Sith w/o EP?

Ntz
15 posts Member
Hello.

I'm F2P player. I'm at level 72, so lots of areas to work on, but want to try to keep focus. Was going Bounty Hunters, but it seems like outside IG-88 and Boba Fett, I might be barking up the wrong tree, especially early in my career. Right now, I can easily farm Heists for my level, so I'm probably good.

Anyway, I really would like to play Sith. Is it at all viable to run a Sith team without EP? I lack the 5* Rebels to unlock him this go round, and so I'm wondering if I should focus on Rebels until the next EP event, or build up my Sith without EP for now, and try to do Rebs on the side to get EP next time. As an aside, is EP worth it at 5*, or if I really want to play Sith should I go whole hog rebels until the next event to try to complete all Sith challanges.

If it helps, the Sith I'd likely run are Vadar, Sidious, Maul, Dooku, and Trooper

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Options
    Ntz wrote: »
    Hello.

I'm F2P player. I'm at level 72, so lots of areas to work on, but want to try to keep focus. Was going Bounty Hunters, but it seems like outside IG-88 and Boba Fett, I might be barking up the wrong tree, especially early in my career. Right now, I can easily farm Heists for my level, so I'm probably good.

Anyway, I really would like to play Sith. Is it at all viable to run a Sith team without EP? I lack the 5* Rebels to unlock him this go round, and so I'm wondering if I should focus on Rebels until the next EP event, or build up my Sith without EP for now, and try to do Rebs on the side to get EP next time. As an aside, is EP worth it at 5*, or if I really want to play Sith should I go whole hog rebels until the next event to try to complete all Sith challanges.

If it helps, the Sith I'd likely run are Vadar, Sidious, Maul, Dooku, and Trooper

Any advice greatly appreciated.

If you got SA, DN and ST from the event I'd run Maul, SA, DN, ST and savage
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Ntz
    15 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks. Any other thoughts?
  • Options
    Build your rebels. Took me two EP events to 7* him... but even at 6* he was very useful.
  • Options
    It's doable, but only if you Zeta Maul down the road
  • Options
    Heck of a lot easier to 7* EP than Zeta Maul at his level.
  • Options
    Probably, though I am assuming in the event if he doesn't want to detour resources to a rebel team and focus only building his sith team sans EP ...

I was in the same spot a month ago, but decided to just get my token Lando, Ackbar, StHan, Biggs and HRS (all farmable) to a baseline level to get EP. It was worth it for sure, esp when you include DN in the mix
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Probably, though I am assuming in the event if he doesn't want to detour resources to a rebel team and focus only building his sith team sans EP ...

I was in the same spot a month ago, but decided to just get my token Lando, Ackbar, StHan, Biggs and HRS (all farmable) to a baseline level to get EP. It was worth it for sure, esp when you include DN in the mix

This is a good suggestion. Assuming you do not want to invest resources into Rebels. Lando and StH are also scoundrels, so they will help you get the credit heist along with Boba and 88. You probably have Chewy also, so there's your 5. Your good.

Getting EP isn't too difficult, but you do need 5 rebels. You have Lando and StH, and those 2 are key. Biggs is an easy farm with the GW. And he has a taunting ship, so worth the investment. AA and HRS are both easy farms in Arena, and can be helpful for EP. AA can let Lando double down twice, and HRSc can stun. The other potential option is the new Rebels toons, though who knows when/how you can get them to 7*.

Yes, a Sith squad can be fine without EP. But you will want EP eventually. You can probably get him unlocked around G8 for the Rebel squad. May take some RNG though.
  • Ntz
    15 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies!

I don't know how to link my profile, and a cursory glance around (very cursory) didn't avail me of the info. I do want to run EP, but being F2P, I sort of want to go with my desires to keep me into the game. In that sense, I find a Sith squad to be exciting, which sort of makes me want to avoid the Rebel hoops, just to get to EP. That said, I got through the 4* mission this time, and so was frustrated I couldn't unlock him.

