Rey's last name?

Prev13
USAmazing
1157 posts Member
edited February 2016
Which last name is most likely going to be Rey's last name?
"You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Rey's last name? 119 votes

Solo
13%
IricsArillianAbysmalDarksideNutteralexKurt_TellerThalosKiranoArijitNerfherder17USAmazingAlan2807YGBslicknic9RogerMoore_007CometheloserTMGaming227HeroOfCanton 16 votes
Skywalker
44%
RolfTelaanJ7000Syth_HunterTimbaIvoB1987DarkBreetaiBoro_Smooth1jeremyj26SlythRinnEquiNooXRogan_Ban84VelvethunderDvoraktjw_tjw14OmarFPGBrobiWanKenobiSlevinBurgerDreamwalk3r 53 votes
Kenobi
21%
DavoZarAziSysyRandallpay2winKAULIWompyRatAhsokaGuanoAySteezyStefchouErick_BFNInternetSwagFherMikymateTuftedpaper85depewcampbellDeimosLandonAeroFinalGreyJediDV_27 26 votes
Calrissian
5%
chimiXchangaWillkimm98Juan123LazerriftAruberitualgaming 6 votes
None of the above
15%
SubmarineManLargKelleincosmicturtle333stupidfatfoolDarthMasterShawnKylothekillerkozakjanosBaalCaptSeaWalkerZekexLordOfTheChinStok3dTiskilzzAgueybanaLunaMaatmedetecOuchieCtfivefivefive 18 votes

Replies

• Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    None of the above
    Rey is Snoke's father.
    It's complicated...you'll see.
  • Options
    Ban.. Her last name is Ban.
  • Options
    None of the above
    Who's that jumpin' out the sky?
    R-E-Y Mysterio!
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    None of the above
    It's obviously Gunray.
  • stupidfatfool
    715 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    None of the above
    It's obviously Gunray.

The name is Rey. Rey Gunray.
  • Options
    None of the above
    Bann
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Skywalker
    Her last name is also Rey.
  • Options
    None of the above
    Daughter of Lando? Maybe.. i think its Snoke.. The father.. Or shes the brother of Poe
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Skywalker
    Pretty sure she's Luke's. But who's the mother, I wonder!
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Solo
    She's Leia's and Han's. Although it'd be more cool if she turned out to be Yoda's love child with this fine piece of totty.

jocasta-nu_a3b32f08.jpeg?region=18%2C0%2C2208%2C1242&width=768
  • Options
    Rey does have an awful big forehead.. Maybe Luke got Leia'd before he found out about the Vader father stuff. :/
  • Options
    None of the above
    Soze
  • Options
    -Ban.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Nicks075
    210 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Rey is actually her last name. Her first name is Nerf.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • Options
    Sue.... I went there.
  • Options
    Skywalker
    Stok3d wrote: »
    Bann

+1
    Roger roger
  • Options
    Skywalker
    Nicks075 wrote: »
    Rey is actually her last name. Her first name is Nerf.

Lol
  • Options
    Solo
    There are a few things in the movie that lead me to believe she is kylos twin.
    1. In the books I believe Leia and Han had twins. 2. When kylo is informed there is a girl helping poe and finn he gets very interested and says something to the effect of "what girl?" Why would this be included if it wasn't important.
    3.there are a few times on the falcon that Rey and Han finish each others sentences.
    4. When kylo captures Rey he tells her han may be like a father to you, but he would just let you down.
    5. Maz asks Han "who is the girl?" And then the scene is interrupted. This must be important if it was included.
    6. Han calls Luke "kid" several times. He also calla Finn "kid"several times. He never calls Rey kid. It would be too obvious of a clue.
    7. Rey takes control of the falcon after Hans death to keep it in the family.
    8. Rey is present when Han is killed and there is no real reason for her to be there except to witness this.
    9. Leia emotionally hugs Rey who is basically a stranger .
    10. Kylo and Rey are very evenly matched in force battles they engage in. She also keeps up with a light sabers with no training. They look to be a similar age and also have similar coloring.
    What do you guys think? Do I winz the monies?
  • Options
    Whoa, this again?

Screw it.. Her name is REY BINKS.

Deal with it.
  • Options
    Solo
    Whoa, what again? Did I miss something?
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Skywalker
    @Widget_gaget

1. In the books I believe Leia and Han had twins.
    -True, but they've already made major departures.

2. When kylo is informed there is a girl helping poe and finn he gets very interested and says something to the effect of "what girl?" Why would this be included if it wasn't important.
    -Assuming she's Luke's daughter, who also trained at the Jedi facility. So they could still easily know each other.

3.there are a few times on the falcon that Rey and Han finish each others sentences.
    -That's not compelling.

4. When kylo captures Rey he tells her han may be like a father to you, but he would just let you down.
    -Doesn't mean he's her actual father. In fact "like a father" implies otherwise.

5. Maz asks Han "who is the girl?" And then the scene is interrupted. This must be important if it was included.
    -Agree. But equally true if she was Luke's daughter, which Han would still know. Incidentally, I'm pretty sure the lightsaber called to her because it's *hers* from when she was training with the rest of the kids. To whom would Luke give the lightsaber that both he and his father used? Why, his daughter of course. I'm betting Luke used a force suggestion on her to blank her memories, so that he could hide her on a nowhere world where the fallen Kylo could never find her.

