Can we please get a global chat feature!

So I've been playing this game for quite some time now and I feel that the game has done a great job with keeping content fresh and constantly adding new features and in game updates. But what I feel this game lacks is the ability to talk to other people on the game while playing the game. A global chat feature would be perfect and would allow for much easier recruiting for your guild and to just add allies.
Just a suggestion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
My ally code is 567-278-678, feel free to add me :)

Replies

• Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options

Would be chaotic and that's why the forums exist!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    global chats in freemium games are hilarious for all the wrong reasons.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Only if it can be turned off. I hate the people in this forum enough, don't make me hate everyone in the game, too...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    +1

just means that the chat will be flooded by gem bots
  • Options
    -1 It'd get out of hand fast imo.
    This is a signature.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Sometimes I want one, but yeah, sometimes I don't. It's a slippery slope in coding I'm sure and I trust the team will do everything they can to give us what's best for our needs. The best (or only reason I can think of) that it would be GOOD, is for recruitment, but if you step into other mobile games with "global chat" you will quickly see why it can be less helpful as well.

On another note, keep the ideas coming; most (if not all) of the chat functions in-game have coincided with request made by the community. I'm not saying it WILL happen, but the dev team definitely takes suggestions. Cheers.

EDIT: AND... Welcome to the forums, @MasterEmperion!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Sometimes I want one, but yeah, sometimes I don't. It's a slippery slope in coding I'm sure and I trust the team will do everything they can to give us what's best for our needs. The best (or only reason I can think of) that it would be GOOD, is for recruitment, but if you step into other mobile games with "global chat" you will quickly see why it can be less helpful as well.

On another note, keep the ideas coming; most (if not all) of the chat functions in-game have coincided with request made by the community. I'm not saying it WILL happen, but the dev team definitely takes suggestions. Cheers.

EDIT: AND... Welcome to the forums, @MasterEmperion!

Well said, I've played different games with the global chat feature and I feel like Marvels contest of champions has done a good job with the global chat. A feature like turning off the chat and blocking certain players would the chat much better
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    A feature like turning off the chat and blocking certain players would the chat much better

Definitely this.... but that's where I'm like, "I have no idea how much coding / networking that would add, and I don't want it to complicate other features." We can dream though.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107