Is Zeta Kylo WAI?

I'm sure someone has already asked this. However I haven't seen it yet. We are going to use a couple of zeta kylo teams to rip through phase 1 on our next haat try. My question is do we know if this is a sustainable model or at some point will he be fixed and it considered a bug? I think we have enough to beat it anyways however extra Jedi teams as insurance isn't a bad thing.

Replies

• Tigzie
    579 posts Member
    Options
    It'll get fixed eventually.

The more it's brought up the quicker that'll happen lol
  • Chameau
    236 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Nothing to fix .all works as attented.
    Like some teams that can Solo a whole Raid .
    If you want a nerf :just get zylo instead .
  • Options
    Everything is WAI. Escape is an ability, and acts as one in every sense. Kylo, Ventress, and JC all have the ability to reduce the cooldown of Escape. This is no different then using Chirpantine in Phase 3.
  • Kidneythief
    133 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Is this verified by any Dev? I would hate to Zeta him and the usefulness of the zeta be nerfed/fixed like Zader.
  • Options
    Not sure if it's WAI, but he recovers protection through shock. Might be fixed if not WAI
  • Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's WAI, but he recovers protection through shock. Might be fixed if not WAI
    Kozi has already said gaining protection thru shock is wai, I don't remember him saying anything about the escape button tho
  • Options
    Everything is WAI. Escape is an ability, and acts as one in every sense. Kylo, Ventress, and JC all have the ability to reduce the cooldown of Escape. This is no different then using Chirpantine in Phase 3.

Are you positive about this? Has it actually been confirmed?
  • Options
    Before Kylo rework.... Everyone who had him asked continously for a buff.....
    After Kylo rework...... Everyone who doesn't have him asks continously for a nerf....
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    vazelos81 wrote: »
    After Kylo rework...... Everyone who doesn't have him asks continously for a nerf....

They're not asking for a nerf, they're just wondering if the ability reset of escape is going to be changed or not as they're using him for the HAAT raid....
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

They're not asking for a nerf, they're just wondering if the ability reset of escape is going to be changed or not as they're using him for the HAAT raid....

Exactly not sure how anyone views this as a nerf post. Just checking in about the future of my guild using him for phase 1 haat
  • Options
    Coolmcdrew wrote: »

Are you positive about this? Has it actually been confirmed?

I will confirm it for you next aat I do, if my ventress is good enough and will last long enough. There's no reason she wouldn't reset the cooldown, as that's one of the features of Endless Wrath.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options

Nerf Kylo Now!!!
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

This. Which, after the Vader Zeta fix, is certainly a fair question.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    The continual moving of the goalposts has to stop by the dev team.
  • Options
    In my mind, he's still a fantastic character all around with zeta, even if he can't solo P1 HAAT anymore, so good question but somewhat irrelevant.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    gatormatt wrote: »
    The continual moving of the goalposts has to stop by the dev team.

That's how they get the whales to keep "kicking" them money. WAI.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Yes he is broke. He is recover 1m+ protection
  • Options
    Mans_Yolo wrote: »
    In my mind, he's still a fantastic character all around with zeta, even if he can't solo P1 HAAT anymore, so good question but somewhat irrelevant.

It is relevant because I'm a guild leader planning to attack heroic. If we can't use kylo to solo it will significantly hamper our ability to complete haat. This isn't a "should I or shouldn't I" post. It's a "will this keep working" post. My guildie has zeta kylo so he will be soloing phase 1 I just want to know if he will always be able to do that.
  • Options

It is relevant because I'm a guild leader planning to attack heroic. If we can't use kylo to solo it will significantly hamper our ability to complete haat. This isn't a "should I or shouldn't I" post. It's a "will this keep working" post. My guildie has zeta kylo so he will be soloing phase 1 I just want to know if he will always be able to do that.

In all honesty, Phase 1 is the easiest of them all, and nary a guild has difficulty completing it with the Jedi they have. Jedi aren't that functional elsewhere - you're still better farming the proper teams. But as an early start to Heroic, I can see why you'd want to use Zylo
  • Options

In all honesty, Phase 1 is the easiest of them all, and nary a guild has difficulty completing it with the Jedi they have. Jedi aren't that functional elsewhere - you're still better farming the proper teams. But as an early start to Heroic, I can see why you'd want to use Zylo

Not only the early start but then we have Jedi in reserves for phase 3. 40-50 extra squads is always better than barely beating it. Obviously we eventually will go away from the solo kylo.
  • Options
    Kylo Zeta will only help some guilds transition into HAAT. Once a guild can complete HAAT, I don't see why they would keep having people solo P1, ive done it and it's grueling. I don't want to do it every time. But once transitioned, P1 goes down pretty fast, so really people won't ahve time to solo it.

In top guilds, youd be lucky to get in 2 runs with Kylo for 250K Total.

So honestly is that mechanic Broken? No. Hardly. I can solo P1, but I don't see people putting zetas on Ren to solo P1, it's not practical, and any guild doing HAAT doesn't need Zeta Rens, so it would be a waste. Only in some of the lesser guilds is this even worthwhile.

I highly doubt they even fix it. It's not a sustainable solution to defeating HAAT, it's a transition.
  • IvoB1987
    494 posts Member
    Options
    I hope they don't change anything to make it not viable anymore but I'm very afraid and almost sure they will do something about it. Just like they changed the enraged mechanics because of gameplay they didn't intend
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    Options
    NERF is in!

Kylo Ren- Fixed an issue where Kylo Ren was recovering more protection than intended when using his "Outrage" special ability at level 8 (Zeta)
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    NERF is in!

Kylo Ren- Fixed an issue where Kylo Ren was recovering more protection than intended when using his "Outrage" special ability at level 8 (Zeta)

Seeing as how he was gaining like 73 million protection for doing 17k damage, that's not really a nerf lol.
  • Options

Don't worry about a future change. If you can complete HAAT, a few weeks after completion it will be much easier. I was amazed how quickly my guild went from having mercs in reserve to having to set up rules so it doesn't pass before everyone can register.
  • Options
    Don't nerf him... that's who I have been working on.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Don't nerf him... that's who I have been working on.

He's not nerfed, there were just weird circumstances where he would gain MILLIONS (Literally millions) of protection.

qfmEEwk.jpg
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah my guild is planning to do the same as the OP. To be able to take a full phase with the use of one character might be the final push we need to break the hump. And with the 4x speed now it shouldn't be as bad of a grind.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    This should've been addressed with the second half of the Game Update that went live today 3/3. Please note, per the Update details- these changes may not be visible until all players are on the same client next week. Cheers!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
This discussion has been closed.