GW difficulty increases dramatically at level 60

Replies

• Options
    The match making AI is just horribly random, with zero logic to ensure challenging... but not ridiculously over-powered... opponents. For example, at level 52 I was given the following opponents back-to-back starting with match 5
    Full squad of 59s@5* all gear 7+
    Full squad of 61s@5* & 6* all gear 7+
    3 x 63s@5* & 2x 64@7* all gear 7+. The 64s were Sid and Dukoo.

That last team was +57 levels, +8* and +6-8 gear over my best (capped) team.

With gear/mission caps at 52, it simply was not possible to complete match 7, even using suicide squads to burn off cooldowns, and hours determining the optimal tap/skill sequence. Managed to kill all but Dukoo, but with the power level difference and 100% counter, he might as well be a full squad. My hardest hitters do about 20% of his health, while he counters for 50% to my tanks and 1-shots the squishies. To have even a remote chance of beating this opponent, I would have needed another fresh squad on par with my best team... and then there's the 5 remaining matches.

Seriously EA, this is a game. I enjoy a challenge, but please adjust your GW logic so it is always within the realm of possibility to complete a full run. I'm not saying make it easy, just never impossible. Impossible is not fun, just frustrating.
  • Options
    Its only the 3rd battle and I get this?

http://i.imgur.com/rfE6GqT.png
  • Options
    What's your Arena rank? If you are lower than 150 it seems for me GW gets harder.
    I dropped my rank 30 back up to 170 and GW became a joke.
    I run 5 stars Lumi, JC, Fives, Sid, Leia ( she's 4 stars ) or Captain Phasma.
    I also have a bench of level 20,s to rid me of a hard groups specials.
    Trick is if you use a bench, only use 4 not 5.
    This will allow one round for enemy to spend up specials and any tank taunts.
    Load up your A team and destroy them.
  • Options
    drop down to 400s in Arena for some real cheese puff opponents.
    and yeah, get your bench ready. CG is basically saying get a good bench. the upcoming jedi event says that. 5 Jedi. If u dont have u dont' get reward. in future, resistance event, empire event, ewok event. if ur bench is weak u'll cry to the forums. me? I'm ready. i'm in the 500s rank and I clean up on Galatic war everyday. seems people aren't very strategic in their accounts
  • Options
    Only ranked 317
  • FashionFett
    891 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Lots of speculation that Arena Rank is the only criteria for Galatic War opponents, but that may not be completely true:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/4545/how-does-galactic-war-matchmaking-work

I believe there is another thread with a developer on Reddit who mentioned a little about this "matchmaking", but I'm still looking for it.

This may help:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/88149#Comment_88149
  • Options
    drop down to 400s in Arena for some real cheese puff opponents.
    and yeah, get your bench ready. CG is basically saying get a good bench. the upcoming jedi event says that. 5 Jedi. If u dont have u dont' get reward. in future, resistance event, empire event, ewok event. if ur bench is weak u'll cry to the forums. me? I'm ready. i'm in the 500s rank and I clean up on Galatic war everyday. seems people aren't very strategic in their accounts

You shouldn't have to choose between GW and arena
  • Options
    At least it was the third...
  • Niblek
    2 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Used to enjoy GW, this is garbage..

http://imgur.com/ynDTCRz
  • Options
    I couldn't even send in a suicide squad today
    Sucks because I was sure I had it today

17732457_02f3_44ec_9589_5594ccc51a28.png

• Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    SfsJazz wrote: »
    Its only the 3rd battle and I get this?

http://i.imgur.com/rfE6GqT.png

Really? Just send in a suicide squad and POE will be easy take care..
  • Options
    The Devs really need to do something about the complete randomness of the teams people are being paired against. I don't think anyone has any problem with being given challenging fights, its when players are matched against opponents that they have no chance of beating that people have a problem with. Its damaging for the game's future as when players feel that things are not fair they stop having fun, and when people stop having fun they stop playing.

They need to do something to stop people being paired against opponents that completely outmatch them. Even a quick solution such as putting a cap on how far about you the opponents team is allowed to be would be something until the Devs made a full review of their system.
  • Options
    This has happened a few times but this time worse than ever....

Galactic War attempt: enemy dodges/deflects 60% of my attacks and crit about 50% of the time.

Arena, same thing. Crit/dodge/resist fest....

And not a single shard obtained in over 100 energy spent in cantina battles,and over 100 energy in hard mode battles.

The odds seem almost impossible...

How do we get past a horrible streak of bad luck (low seed numbers in RGN)???
  • Options
    For GW...switch a toon out for another or switch leaders.

The rest is just keep tryin...
  • Options
    Uninstall!
  • Options
    BillyBeans wrote: »
    For GW...switch a toon out for another or switch leaders.
    An odd thing that seem to also work is changing places.

I was in GW and Talia was badly damaged, so I tossed her in hoping to heal her with Lumi or JC on the first turn, but she got insta-whacked by Sid (not his AoE, just his base).

Just as an experiment I took her out then switched her and Lumi in the spot (and placed Talia where Lumi had been - 4th instead of last). Sid attacked Lumi. So it seems that the RNG picked a "slot" for Sid to attack, not a character.

Talia survived (as did Lumi - although his heal block made it a pita)

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Only thing that changed with my squad is I hit lvl 61

Until today, I hadn't lost a toon in the last 15 GWs, today I lost 5 and haven't cleared yet, and don't expect to

Yesterday my opening opponent averaged 4* lvl 38, today it was 5* lvl 50. Ninth node was 6 and 7 * lvl 67s.

