Just another zeta question.

Knatterton
24 posts Member
edited March 2017
Hi I read a lot about the zeta pros and cons. It's a pity that my guild hast no zeta chars yet. Plz. take look at my roster https://swgoh.gg/u/knatter/. I have an speed issue i am aware of (bad mods)! I realy can not decide whom to zeta tomorrow. Maybe i do zeta qgj. Please help me out of my mess. :)

Atm i stay rank around 100 in arena and 50 in ships. my Arena Team is Wedge (L), Lando, Biggs, Emperor, STH.

I am usually on Rank 1-3 on our guilds rancors. We just do Tier 6 AAT, because we are too weak for HAAT.

I REALLY want to 3star 9-B lightside Hard node to take shoretrooper shards on my daily schedule.

So round up:
  • Whom to zeta
  • Whom to farm for @ cantina nodes (B2, Barris, Ben, Kylo)?
  • Whom to farm for at normal nodes (REALLY NO IDEA)?
Post edited by Knatterton on

Replies

• Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    i'm not going to look at your squad but i can give you this information.

If you want to do better in Raids - Vader
    If you want to solo P1 in Heroic Raid - Kylo Ren
    If you want to do better in Arena - Darth Maul, QGJ, Vader

• Options
    Dhoey321 wrote: »

Vader or Maul? Which one is better to Zeta in your opinion?
  • Knatterton
    24 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

That's exactly the answer i didn't needed. I am really hoping of some pro advises from someone who dares to take an deeper look an my chars. I edit posting 1 with some details. edit: But thx for the quick answer dude ;)
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    I had the same dilemma as you.

I gave mine to Vader because i wanted to do better in raids. I was already staying between rank 15 and 45 for arena so i figured i would give it to Vader to do better in raids and get better gear.
  • Options

I gave mine to Vader because i wanted to do better in raids. I was already staying between rank 15 and 45 for arena so i figured i would give it to Vader to do better in raids and get better gear.

So i read from a lot of people who went back to emperors lead, you don't miss it?
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    A quick look at your characters shows that you don't have many geared/levelled Sith. To be honest, I don't think you are ready to zeta anyone. I would hold your zeta as you gear your toons. I am in the same boat. I almost have enough materials for 2 zetas, but haven't given any away yet because the toons aren't ready. No need to commit to one now.

Now, if you are wanting to focus on raids, then the answer eventually will be Vader or Kylo. Your Vader is geared well, but you don't have the supporting cast ready. I'd imagine that Kylo's soloing trick will not last forever, so I wouldn't use that as the reason to give it to Kylo. Get Sid and Boba geared up, and you could have a nice Vader team ready.

If you want to focus on Arena solely, you could go for Maul. But again, that's a lot of characters to gear. Things could change by then. So my advice is to gear the team you want to put together, and if the zeta is still worth it, commit at that time. Who knows, by the time that happens we could get a zeta for Ackbar or something and those Rebels you have suddenly become exactly what you need again.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    Knatterton wrote: »

So i read from a lot of people who went back to emperors lead, you don't miss it?

The only reason why i don't miss it is because i was targeted when i had emperors lead. Now that i have Darth Maul lead (without zeta) i am either targeted less or my team does better on defense. Either way i am going to keep this team because i've been doing better.

But also listen to evanbio because he looked at your characters. Unless you plan on sticking with the character you give it to, the best option is to wait, especially if yo are considering only for arena. The META changes quickly and if you chase 1 you will miss out on the next or be late always.
  • Options

The only reason why i don't miss it is because i was targeted when i had emperors lead. Now that i have Darth Maul lead (without zeta) i am either targeted less or my team does better on defense. Either way i am going to keep this team because i've been doing better.

But also listen to evanbio because he looked at your characters. Unless you plan on sticking with the character you give it to, the best option is to wait, especially if yo are considering only for arena. The META changes quickly and if you chase 1 you will miss out on the next or be late always.

Whats your lineup`Did you speed moded it well?
  • Knatterton
    24 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    A quick look at your characters shows that you don't have many geared/levelled Sith. To be honest, I don't think you are ready to zeta anyone. I would hold your zeta as you gear your toons. I am in the same boat. I almost have enough materials for 2 zetas, but haven't given any away yet because the toons aren't ready. No need to commit to one now.

Now, if you are wanting to focus on raids, then the answer eventually will be Vader or Kylo. Your Vader is geared well, but you don't have the supporting cast ready. I'd imagine that Kylo's soloing trick will not last forever, so I wouldn't use that as the reason to give it to Kylo. Get Sid and Boba geared up, and you could have a nice Vader team ready.