I currently have:
    6* ST Han - G7
    5* Lando - G6
    4* Baze - G8
    4* Luke
    4* Bistan
    4* Ackbar
    3* Biggs
    3* Cassian
    3* Hera

To be fair, my biggest complaint on farming Rebs is I just don't find the easy to farm ones that interesting. On one hand, I should probably just buck up, farm Luke/Lando/Han/Ackbar/Biggs or add Wedge for Luke and be done with it, but it's suppose to be a game for fun, so I also just sort of want to go after the other Sith. I do have a lot more interest in the aesthetics of the Rogue One people, but as mentioned above, although they'll become farmable in the next 6 weeks, I don't know how and doing so might put me high and dry for the next EP event.

As an aside, my main squad right now is/was Scoundrel (Fett(L), IG-88, Zam, Baze, and ST Han so for my level, Heists have been a walk in the park so far.

I appreciate all the responses. If others have thoughts, or you all have some additional ones, I'm all ears. If not, I appreciate your input in helping me pick a direction.
  • Ntz
    15 posts Member
    Options
    So, here's my current plan. If anyone is willing to comment on it, that'd be great.

I took a look at the squad I wanted to run (Sith) and where I could farm them. Based on that, it seems like I can actually farm a couple Rebels without slowing down my Sith (at least stars-wise). I guess I need some additional research on what kind of gear I need to unlock 7* EP, but I'm confident I can get close.

either way, meta changes, and I'd rather focus on Sith sans EP (especially with the 3 new Sith out) and see how it goes. So my F2P farming would be:

GW Store - Biggs (no Sith)
    Cantina Store - Hoth Rebel Scout (silly to go Ahsoko or QGJ as a F2P, and already maxed Boba Fett)
    Arena Store - Level Sidious, then Ackbar, then Finish ST Han (6* now)
    Light Side Battle - Dooku
    Dark Side Battle - Dooku
    Cantina Fight - Lando (also combos with my current Bounty Hunter + Baze Arena Squad)

On caveat is what happens when Rogue One Rebels go F2P. I've got a 4* Baze, and while I know they are really good, I also find them much more interesting to me than Wedge/Biggs/ Rebels so if I think a farm of them is possible, I might switch, depending how my farm is progressing on Biggs and Hoth RS.

Any thoughts welcomed
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Zetas are important!! If you have them than yes.
    I run zaul/Zavage/zooku/sid(almost zeta)/nihilus. Great team that can beat the toughest teams including triple cleanse squads, Zarris and any Rex lead with ease.
    I used to run zaul/Zavage/zooku/ep/gk
    If you make sid really fast and Nihilus following it shuts the enemies down.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    It is pretty crappy that you had to use Rebels to unlock EP. I'd think Biggs, StH, Lando, HRSc, and AA could get EP for you pretty easy. I don't believe you'd need a super high gear level. G8 perhaps? Honestly, you could probably do it through your guild requests if you really wanted to. As for the R1 rebels, see how they become farmable and swap in as it makes sense to you. I wouldn't run 2 tanks, but between StH and Baze you should be able to pick one and go with it.

As for the account, most folks use https://swgoh.gg/. A bonus is that they have a great system for keeping track of your mods.

As mentioned, you can run a Sith squad without EP. So if that's what you want to go for, you can REALLY slow down on the Rebel thing. EP is a great toon (as are some of the Rebels), but certainly go with what you enjoy. One other thing, QGJ and Ahsoka are other great toons to use as a F2P. But you can take your time. QGJ > Ahsoka due to dispel ability. May the Force be with you.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    For me, when I used Ackbar, Lando, HRS, StHan and Biggs, I had them all at level 82 and gear IX with some of my best mods that I borrowed from my main arena team. With that combo I was able to get my 7* EP (barely). I probably didn't structure the mods perfectly since I did it in a hurry, but I can say that I was happy I only used the baseline toons to get EP. I honestly don't use (or like) rebel teams so it didn't feel like a gigantic investment (like trying to really farm Wedge etc) to get a critical character for my sith team.

Also, HRS (scout) was surprisingly useful due to his stun and also his TM boosts. I actually find myself occasionally using him here and there for fun. I thought I would find Lando and Biggs more fun to use but oddly I really enjoy putting HRS to use :)
  • Options
    @Jetlife How is sid before his Zeta? I'm running Zaul, Savage (almost zeta here), Nihilus, EP, Vader. I have a 7* Sid but gearing him up is going to be a pain. Is he worth it before getting the zeta? Should he replace Vader in this lineup?