Possible spoiler for The Last Jedi

DatBoi
3615 posts Member
edited March 2017
Luke does not know Rey

In a private footage screening of episode 8 for disney executives, Luke reportedly asks rey "who are you?" After she offers him his lightsaber.

How many theories do yall think this disproves?
Post edited by DatBoi on

Replies

• Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    That Luke is Rey's mom.

He could still be her dad though.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Supercat wrote: »
    That Luke is Rey's mom.

He wouldn't ask her who she was if they were related
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    That Luke is Rey's mom.

How you know?
    Could be bluffing.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    That Luke is Rey's mom.

The mother could have left when pregnant.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Iceih_SWG wrote: »
    That Luke is Rey's mom.

I feel like they've built Luke up to be too knowledgable and almost omniscient to the point where it would be weird if there was some big reveal involving both of them that neither were even slightly aware of. There's no way Luke would be completely ignorant about something like that. He would "sense" something in the force about her. And thats even assuming that Luke had some romantic fling with someone, which I have a hard time seeing as a possibility. Even in ROTJ he started adopting that weird, emotionless, monk-like Jedi persona that wouldn't seem conducive to a romantic relationship.
  • Options
    Rey is the daughter of Han and Leia. Luke was simply helping her to break the memory wipe he gave her.

Interestingly enough and somewhat related, did you know?

Finn is the grandson of Mace. He survived and had an affair with a very young Monmotha during his recovery.

Poe is a second cousin, on his mothers side, to Wedge. She was elderly when she had Poe.

Maz is Yodas estranged lover. She had a bar to run.

Snoak is Tarkin. Palpatine saved him and trained him to replace Vader. He saw it all but couldn't prevent his own demise.

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    snarzenal wrote: »
    Rey is the daughter of Han and Leia. Luke was simply helping her to break the memory wipe he gave her.

Interestingly enough and somewhat related, did you know?

Finn is the grandson of Mace. He survived and had an affair with a very young Monmotha during his recovery.

Poe is a second cousin, on his mothers side, to Wedge. She was elderly when she had Poe.

Maz is Yodas estranged lover. She had a bar to run.

Snoak is Tarkin. Palpatine saved him and trained him to replace Vader. He saw it all but couldn't prevent his own demise.

Of course.

also the ration guy on Jakku is a distant cousin of the guy who runs the diner in AOTC

Hux is Palpatine's son in law

3PO's red arm was built from spare parts of Obi-Wans starfighter

Phasma is Boba Fett's daughter

and BB8 is R2's $#it
  • Options
    But spoiler in the title! Ugh.
  • Options
    Rey doesn't have parents, she was made from midichlorians, duh.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    But spoiler in the title! Ugh.
    Sorry, ill fix it
  • Options
    snarzenal wrote: »

dude I had a similar theory darken survived the destruction of the death star and studied the force
  • Options
    Snoke is extra-galactic. It has basically been confirmed with Thrawn's new origin.
  • Options
    That Luke is Rey's mom.

I feel like they've built Luke up to be too knowledgable and almost omniscient to the point where it would be weird if there was some big reveal involving both of them that neither were even slightly aware of. There's no way Luke would be completely ignorant about something like that. He would "sense" something in the force about her. And thats even assuming that Luke had some romantic fling with someone, which I have a hard time seeing as a possibility. Even in ROTJ he started adopting that weird, emotionless, monk-like Jedi persona that wouldn't seem conducive to a romantic relationship.

Vader couldn't "sense" something in the force about Leia when he met her. I mean, the dude had premonitions about his mom dying a galaxy away and also of his wife dying...but he couldn't tell Leia was his daughter. Hell, Palpatine had to tell him Luke was his son. What makes you think Luke would be able to tell of Rey is his daughter?
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    That Luke is Rey's mom.

Vader couldn't "sense" something in the force about Leia when he met her. I mean, the dude had premonitions about his mom dying a galaxy away and also of his wife dying...but he couldn't tell Leia was his daughter. Hell, Palpatine had to tell him Luke was his son. What makes you think Luke would be able to tell of Rey is his daughter?

Because the new movies are actually planned out. Lucas had no idea leia was vaders daughter until return of the jedi.
  • Options
    That Luke is Rey's mom.

Because the new movies are actually planned out. Lucas had no idea leia was vaders daughter until return of the jedi.

Well, the plan was for Leia to play a big part in Episode 9, if you believe the stories after Carrie Fisher died...guess that isn't going to happen.

Plans can change.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    That Luke is Rey's mom.

Well, the plan was for Leia to play a big part in Episode 9, if you believe the stories after Carrie Fisher died...guess that isn't going to happen.

Plans can change.
    Fair enough. But reys parentage is being answered in episode 8. Before carrie fisher died
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Luke does not know Rey

In a private footage screening of episode 8 for disney executives, Luke reportedly asks rey "who are you?" After she offers him his lightsaber.

None. I still believe Rey is Luke's daughter.

When the jedi temple was attacked, Rey was there. She was saved by Kylo when one of the knights of Ren tried to kill her. Kylo wanted to protect an innocent little girl who was also family - his little cousin. Kylo then took her to Jakku, to hide her where she would live at the very least a safe life. This is why he was angry when he learned a girl from Jakku helped the escape of BB8 and FIN. He knew it was Rey.

Luke believed that Rey had been killed in the jedi massacre. Seeing Rey at the end of the movie, he did not see who she really was, because he thought she died many years ago as a little girl. She would not have looked the same as she did when she was little and as Luke remembered her.
  • Options
    Has everyone ditched the clone theory at this point?
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Boo wrote: »
    Luke does not know Rey

None. I still believe Rey is Luke's daughter.

When the jedi temple was attacked, Rey was there. She was saved by Kylo when one of the knights of Ren tried to kill her. Kylo wanted to protect an innocent little girl who was also family - his little cousin. Kylo then took her to Jakku, to hide her where she would live at the very least a safe life. This is why he was angry when he learned a girl from Jakku helped the escape of BB8 and FIN. He knew it was Rey.

Luke believed that Rey had been killed in the jedi massacre. Seeing Rey at the end of the movie, he did not see who she really was, because he thought she died many years ago as a little girl. She would not have looked the same as she did when she was little and as Luke remembered her.

Except for the fact that rey was left on jakku way before kylo destroyed the academy.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    This literally tells us nothing. Lots of trailers like to use lines out of context to throw you off, Star Wars has done this many times before.
  • Options
    Luke probably got so much tail traveling the galaxy as the Jedi who beat the empire that I wouldn't be surprised if Rey, Poe, Finn, and BB8 where all his kids