Possible Phoenix Counters

Prev1
DatBoi
3615 posts Member
Here's my idea for a counter to Phoenix Squadron:

Nihilus (L)
Palpatine (shock, stun to prevent buffs, counters, assists, health/protection/tm gain)
Dooku (same as palp but is also crazy good under Nihilus lead)
Maul (daze to prevent assists and counters, but might be too slow w/out zeta lead to be viable)
Zarris (frequent enemy attacks with crits give allies health and debuffs allies)

obviously there are many other possible counter toons (TFP, B2, Deathtrooper, zaul lead) but what do y'all think?

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    With all the debuffs this team is placing, you're gonna need Sid for additional heal immunity. Also, Phoenix has no passive taunt, so fast raw damage could work as well. Droids comeback maybe?
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    With all the debuffs this team is placing, you're gonna need Sid for additional heal immunity. Also, Phoenix has no passive taunt, so fast raw damage could work as well. Droids comeback maybe?
    Yes, speed will certainly be a viable counter. Take out as many as possible, as soon as possible so they cant use all those passives. Maybe return of Lando, Wiggs, STH teams?
  • TronTheKhan
    650 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    All you have to do is kill Hera. Problem solved. Unless you have ridiculous speed mods they won't go faster than a Zaul team.
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Options
    Maybe droids will do good against them?
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Also, poor AI will help a lot on offense (as you said in the megathread)
  • Options
    All you have to do is kill Hera. Problem solved. Unless you have ridiculous speed mods they won't go faster than a Zaul team.

Killing Hera wont do anything since its her leader ability.
  • Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »

Lolz need to kill kanen to stop them counters
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    How bout use intellect to prove Rebels is bad?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Actually, Kanan is probably the first one to kill. After that, no more counters and heal on debuff for others (if Hera lead works as described), so it should be easy.
  • Options
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »

Lolz need to kill kanen to stop them counters

That's true, but he'll easily be over 100k health with average mods on him (cause of the other unique abilities), so good luck killing him with anyone but nihilus.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Supercat wrote: »

Rebels fanboys have immunity to intellect.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Supercat wrote: »

Rebels fanboys have immunity to intellect.

Hey, now
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Shock won't stop protection recovery.
    SA could be very helpful here as she can ignore all that crazy protection gains and attack health only.
  • DannyB
    69 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Tbh I think they look pretty slow, of the three on show only chopper is significantly faster than Vader.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone who can dispel and/or dish out quick damage should take them down easily. Since their taunters have a taunting ability, not taunt unique, then once dispelled they should become pretty easy to deal with. Just pick them off one by one.

Plus they don't have any intervention abilities (gaining tm when attacked, intercepting, etc), so they just sit there after the taunts are dispelled. I'm imagining them being similar to the reworked FO team in arena. Not that good on D, but could be fun on offense or elsewhere.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    I'm guessing the Thundercats or Space Ghost and his ship. Either has about as much to do with Star Wars as Phoenix squad does.....lol
  • Radonis
    504 posts Member
    Options
    You do know that TFP and B2 have Buff immunity so wont that cancel out the Passive buffs?
  • Options
    It may be unbeatable.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    It may be unbeatable.

Chill out. Lets wait until they're seen in action to make judgements like that
  • Options
    Also think about the HUGE price to get a full 7 star gear 11 phoenix squad. Most likely only 1 or 2 in a shard at best. And if someone wants to spend 3000 bucks on them they can have the extra 50 crystals in the arena.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

Nihilus (L)
    Palpatine (shock, stun to prevent buffs, counters, assists, health/protection/tm gain)
    Maul (daze to prevent assists and counters, but might be too slow w/out zeta lead to be viable)
    Zarris (frequent enemy attacks with crits give allies health and debuffs allies)

obviously there are many other possible counter toons (TFP, B2, Deathtrooper, zaul lead) but what do y'all think?

I think you forgot you put Nihilus as lead when you added Zarriss as your fifth. Nihilus lead doesn't allow any type of heal except health steal.

The optimal team for beating what we have seen so far is Zaul lead, Zidious, and Nihilus. Stealth and daze both prevent counterattacks, and Sid does heal immunity that blocks the rest. Throw in a Sith Assassin to make sure your Sith go first and all three of the Phoenix squad revealed so far don't have a single unique among them.

I'm not super happy that the perfect counter to what is supposed to be a powerful new team just happens to be the most meta team already in use. Hopefully the remaining team members have something that will keep Zaul from smashing them flat without even noticing the bump.
  • Options
    It may be unbeatable.

I've looked through every possible scenario. Team cannot be beat. It's the team thats finally gonna break the game.
  • Options
    It may be unbeatable.

I've looked through every possible scenario. Team cannot be beat. It's the team thats finally gonna break the game.

Or the next wiggs chaze killer team
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    It may be unbeatable.

Lol. You have no idea how the team will play out. Yeah, it will be good, but we haven't even seen stats for zeb, sabine, or ezra
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    It may be unbeatable.

It can be beat. They aren't that fast from the start and they don't have a mass cleansing ability. They will be very susceptible to debuffs, especially shock, buff immunity, healing immunity and daze. DoTs probably won't be very helpful in this case, and speed down doesn't seem as good as it could be as they all gain TM when using specials unless they're already shocked/dazed. This team doesn't look unbeatable at all. It looks powerful, but certainly beatable.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    It may be unbeatable.

What is the speed of Ezra and Sabine in your scenario?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    It may be unbeatable.

What is the speed of Ezra and Sabine in your scenario?

617 and 588 respectively I believe.
  • Options
    Lol. I'm kidding. Zaul teams should be able to crush them.
  • Options

Nihilus (L)

I think you forgot you put Nihilus as lead when you added Zarriss as your fifth. Nihilus lead doesn't allow any type of heal except health steal.

The optimal team for beating what we have seen so far is Zaul lead, Zidious, and Nihilus. Stealth and daze both prevent counterattacks, and Sid does heal immunity that blocks the rest. Throw in a Sith Assassin to make sure your Sith go first and all three of the Phoenix squad revealed so far don't have a single unique among them.

I'm not super happy that the perfect counter to what is supposed to be a powerful new team just happens to be the most meta team already in use. Hopefully the remaining team members have something that will keep Zaul from smashing them flat without even noticing the bump.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Two out of the three Phoenix members have a unique. Chopper and Kan.
  • RAzZin
    32 posts Member
    Options
    Imho Zaul sith team will crush new rebels. On Offense ofc.