If you want to focus on Arena solely, you could go for Maul. But again, that's a lot of characters to gear. Things could change by then. So my advice is to gear the team you want to put together, and if the zeta is still worth it, commit at that time. Who knows, by the time that happens we could get a zeta for Ackbar or something and those Rebels you have suddenly become exactly what you need again.

So zeta qgj isnt an option in your Point of view? GK will be missing for a Quote Long time.

Post edited by Knatterton on
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options

So zeta qgj isnt an option in your Point of view? GK will be missing for a Quote Long time.

Again, its about your supporting cast. You have Yoda well geared, but that's just 1. Mace is geared ok, but isn't really considered part of a solid Jedi squad. You really need JKA and Aayla in there. I'm not saying eventually he wouldn't be a good choice, just not a good option today. Save the zeta, pick a route, and if it's still a good investment when your squad is ready, invest it then. It won't expire.
  • Options

Again, its about your supporting cast. You have Yoda well geared, but that's just 1. Mace is geared ok, but isn't really considered part of a solid Jedi squad. You really need JKA and Aayla in there. I'm not saying eventually he wouldn't be a good choice, just not a good option today. Save the zeta, pick a route, and if it's still a good investment when your squad is ready, invest it then. It won't expire.

But also soon there will be the next 20 zetas to be given to some char. So i tend to use the first 20 unwisely =) soon. Without GK QGJ is a lost, i read everywhere. Maybe Vader is the way to go. I really want to make me get through all nodes in GW every day, which was much harder the last days. Do you think Vader helps me there? Or is there a more suitable solution for that?
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    My lineup is Darth Maul (Lead no Zeta)
    Darth Vader
    EP
    Royal Guard
    Boba Fett
    The only one in 200 speed range i Boba Fett and last night i got to rank 15
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    But also soon there will be the next 20 zetas to be given to some char. So i tend to use the first 20 unwisely =) soon. Without GK QGJ is a lost, i read everywhere. Maybe Vader is the way to go. I really want to make me get through all nodes in GW every day, which was much harder the last days. Do you think Vader helps me there? Or is there a more suitable solution for that?

You will eventually regret your lack of patience. ;)

Im not sure what teams you typical run for GW. But if you must Zeta someone soon and are looking for help there, you might as well use QGJ. With a zQGJ, your Jedi will gain foresight at the start of each node, and again whenever you defeat an enemy. You can pair zQGJ with Yoda and Ahsoka. Yoda gains foresight on his own, and can help spread it around as well. And Ahsoka can either provide some additional health when needed, or finish off an opponent to regain that foresight. You could run Ewok Elder and RG with those 3 and get plenty of protection and healing opportunities. Or you can throw in EP for stuns, Wiggs for damage burst, etc. Probably best to rotate those spots depending on the opponent and to build up TM for later nodes.

I could be wrong, but I don't really see zVader helping as much with GW. At least not from a standpoint of rolling node to node.

But my best advice again is to gear up your supporting roster and apply it when a full team is really ready. I have 40 zetas and 26 omegas waiting for when I get some toons geared. I will continue to collect zetas and omegas as they are ready. And if something drastic happens and I don't get my toons ready in time for a meta change, I'll still have those zetas and omegas ready for the next group. The choice, my friend, is yours.
  • Options

You will eventually regret your lack of patience. ;)

Im not sure what teams you typical run for GW. But if you must Zeta someone soon and are looking for help there, you might as well use QGJ. With a zQGJ, your Jedi will gain foresight at the start of each node, and again whenever you defeat an enemy. You can pair zQGJ with Yoda and Ahsoka. Yoda gains foresight on his own, and can help spread it around as well. And Ahsoka can either provide some additional health when needed, or finish off an opponent to regain that foresight. You could run Ewok Elder and RG with those 3 and get plenty of protection and healing opportunities. Or you can throw in EP for stuns, Wiggs for damage burst, etc. Probably best to rotate those spots depending on the opponent and to build up TM for later nodes.

I could be wrong, but I don't really see zVader helping as much with GW. At least not from a standpoint of rolling node to node.

But my best advice again is to gear up your supporting roster and apply it when a full team is really ready. I have 40 zetas and 26 omegas waiting for when I get some toons geared. I will continue to collect zetas and omegas as they are ready. And if something drastic happens and I don't get my toons ready in time for a meta change, I'll still have those zetas and omegas ready for the next group. The choice, my friend, is yours.

