe manipulating drop rates to what you need makes many people want and need to buy stuff. All these games are built on patience vs money, you know that, controlling drops in some way can only add to this, so why not do it. That is what a gear/mod etc. grind is anyway, this just adds some more grind and some frustration.

I don't know how successful this kind of stuff is in reality or about long term/short term but it fits what I know about EA's tactics. Maybe they are making a mistake and could be maximising profits a different way, maybe they have it bang on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Cardiff0

Online gambling, electronic slot machines (or any electronic gambling machine) are all driven by drop rates that are fixed and they produce plenty of losers, and hot streaks and cold streaks.

It just seems odd for then to go 1 step further and float drop rates under the assumption it will increase income.

Being that this was in reference to vader shards there is no direct path from this method to income. You can't buy vader shards, you can't buy the currency used to get vader shards. Even crystals can't get you closer (except for refreshes and maybe indirectly by buying ships to improve ship ranking )

There have been several posts regarding long term tracking of drop rates, and obviously you need to take them with a grain of salt but they are our there. Most recent one is "I have tracked 2000 drops" or something like that.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    So last night I mentioned I was at 92/100 but got another 5 shards in the fleet store. Then the shard shop showed another 2 which took me up 99/100 in less than 24 hours. Add to that I was at 6* a few weeks ago, so I really don't think it's a conspiracy. Maybe I'm lucky (but I wasn't lucky with DN when I had to pay for packs that dropped only 5 shards each time until 7*).

TLDR: don't think it's a conspiracy
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    No.

Why are there 50+ posts when all we need is one saying no?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Went from 93-100 in two days so.... no?
  • Options
    Same for me. I got my Maul up very quickly but Vader trickled to a halt once I was <50 away from 7*. I only ever saw 1 person in my guild complain about Maul but Vader as you can see here is widespread. Although of course, bias or no bias, speculation without dev confirmation will likely not get us anywhere.
    This reminds me of a game I played recently: I was halfway to the 100 crystals-equivalent of the price of a very useful item that they dangled in front of me by letting me try free for a day. When that day ended they 'coincidentally' had a sale that lowered the price to 60 - 10 crystals out of reach.
    I resisted the urge to spend for the crystals, and sure enough I could only reach 60 precisely a day too late.
    The 'offer' never occurred again in months. Times like these smell suspiciously of that game.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    only been playing since last december, here. focused on achievements and unlocked vader when my account level was in the low 50s, like many other people probably do when they make an early decision to aggressively pursue the vader unlock.

now leveled up to the mid 70s and have vader at 6 stars and 79/100. i'm not worried at all about the shipment chance. sooner or later the rest will come either from achievements or from shipments.

like sneeekypants said, "a watched pot never boils." the more you obsess over the shipment chance, the longer you'll seem to wait for them. i spend part of my ship currency every day on common blueprints, keep only enough currency in reserve so i can afford to buy the next vader/slave/scimitar shipment that shows up unexpectedly, and i just take the shards/blueprints as they come (if i happen to log in when they arrive). if you don't feel entitled to have them offered on a predictable schedule, then you won't be disappointed when they aren't offered.
    Post edited by lisztophobia on
  • Options
    Happened all the time to me when trying to level up Maul. Rex and Vader and Fac. CG knows exactly what it's doing. Don't blame them. It's business strategy. But it sucks for consumers.
  • Options
    I came on to this forum looking for this topic. It's not just vader, it's everyone. I have been trying for two weeks to get a single shard for my 1'st order tie pilot, that's six tries a day. A friend of mine was talking about this same thing. It seems if you purchase the items from fleet shipment where it is "random" they are regular, just spaced out. But when using cantina energy or energy when you get close it shuts down. I went from 0-20 shards in a week, been three for just five.

It's not a conspiracy, it's business. I paid for shards and the packs are useless, drop 3,000 crystals and you get a few redshirt shards. Will not pay again.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Daesyn wrote: »
    Went from 93-100 in two days so.... no?

All of the people posting facts like the above, please stop - you are totally messing up the OP's narrative!! He's trying to prove his anecdote - and all this data to the contrary is not helping at all!!

:D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*