The Game is Unbelievable!

Prev13
SnakesOnAPlane
4363 posts Member
edited March 2017
I can't believe how much it sucks me in to play! I've played for over a year now and my passion hasn't died yet. It's brilliant! I love it! Praise to EA and CG! Thanks for all the QOL updates. Thanks for being more in-touch on the forums, as well.

On another note, while many would appreciate a better price structure on new toons, I appreciate y'all at least working in the options on the new release cadence. Please continue to consider an even more robust system that gives even more options up front.

Last, I look forward to the continued progress on the client side.

P.s. How about y'all bring back the Warehouse of Crystals, please?!
SnakesOnAPlane

Replies

• Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    +1 I've never played a mobile game as long as I have this one, and plan to continue playing for quite some time.
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    +1. I love this game
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    +1

I like the direction of feedback and approach from the devs but as @SnakesOnAPlane said pricing model needs to be addressed.... especially with character candece and the rate af which made toons are being released is crazy to expect anyone at all with reasonable expense to afford anything
  • Options
    Star Wars is awesome. This game is meh...I play because it's Star Wars. That's literally it. They are taking advantage of a great license. There are much better actual games on the market, but I like this one better because I have an emotional attachment to the characters.
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    Options
    Yup by far my favourite mobile game, started in 2015 when it first launched and loved it ever since (: thanks for making such an incredible game with ever lasting updates and new content.
    :)<3
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    +1

Haven't hit my record yet. I played Clash of Clans for 4 years before I just lost interest. I'm nearly 15 months into this game. I'd say the devs here are doing a better job of keeping things fresh. The balance of the game has improved. Other than a one sore spot (mods using cantina energy makes me want to kill things), I'm enjoying their work.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    +1. 15 months and still loving it. In fact it just keeps getting better! <3
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • JRCPKT99
    292 posts Member
    Options
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    +1 I've never played a mobile game as long as I have this one, and plan to continue playing for quite some time.

Me too. +1
  • Options
    If they would only update the arena I could keep going in this game for quite a while I believe. I was over 3 years in Clash of Clans as well. I like the fact though that I could play Clash more when I wanted, this forces you to much to play at certain times. Shop refreashes and bonus energy are fine, just please update arena.
  • Options
    +1, make it a tad easier to gear toons and it'll be my favorite game
  • Options
    I can't believe how much it sucks me in to play! I've played for over a year now and my passion hasn't died yet. It's brilliant! I love it! Praise to EA and CG! Thanks for all the QOL updates. Thanks for being more in-touch on the forums, as well.

On another note, while many would appreciate a better price structure on new toons, I appreciate y'all at least working in the options on the new release cadence. Please continue to consider an even more robust system that gives even more options up front.

Last, I look forward to the continued progress on the client side.

P.s. How about y'all bring back the Warehouse of Crystals, please?!

+1 to everything... while I understand the release cadence I do feel that the time line may be a bit too long given all the new toons being thrown our way. 3 month min to be able to farm a new toon is a bit much when it's every toon, there are currently about 10+ new toons that are unavailable, meanwhile I can't even remember the last time a toon got added to a node or shipment ( Shore ) being the obvious exception. Also it would be nice to have new toons added to shard shop & for a shorter period of time.

Last, the price points on these latest batch of pacts is a bit much. If you're still making money then I completely get it, however, I wonder if you'd actually make more with slightly more reasonable pricing. I used to spend regularly and have since stopped entirely due to not enough return on my investment.

Anyway, love the qol changes and still enjoying playing this game quite a bit.
  • Options
    I know why this game beats others like it. It's the first one i played where i don't have to pull packs thousands of times just to get that 7 star character...i can build it over time with shards. Other mobile games like this make it luck where this is luck and grind...example the walking dead comic game like this
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    I hope they don't get rid of this one.
  • Options
    +1 QOL indeed shows they put in some wrench time. Only one item, and it's minor. I miss the refresh in Arena being on the right, wasn't fond of the left hand side placement in Tourneys either. But overall, nice job.
  • Options
    Great game. Take speed secondaries out of mods and it would be perfect
  • Options
    Yeah buddy!

+1
  • Options
    +1

I've never played another mobile game, just needed something to do while I was laid up sick, 15 months later totally hooked and play every day. I did not see that coming, but it just keeps getting more enjoyable. The sith updates totally put it over the edge for me. I actually started throwing some money into it at that point, when I swore from the start I wouldn't. I don't regret a penny spent either.
  • Options
    On another note, while many would appreciate a better price structure on new toons, I appreciate y'all at least working in the options on the new release cadence

I remember hearing "I'd pay $10k for a good toon"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    +1, other then the odd arena time choice. Can't be happier.

First mobile game I have played for over a year.

Also, great community we got here.
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    +1, the addiction is real.

I like the game as it takes a lot of effort to acquire characters, gear, and mods. As a result you have to plan ahead and be strategic unless you're willing to dump a small fortune into the game.