I have 2 7* 2 5* 1 4*

Today was the first time I saw a 7 star in GW, and I saw 6 of them

There officially is no rhyme or reason to GW MM

Not a complaint, just an observation
  • Options
    11 levels down opening opponent. I'm jealous. I typically face fellow LVL 70 opponents from 1-12 and I might see 1-2 5* and 3-4, 6* of the 72 enemies, the rest are 7* and I see nothing but purple. Count your blessings.
  • Options
    Like I said, not a complaint, I was putting this out there for other people. Weirdos like me who try to figure out the equations based on data.
  • Options
    Don't worry it gets even harder. I hit 61 about a few days ago and now in GW by the 4th or 5th fight im going up against 5 6* characters. After that it gets even worst.. I only have 2 7*, 1 6*, 1 5* and rest are 4*...i can't even explain it.
  • Options
    I enjoyed the easy clears and got a 7* Lumi out of them, back to the drawing board
  • Options
    I had the same experience. Hit level 61, lucky if I can make it through 9 nodes. I only failed to complete GW twice since I first unlocked it. Now I've finished it once since lvl 60.

I need a deeper bench. I'd also be happy not facing so many lvl 65 7* purple gear Phasma/Sid/Lumi/Dooku/GS or FOTP murder squads (three in a row tonight). Had to use two suicide runs just to kill GS, then had my good toons picked apart by Dancing Dooku (4 attacks in a row, if you count his double counter and double strike immediately after). I would have been ok if I had all my best toons healthy, but slogging through this same team so many times is impossible to do and keep everyone healthy. I could have kept retreating and trying again, but at some point it is just too much, so I have to call it after just earning two GW shipments today instead of 3.
  • Options
    Match making is a black hole and is very random. I haven't lost a war since I reached mid 50s and funny enough, it has become easier for me in the 60s. It might be because I have levelled up the stunners/ healers combo or maybe because of the patch. Apart from the couple of mandatory Poe/ heavy hitters I usually get to face off with healer/tanks unlike before the patch. Not sure if it's just in my head, though.

Good news is, GW match making is being worked on. Right now you'll get ppl saying it's either too easy or too hard. Before the patch, I would have pointed to the requirement of a deeper bench but nowadays it's usually my Arena team the 1st few matches and sub to healer/stunner soon as I get the higher difficulty teams. I need cannon fodder very rarely now so the lack of a deeper bench should not be contributing to GW becoming harder. Maybe the match making is really beeped up but in my and my wife's account, difficulty levels have been constant. Easy for me, tough for her. In her case, lack of properly levelled healers/stunners are the problem. For context, I just reached 70 and she, 60.
  • Options
    Anyone else get their butt whooped in GW today? I can't remember the last time I didn't cruise though but today didn't make it past the 9th battle.

This happen to anyone else?
  • kejmo
    213 posts Member
    Options
    I really don't see the point in GW matching up me (currently lvl 46, 4*sid, lumi, talia, JC,chewy/phasma) against 6*, purple geared lvl 57's (todays example sid, dooku,opress,ashoka). after 1st turn my 3 chars are dead.

I don't know if anyone from EA devs is reading these forums, but i would really like to see how one of them can beat that stage with their pro skills, because that's obviously their explanation - that GW is "challenging".

Yes, it is fun and challenging when guys are 5 lvls above me, and give some resistance and thinking how to beat them with planning and a little bit of rng help, but come on, 11 lvls difference and at least 4k (maybe i even said too little) points more power ? That is not a challenge.

That is just a very bad mm algorythm. Or, what is more probable, corporative way of forcing people to pay more to pass this stupidity as soon as possible.

mho.
  • Options
    Completely agree, I actually find myself dreading having to do GW now because I can no longer complete it. I was completing it everyday for over a month until I hit 63/64 and increased my power by 1.5k and went from arena placing 70 to 60. It's quite literally impossible now cuz I face level 67/68s with almpst full 7* phasma teams as early as the 6th node
  • Options
    Making GW scale with current arena rank makes can give players a choice between GW rewards and pvp rewards based on what they need. If someone is need of GW shipments then they can purposefully only fight pvp matches thst increase their ranks by 1/2. If someone needs PVP shipments they have to deal with a harder GW run to compensate. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    Also im saying current pvp rank as in the rank you get the rewards for when they are mailed out.
  • Zerx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Don't really agree with the dependence on arena rank, regardless if that is how it is done now. I'd prefer to wait on the GW update that will tighten the matchmaking ranks to your team stats as alluded to by CG John Salera which will hopefully improve the situation ( with or without arena rank influence) without forcing people to choose between arena and gw rewards by scaling it to arena rank as you suggest. Sorry.
  • Options
    ReyOP wrote: »
    Completely agree, I actually find myself dreading having to do GW now because I can no longer complete it. I was completing it everyday for over a month until I hit 63/64 and increased my power by 1.5k and went from arena placing 70 to 60. It's quite literally impossible now cuz I face level 67/68s with almpst full 7* phasma teams as early as the 6th node

I've completed GW so many times. If u meet levels 70's send in a suicide team with a strong health hero. Make sure all enemies have a turn or two. If you don't have a tanking suicide, u should invest and build your heroes. It's one way to win.