Replies

• warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    warmonkey wrote: »
    Kurgen wrote: »
    FTP since December. Used to be good. Now the same old. OP characters you need to compete.... was a ray of light with zeta that made old toons viable. This was crushed with the introduction of more Op toons... don't get me wrong, I'll gear them up like everyone else but the game is stale...

Nothing else to take its place... yet

Started same time, feel exactly the same. Since chaze and new toons game is not that good because of the amount of rng that has entered into battles now. Even my arena whale is getting ****. His zaul team was beat by a rex team and that opponent is nowhere near close to the mods or toons the whale has. Dude won cause he got lucky with rng and TM rng.

Like my whale said what is the point of playing this game if everyone can beat everyone now and strategic thinking and theorycrafting is meaningless? If you can just throw a rng leader and some toons together and get lucky vs a dude with zaul, nihilis, Sass, sithtrooper and GK all maxed and with awesome insane speed mods then this game is now broken. I can't beat this whale with my zader team cause of my mods but if all I have to do is switch to a leader like rex that is about rng and beat him simpfly because I got lucky then I don't want to play because I may as well just flip a coin over and over for the same type of excitement.

If f2p and low spenders can beat whales and make them mad because of rng battles then the game will die. I spend most of my time in game trying to build a team to compete with his but if I end up beating him consistently because I switch to rng lead I will be mad too.

calling rex an rng lead is pretty funny though. Just like saying theorycrafting is dead, then immidiatly after describe how theorycrafting wins you battles.
    One of the major complaints on this forum is speed mods, now you're saying they aren't important because you can beat guys with way better mods, but for some reason you make it sound like it's a bad thing.
    f2p have always been able to beat whales, when it starts happening too often it's a solid indication a lvl cap increase is comming soon.
    OT: I also really like the game, it has kept me interrested for a little over a year now and i'm not even a starwars fan.

My whale was **** yesterday and was ready to quit because of rng in battles now. That really really concerns me because if he feels this way after spending as much as he has and for playing this long then that is very very bad for the game's health. People like him is what keeps the game playable for people like me as f2p

Btw when I saw good mods I assume everyone knows that means lots of speed.
  • Startomsto
    926 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    yes this game is great... and getting better... and it is about star wars lol
    i was not happy with mods but i enjoyed the teamwork to get haat ready in our guild and loving the new qol... also like the sith and the fact that you can be competitive without the new premium chars...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    FTP since December. Used to be good. Now the same old. OP characters you need to compete.... was a ray of light with zeta that made old toons viable. This was crushed with the introduction of more Op toons... don't get me wrong, I'll gear them up like everyone else but the game is stale...

Started same time, feel exactly the same. Since chaze and new toons game is not that good because of the amount of rng that has entered into battles now. Even my arena whale is getting ****. His zaul team was beat by a rex team and that opponent is nowhere near close to the mods or toons the whale has. Dude won cause he got lucky with rng and TM rng.

Like my whale said what is the point of playing this game if everyone can beat everyone now and strategic thinking and theorycrafting is meaningless? If you can just throw a rng leader and some toons together and get lucky vs a dude with zaul, nihilis, Sass, sithtrooper and GK all maxed and with awesome insane speed mods then this game is now broken. I can't beat this whale with my zader team cause of my mods but if all I have to do is switch to a leader like rex that is about rng and beat him simpfly because I got lucky then I don't want to play because I may as well just flip a coin over and over for the same type of excitement.

If f2p and low spenders can beat whales and make them mad because of rng battles then the game will die. I spend most of my time in game trying to build a team to compete with his but if I end up beating him consistently because I switch to rng lead I will be mad too.

calling rex an rng lead is pretty funny though. Just like saying theorycrafting is dead, then immidiatly after describe how theorycrafting wins you battles.
    One of the major complaints on this forum is speed mods, now you're saying they aren't important because you can beat guys with way better mods, but for some reason you make it sound like it's a bad thing.
    f2p have always been able to beat whales, when it starts happening too often it's a solid indication a lvl cap increase is comming soon.
    OT: I also really like the game, it has kept me interrested for a little over a year now and i'm not even a starwars fan.

