Clone helmets "Theory"

Replies

• Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    There is way more variance on 5s and Echos helmets than a small tattoo and goatee on their faces.

Exactly

Ok maybe not the tattoo that's to small to see anyways, but for blues it's easily: goatee, bald, and no goatee. I think that's way easier to remember than where the blue is located on their helmets
  • Options
    PapiBlanco wrote: »
    There is way more variance on 5s and Echos helmets than a small tattoo and goatee on their faces.

Exactly

Ok maybe not the tattoo that's to small to see anyways, but for blues it's easily: goatee, bald, and no goatee. I think that's way easier to remember than where the blue is located on their helmets

You saw the pictures right? And you have the ability to easily distinguish a 2 pixel goatee, how would clearly different designs trick you?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options

Exactly

You saw the pictures right? And you have the ability to easily distinguish a 2 pixel goatee, how would clearly different designs trick you?

you also have to think that most people are use to seeing them without their helmets on in game... if they were to suddenly put helmets on only Cody would be instantly recognizable at first since he's yellow. the other 3 would take some time know which helmet is for which... your pictures showed them with helmets but the only 1 i could say was which right away was Cody. the others (Rex, Echo, and 5's) could have been any one of those three.
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    While I'd welcome an option to change skins on our toons, I just don't really get why folks have orgasms over these helmets?

They just look sooo cool

Also this is a fighting game. Why didn't they bring their most important piece of armor??

same reason storm trooper Han isn't wearing a helmet, so that we as players can see their faces. Again I bring up my jawas point, each and every one of them is distinguishable from their weapons and armor, but I guarantee you half of the people on the forums can't tell the difference between the character model of dathacha and Jawa. This is exactly how it'd be with the clones. I mean at least now you can tell the difference between a few of the current clones based off of their face alone, if there were helmets it'd be "the green one, the yellow one, and the 3-4 blue ones" now it's currently the green one, the yellow one, the bald one, the one with a giant 5 (which I know isn't visible enough to see) on his face and the other one. I get that they are clones and look alike but if they have helmets they'd be nearly indistinguishable to the untrained eye

Have you seen their helmets?? They all look much much different from each other. I can't tell any difference in their faces unless I look at them for 10 minutes (they're clones....)

The only two that aren't easily able to be told apart initially are Fives and Echo.

They can be easily distinguished
    While I'd welcome an option to change skins on our toons, I just don't really get why folks have orgasms over these helmets?

They just look sooo cool

Also this is a fighting game. Why didn't they bring their most important piece of armor??

same reason storm trooper Han isn't wearing a helmet, so that we as players can see their faces. Again I bring up my jawas point, each and every one of them is distinguishable from their weapons and armor, but I guarantee you half of the people on the forums can't tell the difference between the character model of dathacha and Jawa. This is exactly how it'd be with the clones. I mean at least now you can tell the difference between a few of the current clones based off of their face alone, if there were helmets it'd be "the green one, the yellow one, and the 3-4 blue ones" now it's currently the green one, the yellow one, the bald one, the one with a giant 5 (which I know isn't visible enough to see) on his face and the other one. I get that they are clones and look alike but if they have helmets they'd be nearly indistinguishable to the untrained eye

Have you seen their helmets?? They all look much much different from each other. I can't tell any difference in their faces unless I look at them for 10 minutes (they're clones....)

The only two that aren't easily able to be told apart initially are Fives and Echo.

They are somewhat similar but have different weapons, stances, and have very different health

My comment was mainly for the selection screen.

• War
    932 posts Member
    Options

Exactly

So when those helmets are shrunk down to fit onto the screen they won't just be 3 blue helmets with small 2 pixel different designs? Rex's bald head is the biggest tell on who he is among the other clones, and you want to cover that up with one of the three blue helmets.
  • Options
    War wrote: »

Exactly

So when those helmets are shrunk down to fit onto the screen they won't just be 3 blue helmets with small 2 pixel different designs? Rex's bald head is the biggest tell on who he is among the other clones, and you want to cover that up with one of the three blue helmets.

Yes. The level of detail in this game is impressive. In case you all have forgotten, this is the "easy" way we supposedly have to distinguish Fives and Echo.
    echo.jpg
    fives.jpg
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options

Exactly

Yes. The level of detail in this game is impressive. In case you all have forgotten, this is the "easy" way we supposedly have to distinguish Fives and Echo.
    echo.jpg
    fives.jpg

Lol
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

Exactly

echo.jpg
    fives.jpg

The top one is echo
    The bottom one is fives.

Do I win a prize?
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »

Exactly

echo.jpg
    fives.jpg

The top one is echo
    The bottom one is fives.

Do I win a prize?

No.
  • Options

Exactly

echo.jpg
    fives.jpg

The top one is echo
    The bottom one is fives.

Do I win a prize?

If you can handle this you can handle helmets
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options

Exactly

echo.jpg
    fives.jpg

The top one is echo
    The bottom one is fives.

Do I win a prize?

Probably so. I don't see why not.
  • Options

Exactly

echo.jpg
    fives.jpg

And Cody had Ctrl c Ctrl v face of echo. It's just laziness by the devs tbh.
  • Options

Exactly

echo.jpg
    fives.jpg

The top one is echo
    The bottom one is fives.

Do I win a prize?

Exactly. And their helmets look so much cooler (and are a lot more practical considering this is a fighting game).
  • Options

Exactly

echo.jpg
    fives.jpg

The top one is echo
    The bottom one is fives.

Do I win a prize?