I've been playing over a year because it's simply a fun game. I'm not even really a star wars fan, but the game is enjoyable!
  • Options
    There are times when i said to myself to just stop playing this game coz its taking over my life (colleagues alrdy know my ritual of going for toilet breaks close to payout to lock arena rank), but its just soooo addicting! The 4x speed really helps me get back a bit of my life lol. Heres hoping they do away with sim tickets as i have to auto some battles just to conserve those tix.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    On another note, while many would appreciate a better price structure on new toons, I appreciate y'all at least working in the options on the new release cadence

HAHA! Okay, you got me there. I'd still pay good money, and do, but for the majority here that's not reasonable, and ultimately I was giving them some backing. ;)
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    Options
    FTP since December. Used to be good. Now the same old. OP characters you need to compete.... was a ray of light with zeta that made old toons viable. This was crushed with the introduction of more Op toons... don't get me wrong, I'll gear them up like everyone else but the game is stale...

Nothing else to take its place... yet
  • Options

HAHA! Okay, you got me there. I'd still pay good money, and do, but for the majority here that's not reasonable, and ultimately I was giving them some backing. ;)

I wasn't trying to confront you or anything, I just love messing around with you :joy:

On another note, what's "Warehouse of Crystals", how much was it, and why was it removed?
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    this is the only game i have played on a regular basis for more than 6 months
  • Options
    What keeps me coming back to this game day after day is the social aspect. If you are in a decent guild you will find yourself making some good friends. Some of us in our guild have been together for nearly a year now and I talk to them more often than I do my real life friends! The game is addictive and although I have frustrating days where nothing seems to go in my favour there is always something drawing me back in. Yes the Star Wars IP is a big part of the attraction but the devs must be doing something right or I would have abandoned this game long ago. The latest updates have only helped to enhance my enjoyment especially the multi sim challenges, I've finally got my Sundays back :) so thanks to all those involved!
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    Kurgen wrote: »
    FTP since December. Used to be good. Now the same old. OP characters you need to compete.... was a ray of light with zeta that made old toons viable. This was crushed with the introduction of more Op toons... don't get me wrong, I'll gear them up like everyone else but the game is stale...

Started same time, feel exactly the same. Since chaze and new toons game is not that good because of the amount of rng that has entered into battles now. Even my arena whale is getting ****. His zaul team was beat by a rex team and that opponent is nowhere near close to the mods or toons the whale has. Dude won cause he got lucky with rng and TM rng.

Like my whale said what is the point of playing this game if everyone can beat everyone now and strategic thinking and theorycrafting is meaningless? If you can just throw a rng leader and some toons together and get lucky vs a dude with zaul, nihilis, Sass, sithtrooper and GK all maxed and with awesome insane speed mods then this game is now broken. I can't beat this whale with my zader team cause of my mods but if all I have to do is switch to a leader like rex that is about rng and beat him simpfly because I got lucky then I don't want to play because I may as well just flip a coin over and over for the same type of excitement.

If f2p and low spenders can beat whales and make them mad because of rng battles then the game will die. I spend most of my time in game trying to build a team to compete with his but if I end up beating him consistently because I switch to rng lead I will be mad too.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    Kurgen wrote: »

Started same time, feel exactly the same. Since chaze and new toons game is not that good because of the amount of rng that has entered into battles now. Even my arena whale is getting ****. His zaul team was beat by a rex team and that opponent is nowhere near close to the mods or toons the whale has. Dude won cause he got lucky with rng and TM rng.

Like my whale said what is the point of playing this game if everyone can beat everyone now and strategic thinking and theorycrafting is meaningless? If you can just throw a rng leader and some toons together and get lucky vs a dude with zaul, nihilis, Sass, sithtrooper and GK all maxed and with awesome insane speed mods then this game is now broken. I can't beat this whale with my zader team cause of my mods but if all I have to do is switch to a leader like rex that is about rng and beat him simpfly because I got lucky then I don't want to play because I may as well just flip a coin over and over for the same type of excitement.

If f2p and low spenders can beat whales and make them mad because of rng battles then the game will die. I spend most of my time in game trying to build a team to compete with his but if I end up beating him consistently because I switch to rng lead I will be mad too.

calling rex an rng lead is pretty funny though. Just like saying theorycrafting is dead, then immidiatly after describe how theorycrafting wins you battles.
    One of the major complaints on this forum is speed mods, now you're saying they aren't important because you can beat guys with way better mods, but for some reason you make it sound like it's a bad thing.
    f2p have always been able to beat whales, when it starts happening too often it's a solid indication a lvl cap increase is comming soon.
    OT: I also really like the game, it has kept me interrested for a little over a year now and i'm not even a starwars fan.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I have to admit, despite bouts of frustration, boredom and having to play when I'd rather not just to keep my squad/fleet area rank, I still find myself enjoying this game.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.