6. Han calls Luke "kid" several times. He also calla Finn "kid"several times. He never calls Rey kid. It would be too obvious of a clue.
    -Could be relevant, but hard to say. It may just be because he knows her more closely, again because he's met Luke's daughter.

7. Rey takes control of the falcon after Hans death to keep it in the family.
    -Could be. But his *niece* is still "in the family".

8. Rey is present when Han is killed and there is no real reason for her to be there except to witness this.
    -True. But has no bearing on her parentage. She was already feeling close to Han. It's also an echo of Ben dying in E4. Luke was also driven by this and he was no relation to Ben.

9. Leia emotionally hugs Rey who is basically a stranger.
    -Or niece, who she's known since birth. Rey was also pretty emotional when she meets Luke at the end. Perhaps remembering the forgotten family that she's been waiting years to return?

10. Kylo and Rey are very evenly matched in force battles they engage in.
    -They're both grandchildren of Anakin.

She also keeps up with a light sabers with no training.
    -Who says? I bet she was training at Luke's academy, probably even with Kylo.

They look to be a similar age and also have similar coloring.
    -Cousins.

What do you guys think? Do I winz the monies?
    -No telling till the next movie. :)

• Options
    Solo
    I think the whole Luke's daughter is a red herring. The lightsaber "calling out" to her is just there to throw you off and lead you down thewrong path. the fact that Luke never had a love interest other than his sister. Luke doesn't seem to recognize her when they meet.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Skywalker
    I think the whole Luke's daughter is a red herring. The lightsaber "calling out" to her is just there to throw you off and lead you down thewrong path. the fact that Luke never had a love interest other than his sister. Luke doesn't seem to recognize her when they meet.
    (Communism was just a red herring.) ;)
    No question you could be right about them trying to trick us, that's what writers do. There's too many things we don't know though.

Luke may have had time to find a love interest, it's been decades since E6 after all. And why would Han/Leia have fallen apart with losing Kylo if they still had a daughter to take care of? There's no way Han would've abandoned her on Jakku, even (and perhaps even less-so) if she were in danger.
  • Options
    Solo
    The same could be said about Luke and leia, but they were separated at near birth and knew nothing of each other for many years. With the way they have recycled the plot of the OT it is certainly a possibility that kylo and Rey were separated as well. Regarding Luke he absolutely did have time to find a love interest, but I think there would have been at least a small part for her, or at least a mention of Luke's girl if he indeed fathered a child. The thing about mysteries in books and movies is the that you need to have some clue to how to solve it, or there is no pay off when the reveal is made. Besides phasma and maz I don't remember any females in the movie,appearing or mentioned, that could be Luke's love interest. Luke as the father seems wayyyy to obvious to actually be true.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Skywalker
    The same could be said about Luke and leia, but they were separated at near birth and knew nothing of each other for many years. With the way they have recycled the plot of the OT it is certainly a possibility that kylo and Rey were separated as well.
    -Luke and Leia were separated because their father was going to kill/turn them. There's no indication of anything being wrong in new Star Wars land until Kylo turned, so why would they have been separated at birth? It's much more likely that they knew each other, and Rey's just been made to forget.

Regarding Luke he absolutely did have time to find a love interest, but I think there would have been at least a small part for her, or at least a mention of Luke's girl if he indeed fathered a child.
    -Maybe Kylo killed Luke's wife as part of his turning. Only people who would've known to talk about it would be Han and Leia (and Luke, who had no lines), who are hardly even on speaking terms.

The thing about mysteries in books and movies is the that you need to have some clue to how to solve it, or there is no pay off when the reveal is made.
    -Hence the lightsaber clue, and Rey's otherwise unaccounted for knowledge of The Force.

Besides phasma and maz I don't remember any females in the movie,appearing or mentioned, that could be Luke's love interest.
    -Cause she's dead? There wasn't really a time to talk about Luke having a wife or child, except perhaps the Han/Maz scene you cite where they cut us out.

Luke as the father seems wayyyy to obvious to actually be true.
    -Maybe, but this is Star Wars, not Sherlock Holmes. Besides, they can't reuse the "I am your father" line if it's Han.
  • Options
    Kenobi
    She is Chewie's daughter. I shave my armpits too.
  • Options
    Solo
    Fair arguments, but it is going to be a huge disappointment if they reveal Luke is her father. It seems so weak. It's not out of the relm of possibility, but if they spent any time at all crafting the future story they would have to come up with something better than that.
  • Options
    Solo
    Another echo of the OT I was pondering is that Rey eventually ends up saving her brother and bringing him back to the light once it is revealed to them. They spent a huge amount of time in TFA talking about the solo family and showing interaction between them , which may be the mirror of the Skywalker family in the OT.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Skywalker
    Another echo of the OT I was pondering is that Rey eventually ends up saving her brother and bringing him back to the light once it is revealed to them. They spent a huge amount of time in TFA talking about the solo family and showing interaction between them , which may be the mirror of the Skywalker family in the OT.
    I think Rey saving Kylo is likely. They don't have to be twins, (which incidentally would also be the obvious author cop-out choice with the family history). They can still be cousins and have a strong family connection. Or Kylo saves Rey from Snoke, a la E6.

Although in the books, (book spoiler:)
    Jaina didn't save Jacen, she had to kill him.
  • Options
    Solo
    Wish I never read this thread I haven't seen the bloody film but now I know Han dies oh bugger