Exactly. And their helmets look so much cooler (and are a lot more practical considering this is a fighting game).

Then storm trooper Han should get his storm trooper helmet, as after all this is a fighting game, he needs all the armor he could get
  • Options

Exactly

echo.jpg
    fives.jpg

The top one is echo
    The bottom one is fives.

Do I win a prize?

Then storm trooper Han should get his storm trooper helmet, as after all this is a fighting game, he needs all the armor he could get

Sigh. I think we all know why that's a different case. And Sth is a stupid character in the first place.
  • Options

Exactly

echo.jpg
    fives.jpg

The top one is echo
    The bottom one is fives.

Do I win a prize?

Sigh. I think we all know why that's a different case. And Sth is a **** character in the first place.

Yes, the reason why is so that we can tell the difference between stormtrooper Han, and stormtrooper. Exactly the same reason clones are helmet-less, so that we can tell the difference from one another
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    The argument that Fives and Echo look very similar without helmets is valid, admittedly if I'm not paying attention I can get them mixed up. Rex on the other hand I never confuse for the other two because of his bald head, but this argument involves putting helmets on all three of them, not just Fives and Echo.

Therein lies the problem; without helmets two of them can be mixed up, with helmets three of them can be mixed up. The argument that the helmets are very different doesn't work for those that can't tell the difference. Not everybody has studied the subtle differences between the three helmets, and it'll be worse when those helmets are shrunk to fit on a tiny phone screen.
  • Options

Exactly

echo.jpg
    fives.jpg

The top one is echo
    The bottom one is fives.

Do I win a prize?

Sigh. I think we all know why that's a different case. And Sth is a **** character in the first place.

Yes, the reason why is so that we can tell the difference between stormtrooper Han, and stormtrooper. Exactly the same reason clones are helmet-less, so that we can tell the difference from one another
    Again, they are clones.
  • Options
    The argument that Fives and Echo look very similar without helmets is valid, admittedly if I'm not paying attention I can get them mixed up. Rex on the other hand I never confuse for the other two because of his bald head, but this argument involves putting helmets on all three of them, not just Fives and Echo.

Therein lies the problem; without helmets two of them can be mixed up, with helmets three of them can be mixed up. The argument that the helmets are very different doesn't work for those that can't tell the difference. Not everybody has studied the subtle differences between the three helmets, and it'll be worse when those helmets are shrunk to fit on a tiny phone screen.

You also realize echo and Cody are EXACTLY the same.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options

Yes, but Cody's in different colored armor. How does that challenge my point?
  • Options

Exactly

echo.jpg
    fives.jpg

The top one is echo
    The bottom one is fives.

Do I win a prize?

Again, they are clones.

Clones with very different play styles, stats, and weaknesses. If they all played the same I'd have no problem as it wouldn't be a big deal to mix up one another. But as of now if I were to mistake Rex for echo (which I can't do now) then there'd be a problem
  • Options

We are talking about faces not armor. And your irrelevant point is, "without helmets two of them can be mixed up, with helmets three of them can be mixed up. " Without helmets 3 in fact can be mixed up. Please do better.
  • Options

We are talking about faces not armor. And your irrelevant point is, "without helmets two of them can be mixed up, with helmets three of them can be mixed up. " Without helmets 3 in fact can be mixed up. Please do better.

You can easily see cody's coloured armour in his picture
  • Options

That's not the point....
  • Options

Explain jawas
  • Options

That's not the point....

The point is to be able to see a characters icon and recognize who they are, so if each of their armor is different colours but still present in the picture I couldn't care less if they had helmets as I'd be able to tell from the colour. But as of now 3 out of the 5 are blue, one of those three is easily distinguishable, the other two are a little bit harder to tell but still easily possible.
  • Options

I repeat what has been pointed out numerous times. If you can easily notice and distinguish the difference between a tiny goatee shrunk to fit on a tiny phone screen, surely you have the ability to notice the much more obvious differences in the helmets!!!!
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options

I don't think I can do better at this point. I conceded that Fives and Echo can be mixed up, but pointed out Rex's bald head has him clearly stand out from those two. Not sure what else I can say to explain my point here.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

That's not the point....

The point is to be able to see a characters icon and recognize who they are, so if each of their armor is different colours but still present in the picture I couldn't care less if they had helmets as I'd be able to tell from the colour. But as of now 3 out of the 5 are blue, one of those three is easily distinguishable, the other two are a little bit harder to tell but still easily possible.

You're telling me you looked at the pictures of the helmets, and you got confused because 3 of the helmets were blue? How do you tell Vader, Kylo Ren, FOTP, TFP, IG-88, Death Trooper, and Sith Assassin apart? They all have black helmets. And Jawas must give you conniptions.
  • flux_rono
    2142 posts Member
    Options

That's not the point....

You're telling me you looked at the pictures of the helmets, and you got confused because 3 of the helmets were blue? How do you tell Vader, Kylo Ren, FOTP, TFP, IG-88, Death Trooper, and Sith Assassin apart? They all have black helmets. And Jawas must give you conniptions.

Vader has a lightsaber and is a EXTREMLY iconic character that non-fan can easily distinguish, kylo has a lightsaber with 2 blade vents on the side (idk what to call them), ig-88 is a robot very hard to confuse him for anyone else also its a head not helmet, deathtrooper is a black stormtrooper (one of a kind pretty much), sith trooper is also black but has a squarer head and has red markings, sith assassin has a red double blade with a bada$$ mask, FOTP is full dark black armor, TFP is lighter black (grey almost) with white on his helmet