Phoenix squad launched, what do you think?

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    DarthGazza wrote: »
    MCThr33pio wrote: »
    I'll say this - Hera's leadership ability to grant each member of Phoenix squad the benefit of each others unique abilities is freaking bonkers. Just between Kanan and Chopper it's already daunting. And only Jebus and Capital Games knows what Ezra and Sabine and Zeb and going to contribute to that!!

Makes me glad to be part of that special 3% or so of the players who really likes the Rebels cartoon.

Why do people hate Rebels? Make that 3.1% now lol

Love the show too! 3.2% and rising!

It has faults, but make it 3.3%
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    so from looking through this discussion it looks like phoenix whatever is from some star wars cartoon. leave it to disney to turn something great into a cartoon.
  • Options
    Any wrote: »
    danrussoa wrote: »
    What is Phoenix squad and what does it have to do with star wars.

My thoughts.

Due to it is just TV series and most of fan base may be kids so I guess this update launch will not make much money.

Launch many new toons which need synergy on only Phoenix make them need very long time to farm.

So we may rarely see them in Arena but for very young shard may be viable.

Anyway, I love to have Kanan in my Jedi team ,may be replace Aayla.

Don't be surprised at the power of parents wallets when kids cry they want these toons
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »
    Any wrote: »
    danrussoa wrote: »
    What is Phoenix squad and what does it have to do with star wars.

My thoughts.

Due to it is just TV series and most of fan base may be kids so I guess this update launch will not make much money.

Launch many new toons which need synergy on only Phoenix make them need very long time to farm.

So we may rarely see them in Arena but for very young shard may be viable.

Anyway, I love to have Kanan in my Jedi team ,may be replace Aayla.

Don't be surprised at the power of parents wallets when kids cry they want these toons

Especially if they make said characters game-breaking...
  • Options
    So far I like their design.
    Sub-par when alone, great team together ?

I like their versatility too.

Hera could be fun Under Ackbar lead
    And Kanaan looks like a lesser GK, but the dual faction looks interesting.

Then again : not starting another toon when I have Sooo many unfinished. Bring the Gear ! :s
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    JediHunter wrote: »
    It's going to be the new wiggs... all toons give their uniques to each other? C'mon seriously

This. Honestly, that ability just seems like lazy development. "I don't want to figure it out....just give them all to each other."
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    It's going to be the new wiggs... all toons give their uniques to each other? C'mon seriously

This. Honestly, that ability must seems like lazy development. "I don't want to figure it out....just give them all to each other."

Or just a new take on synergies.
  • Options

This. Honestly, that ability must seems like lazy development. "I don't want to figure it out....just give them all to each other."

Not a good one. This is going to be bad considering they are handing them out to everybody. We learned from Nihilus that star levels mean nothing if the toon has gear and abilities. Gear is a given, and so far the abilities for Phoenix squads is worse that Chaze Wiggs.
  • Options
    Man Hera under Jyn will be mad...
    Expose + expose under rebel = 2 expose = 40% health. Baze does 2 more 20%s against Empire, and shore can kiss the world goodbye.
  • CaptSeaWalker
    201 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'll say this - Hera's leadership ability to grant each member of Phoenix squad the benefit of each others unique abilities is freaking bonkers. Just between Kanan and Chopper it's already daunting. And only Jebus and Capital Games knows what Ezra and Sabine and Zeb and going to contribute to that!!

Makes me glad to be part of that special 3% or so of the players who really likes the Rebels cartoon.

I'd say it's any where from 60-70% judging from polls I've seen, the ones that don't like rebels are just more vocal.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I'm reading a lot that basically parses as "I don't like them so I'm mad they're good because that means characters I don't like are good despite me not liking them and this threatens me because it means Star Wars is for everyone and not just me anymore."

Shut up.

Grow up.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Not a good one. This is going to be bad considering they are handing them out to everybody. We learned from Nihilus that star levels mean nothing if the toon has gear and abilities. Gear is a given, and so far the abilities for Phoenix squads is worse that Chaze Wiggs.
    You learned it from Nihilus? It took you that long to learn?

Oh, son, no wonder you're bad :(
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

What was the purpose of this post?

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

One that took little thought, little play testing - one that seems lazy.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    It's more than 3%, I'll tell you that.