My whale was **** yesterday and was ready to quit because of rng in battles now. That really really concerns me because if he feels this way after spending as much as he has and for playing this long then that is very very bad for the game's health. People like him is what keeps the game playable for people like me as f2p

I'd suggest you read the OP again, that should take care of your cooncers.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

From what you wrote, Your whale wasn't upset about rng. He was upset about not being able to buy an auto win team. Rex isn't a lucky rng team. Rex is a direct counter to Zaul. Rex gives tm when crit. Zaul guarantees crits will land. That's an exact counter, which is necessary because otherwise arena will simply be who has the faster sith team.

Rex teams, on the other hand, can be countered by other teams, or can be handled by speed modding Zaul to go before anyone else. Theorycrafting and strategic thinking is precisely what arena has become. There is no instant win team (just add $$$!) out there - various teams have counters.
  • Options
    +1 love this just a little more than my wife hates it haha
  • Options
    Great game. Take speed secondaries out of mods and it would be perfect

This. I have no idea why more people don't realize the true problem here. This is exactly right. Just the secondaries.
  • Options
    This game is great with only one caveat: It's not possible to change from Android to iOS and vice versa. If you could fix this it would be truly great!
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    +1. Having a lot of fun in the game now that there really isn't a "meta". The QOL update was one of the best things to happen with this game in a long time. The new characters are good and things are fun from a Kraken to f2p aspect. F2p has plenty of options to compete in arena and there's really no unbeatable team comp.

Tl;Dr - game is fun for me again.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Rex lead with a good set of toons will destroy Zaul teams constantly. Stick him with GK, Chase, and Nilly and there's no team they can't beat (it's what I'm currently running). Triple Cleanse Nom Nom Nom. It's what's for breakfast!

Here's a guildie using Rex to destroy Zaul. Odd you discuss TM RNG when Zaul teams usually always go first.

https://youtu.be/zRJKGiwl0b0

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    +1

I've played this game since its release and it's the best mobile game I've ever played. Sure this game has its ups and downs, but what game doesn't these days? I'd like to say thanks to EA and CG for creating this game and I look forward to the updates to come
  • Options
    I love to spend money and get bad rng all the time.
    Having so much fun..
    Seriously this game is nice but i start to believe that i must pay for everything as everything is about luck and in this game I am really unlucky.
    3 weeks and dropped 2 zeta mats..
    Some ppl already have 4/5 zeta..
    Ships arena : all about rng. Mods drop ..lucky when its not a 3 stars..
    The only good things in this game is GW and raids thats all.
    Bring back all tournaments. Had fun fighting a lot of players. We could use all our toons even the "useless one".
    That s said. It is a good game and I m really unlucky.
    Have fun !
  • Options

Don't buy into the whales allow ftp scare tactics nonsense. And yet another example of speed secondaries needing to be removed.
  • Options
    very tempted to buy more crystal to level up few more toon, but the steep price of buying crystal to get more gear is really put me off. It will cost $100 to buy various gear to just level one toon from level 9 to level 11. Now I just hold off and wait few month for the gear to drop from raid reward.
    The warehouse of Crystal option or when the 25% bonus hit, will be the only time I will plucking down more hard earned cash into this game.

Oh I gave up buying Chromium pack for the sure bet of frustration of only getting shards that you already got and not the toon you want.
  • UltimateZeus
    1221 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If they would only update the arena I could keep going in this game for quite a while I believe. I was over 3 years in Clash of Clans as well. I like the fact though that I could play Clash more when I wanted, this forces you to much to play at certain times. Shop refreashes and bonus energy are fine, just please update arena.

