Please tell me Chopper is not going to be considered "Ship Hardware"

It dawned on me a few minutes ago that they could be just that... Please make it not so. I would rather ship hardware be some type of mod or something, not a completely new toon.

Replies

• Options
    Yes . He is ship hardware for the Phoenix faction ships that everyone has... I would expect any ship hardware droids would be completely separate from arena toons
  • Options
    I bet certain toons will be considered ship hardware... like chopper for the ghost, or r2d2 for jedi luke's ship/ millennium falcon
  • Options
    Could function how being a fleet commander or pilot does
  • Options
    sneeyatch wrote: »
    It dawned on me a few minutes ago that they could be just that... Please make it not so. I would rather ship hardware be some type of mod or something, not a completely new toon.

Why not? Pilots are used for ships and toons so droids could be both hardware and regular toons.
  • Agni
    38 posts Member
    Options
    They should make it so you can Assign ship hardware to any ship and they have different abilities to suite different needs
  • Options
    Highly unlikely. Hardware seems to be a mix of astromechs, radars, weapons, etc. It seems we'rd they would have a full character for some ships, and not others. I would give him good odds of being a pilot on the Ghost, similar to how K2S0 is on Cassian's U Wing.
  • dbraba01
    268 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, I won't tell you.
    Broncos Forever in the game
    666-716-133
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the day I can run an all-astromech team.
  • Options
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »
    Highly unlikely. Hardware seems to be a mix of astromechs, radars, weapons, etc. It seems we'rd they would have a full character for some ships, and not others. I would give him good odds of being a pilot on the Ghost, similar to how K2S0 is on Cassian's U Wing.

Lol, cassian's U-Wing. I still want that ship
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Hardware is probably gonna be ship mods
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    One day my ipad bugged and Im sure I saw r2d2 in the hardware spot for about 2 sec

So Chopper would likely be too
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I have to say that's the most likely case.

Just like ships are tied to zetas. Hardware will be the other way. They are using powerful parts of the game (zeta) to get people to use ships. They use zetas to force you to pick what you spend your ship currency on.

Hardware will have a similar effect, if they make it toons you have to decide if you will upgrade a new toon to improve your ships or toons for other aspects of the game.
  • Options
    Agni wrote: »
    They should make it so you can Assign ship hardware to any ship and they have different abilities to suite different needs

I like this.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    It's a great move! I love it. It would be cool to mix and match like Agni said, but I am betting it's going to be similar to pilots, one for one specific ship.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    You do realize you can see him already in your character screen with abilities and all? So even if he would be hardware we already know for sure he is also just a 'regular' character
  • Options
    I just want some hyperdrive. That is all.
  • Options
    Hopefully hardware is buyable with credits, I have too many right now and want R2 units and Power converters!
  • XiliX
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Yes . He is ship hardware for the Phoenix faction ships that everyone has... I would expect any ship hardware droids would be completely separate from arena toons

We have a Phoenix Faction Ship??
    The Gene Pool NEEDS Chlorine
    Life is the leading cause of Death
    I have walked through the Valley of Evil and emerged the Shadow of Death
  • Options
    I'd think the 'hardware' is just like mods for toons.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I'm betting if anything he's a normal crew member for the Ghost
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »
    I'm betting if anything he's a normal crew member for the Ghost

I'm hoping this is the case, although I'm not excited about the Rebels toons - was never a fan of the series.