Really stoked to have these characters in game. It helps that they will be pretty versatile. Already having some fun with theory crafting. Once geared up I'll be taking Hera through GW.

Really fun characters to play with too. Had to throw some sub-par characters on my team for the challenge so I could see what Chopper and Hera could do together.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Achilles wrote: »
    What makes me really curios is, will they also add Ahsoka (as powerful as she is in the show) and will she get the Jedi Tag?
    15624878_2021911098046486_6181272801614233600_n.jpg

30f3ffdd34ac87bf69a4e7b4524cafee.jpg

fc5ab3bb96736328d8e796096484333f.jpg
    I like this one

So good. Every episode with wise B.A. Ahsoka is so good.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    I'm reading a lot that basically parses as "I don't like them so I'm mad they're good because that means characters I don't like are good despite me not liking them and this threatens me because it means Star Wars is for everyone and not just me anymore."

Shut up.

Grow up.

Well, right now it seems that this game is mainly for Rebels fanboys. After all the hype for dark side rising, we got three characters, zero ships and reworked Sith to make them competitive (not OP). After that, we have a buttload of new rebels including the best leader in game (the TM gain alone would be good) plus ships. And they completely shut down the Sith we were working on now. It's not about being mad that they are good, it's being mad that they are OP and made to destroy the last popular setup. Just like they destroy hopes for more Old Republic era characters to follow Nihilus. And they push back all the iconic characters we are still missing.
  • ptr
    173 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I hope lot of people will jump on Phoenix bandwagon.

They look strong on paper but in reality they will be easy to defeat. I am sticking with my Empire/Sith team (which I am using for months, even before dark side buff) for sure. Wont waste time or resources farming Phoenix (at least those 3 characters which are available now)
  • Lasertoast
    26 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    spotremix wrote: »
    so from looking through this discussion it looks like phoenix whatever is from some star wars cartoon. leave it to disney to turn something great into a cartoon.

Seriously? Clone Wars was a cartoon 6 seasons in before Disney even got the rights.

Star Wars as a cartoon has been around for many years, and it has been some of the best Star Wars content for a very long time.
  • AbyssalH
    303 posts Member
    Options
    I cant see any synergy untill now.. The only synergy i can see is this new jedi tank under igs lead sides aayla, kit and jka
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Shut up.

Grow up.

Well, right now it seems that this game is mainly for Rebels fanboys. After all the hype for dark side rising, we got three characters, zero ships and reworked Sith to make them competitive (not OP). After that, we have a buttload of new rebels including the best leader in game (the TM gain alone would be good) plus ships. And they completely shut down the Sith we were working on now. It's not about being mad that they are good, it's being mad that they are OP and made to destroy the last popular setup. Just like they destroy hopes for more Old Republic era characters to follow Nihilus. And they push back all the iconic characters we are still missing.
    What swamp witch gave you your scrying powers? Must be nice, Cassandra.

Edit: Also, come on, dude... "Sith are nice but not OP" parses as "Sith are beyond redicilous now that there's Sith Assassin and Zeta Darth Maul but I *like* Sith so that means they're only okay."
  • Bamabb1
    17 posts Member
    Options
    I am seeing the following just using Hera in my current rebel team.

Wedge (L)
    Biggs
    Jyn
    Hera
    Chirrut

Hera uses "Play to Strength" and targets Jyn giving 100% TM.
    Jyn Uses her AOE "Rebel Counterattack" Giving her 25% Potency + stacking potency for any crits she does. And she targets Biggs for 100% turn meter.
    Biggs Uses Comrade-in-arms which brings in Wedge and another rebel.
    Soon its Hera Turn again and she uses backup plan on Jyn. Which means jyn now has plenty of chances to use her Rebel Counterattack to revive anyone who might die. Most people I hear take out Jyn first to keep her from reviving anyone. Well now you have to take her out 2 times, and you have to do that through the wall that is Chirrut!!

Meanwhile Wedge Lead is still adding offense, gaining turn meter, gaining health.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Bamabb1 wrote: »
    I am seeing the following just using Hera in my current rebel team.