This. It would be awesome if you could play pvp/fleet arena anytime of day without worrying about a payout hour. If it were a mechanism like rewarding based on max rank for the day you have freedom to battle when you like. It's one of the only issues I have with this game.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    +1. Having a lot of fun in the game now that there really isn't a "meta". The QOL update was one of the best things to happen with this game in a long time. The new characters are good and things are fun from a Kraken to f2p aspect. F2p has plenty of options to compete in arena and there's really no unbeatable team comp.

We playing the same game? Pretty sure zaul is the definitive meta.

Edit: oh you posted that March 5. Makes sense.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »

We playing the same game? Pretty sure zaul is the definitive meta.

Edit: oh you posted that March 5. Makes sense.

Yet he and fellow squad gets destroyed by a fast 1.5 year old Rex led team. Folks are going Zeta happy for him, because the "cool" thing to do, when not a single Zeta is needed to beat any Zaul team. If one defines "Meta" as what the majority are going with, okay sure, but if one defines "Meta" as the ultimate toon, ummm no, he's certainly not.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Rex lead with a good set of toons will destroy Zaul teams constantly. Stick him with GK, Chase, and Nilly and there's no team they can't beat (it's what I'm currently running). Triple Cleanse Nom Nom Nom. It's what's for breakfast!

Here's a guildie using Rex to destroy Zaul. Odd you discuss TM RNG when Zaul teams usually always go first.

https://youtu.be/zRJKGiwl0b0

As much as I agree Rex lead destroy Zaul teams and it isn't RNG based, I think that match could've gone very differently if 1) EP had stunned out of the gate instead of only using his Basic on Vader. or 2) EP had used his basic on Rex. Nihilus would've then been guaranteed to keep Rex from cleansing his first turn. I also think that's not really the best Rex team to use against Zaul, but thats probably because all he did was switch leaders and take out his auto-taunt to keep Vader in the team and so it was still mostly just his Zader team.
  • Iceih_SWG
    301 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    The game is great.
  • Options
    META = most effective tactic available, or whatever is the most powerful NOT what everyone is using...
  • Options
    META = most effective tactic available, or whatever is the most powerful NOT what everyone is using...

Exactly! By pure definition, Zaul is not the most effective.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options

Exactly! By pure definition, Zaul is not the most effective.
    Rex definitely meta right now beats everything consistently. Rex leads can lose with rng like anything else . I run Rex lead 86 tenacity Boba zylo Gk Zid/b2/dn as fifth and get my rank 1 daily in a sea of zauls on my shard. Zaul relies on EPs stun too much . Glad I didn't spend bank on them starring them up lol
  • Options
    Try Dotd - 3 years there, but yeah over an year and still obssessed here :)
  • JonNoNothing
    139 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Are you sure...

This game always have shi t or **** moment...

• Options
    I would love it so much more if chirrut was farmable... When does the 4 to 6 weeks start?
  • Options
    It's the best game ever.

@CG_Kozispoon
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    +1

Haven't hit my record yet. I played Clash of Clans for 4 years before I just lost interest. I'm nearly 15 months into this game. I'd say the devs here are doing a better job of keeping things fresh. The balance of the game has improved. Other than a one sore spot (mods using cantina energy makes me want to kill things), I'm enjoying their work.

Making rate of energy 6 minutes and bonus with normal fixes this its a good fix as well because the energy draws to multiple areas of equal importance similar to normal energy
  • Options
    I would love it so much more if chirrut was farmable... When does the 4 to 6 weeks start?

He's farmable, per se...in the Shipments Store, and Chromiums. They may be the best and only way for many a while.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    +1 I also love this game and have played since Dec 2015. Please show Mace some love (he's so bad right now)!
  • Options
    +1
    Never thought i would play this more than a few days and ended up playing almost every day since last april. Not gonna stop.
  • Options
    Crafteded wrote: »
    Great game. Take speed secondaries out of mods and it would be perfect

This. I have no idea why more people don't realize the true problem here. This is exactly right. Just the secondaries.

Because then we are back to rng on who gets first turn, which means we are back to 1 single arena team config etc

I have a feeling you want speed secondaries gone because your mods are not good enough...