Wedge (L)
    Biggs
    Jyn
    Hera
    Chirrut

Hera uses "Play to Strength" and targets Jyn giving 100% TM.
    Jyn Uses her AOE "Rebel Counterattack" Giving her 25% Potency + stacking potency for any crits she does. And she targets Biggs for 100% turn meter.
    Biggs Uses Comrade-in-arms which brings in Wedge and another rebel.
    Soon its Hera Turn again and she uses backup plan on Jyn. Which means jyn now has plenty of chances to use her Rebel Counterattack to revive anyone who might die. Most people I hear take out Jyn first to keep her from reviving anyone. Well now you have to take her out 2 times, and you have to do that through the wall that is Chirrut!!

Meanwhile Wedge Lead is still adding offense, gaining turn meter, gaining health.

Why would you not use baze? That team is squishy as heck
  • DrewR
    272 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

I'd say it's any where from 60-70% judging from polls I've seen, the ones that don't like rebels are just more vocal.
    Most watched Rebels/Disney Channels because they are a kid, a parent, or a grand parent. So, they will be a lot less vocals or have time for forum than the more vocal KOTOR supporters. It is just age/stage of life kind of thing.
  • Options

If you would have bothered to read my comment, I clearly said "We" as in the entire playerbase. Nihilus was the first toon released by the devs that was clearly and without argument good at any star level. With ShoreTrooper and Baze it was clear but it wasn't until Nihilus having the most protection out of any toon in the game that it was laid out by the devs that star levels don't matter, just gear and mods. Next time your mommy lets you on her phone, please try and read like they should have taught you in the 1st grade.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
  • Options
    I'm up in arms about a squad that isn't fully released and a full squad synergy that no one has seen in action! Grrrrr! Overreaction! Complaining!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

If you would have bothered to read my comment, I clearly said "We" as in the entire playerbase.

My mistake. Allow me to amend my previous statement:
    No wonder the entire playerbase is bad.

I first heard way back in April that stars are overrated. All they gave was more hp and a small damage bump. Gear has ALWAYS been more important. Mods and protection (which coincidentally stems from gear) have been more important since their introduction. Ability level has always bern important because one level can give 5%, which is more than one star.

This is, was, and will always be true for all characters (outside of rarity-gated content such as raids). However, until recently it's been easy to rank up a character through farming. Only now are people using non-7 star characters and finding out what has been true all along.

This is because this game's community is led by a groupthink self-reinforcing, usually fanboy-powered mentality that just accepts whatever the current meta is as an inevitability that will never change unless new characters are introduced because they're too afraid to lose a few games trying out new things.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Shut up.

Grow up.

What swamp witch gave you your scrying powers? Must be nice, Cassandra.

Edit: Also, come on, dude... "Sith are nice but not OP" parses as "Sith are beyond redicilous now that there's Sith Assassin and Zeta Darth Maul but I *like* Sith so that means they're only okay."

Isn't that the same thing you people did when Wiggs was made f2p. "They aren't OP, they can just 1shot any toon they want and will always be the first turn because of their speed synergy boost and their ridiculous damage; but they are cool and EVERYBODY loved them in the movies, you know for the whole 20 minutes of on screen time between the 2 of them in the entire franchise." Quit acting like you are saying something that people haven't already said before you.
  • Options

If you would have bothered to read my comment, I clearly said "We" as in the entire playerbase.

My mistake. Allow me to amend my previous statement:
    No wonder the entire playerbase is bad.

I first heard way back in April that stars are overrated. All they gave was more hp and a small damage bump. Gear has ALWAYS been more important. Mods and protection (which coincidentally stems from gear) have been more important since their introduction. Ability level has always bern important because one level can give 5%, which is more than one star.

This is, was, and will always be true for all characters (outside of rarity-gated content such as raids). However, until recently it's been easy to rank up a character through farming. Only now are people using non-7 star characters and finding out what has been true all along.

This is because this game's community is led by a groupthink self-reinforcing, usually fanboy-powered mentality that just accepts whatever the current meta is as an inevitability that will never change unless new characters are introduced because they're too afraid to lose a few games trying out new things.

It's like you don't even play the game. First off, you just called the entire community bad, which isn't helping your case at all. Second, star levels have been vital for a very long time because they are the primary source of health in the game. The difference between a 4* Nihilus and a 7* Nihilus is 7k health. That same mentality that you call fanboy-powered is a cold hard statistic that applies to everybody. By your logic the meta could be CUP and Uggy with nobody else purely because you geared them up. It has nothing to do with whether we liked the characters or not, it about how good they are and who they counter. I personally hated EP but when they released him I used him anyway because he is a solid toon to use.