Thx, for your time and the quality of your replies. I think, i'll try zQGJ and while I gear up my Jedi's (Hey, there is a lifesize Yoda standing in my bathroom i bought on my wedding trip to NY - Whom to go when not with the Jedi?)

so: zQGJ (L) - Yoda - Ahsoka - N.N. 1 - N.N. 2

The also important step is to search for a guild, which can HAAT, so i even have a chance to get Kenobi shards. In my guild i am the first to zeta a char and there are few who go 600 per day...

I really should go Barris then and make Yoda as fast as possible, should I?
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Definitely want Yoda to be fast. He can give tenacity up which would prevent the debuffs flying around by the dark side. And he can give that foresight to your non-Jedi toons, making those initial attacks wasteful. As for Barris, she probably would be useful in helping to clear GW. But again, I don't have much experience with her. I occassionally pull her into a GW node if my droids have taken too much damage. She's currently G8 and lvl ~75. I was slightly tempted to zeta her, but I don't use her. I think for your scenario, I'd give the next Zeta to Yoda.
  • Options
    Hi I read a lot about the zeta pros and cons. It's a pity that my guild hast no zeta chars yet. Plz. take look at my roster https://swgoh.gg/u/knatter/. I have an speed issue i am aware of (bad mods)! I realy can not decide whom to zeta tomorrow. Maybe i do zeta qgj. Please help me out of my mess. :)

Atm i stay rank around 100 in arena and 50 in ships. my Arena Team is Wedge (L), Lando, Biggs, Emperor, STH.

I am usually on Rank 1-3 on our guilds rancors. We just do Tier 6 AAT, because we are too weak for HAAT.

I REALLY want to 3star 9-B lightside Hard node to take shoretrooper shards on my daily schedule.

So round up:
    • Whom to zeta

Little summary after some weeks:

I did zeta Maul and change between zMaul, EP, Vader, DN, Sidi and zMaul, EP, Vader, ST, Sidi, . I climbed to 50 on Arena and about 30 on ships. My seccond zeta is not far away (17/20). My first reaction was frustration because i dropped to 150 on arena (I should have waited), because my sith were not rdy for arena. but i geared them fast and made improvements on mods. My guilde complained about my rancor scores and at the AAT i allways end up on Top3-Top5.

I still cant do the 9Bff on Light and dark. I really wana solve 9b and 9c light side 3star. (221-658-662 friend up with me, when you want to help me plz).

-> what changes do you would do on my arena team? Seccond zeta on Savage?
  • Options
    I would not recommend running a Maul lead without his zeta.

As for your characters, with the mix of sith that you have it would make sense to zeta maul in my opinion, especially if you have DN and ST at a reasonable place in terms of gear. Adding a SA to that mix would make it pretty solid wit EP under Zaul. It's what I currently run.
  • Knatterton
    24 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I would not recommend running a Maul lead without his zeta.

As for your characters, with the mix of sith that you have it would make sense to zeta maul in my opinion, especially if you have DN and ST at a reasonable place in terms of gear. Adding a SA to that mix would make it pretty solid wit EP under Zaul. It's what I currently run.

My Maul has a zeta ;) So no Savage and no seccond zeta, just swap to zMAul, EP, ST, DN, SA ? This would mean, i send a 10k Vader away from my team.
  • Options
    My thoughts are if you really want to run a pure sith team under a Zaul lead .. I'd suggest

Zaul, Zavage, EP, DN and SA
    Zaul Zavage, DN, SA, ST
    Zaul, Zavage, Zid, DN, SA or ST (basically your choice .. do you want TM bonus? Or a tank that's pretty tough)

I currently run Zaul, Zihilus, SA, ST, EP. It's been quite fun and successful for me on my shard. I'm working on putting my next Zeta on Savage and replacing EP with him. From running DN/SA/ST for quite some time, I can say they are really a solid trio that works extremely well under any sith lead.
  • Knatterton
    24 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    My thoughts are if you really want to run a pure sith team under a Zaul lead .. I'd suggest

Zaul, Zavage, EP, DN and SA
    Zaul Zavage, DN, SA, ST
    Zaul, Zavage, Zid, DN, SA or ST (basically your choice .. do you want TM bonus? Or a tank that's pretty tough)

I currently run Zaul, Zihilus, SA, ST, EP. It's been quite fun and successful for me on my shard. I'm working on putting my next Zeta on Savage and replacing EP with him. From running DN/SA/ST for quite some time, I can say they are really a solid trio that works extremely well under any sith lead.

Ok, but your trio is on Seven star
  • Options
    Yes but I've also run SA/ST at 4 stars before I upped them, and they are perfectly viable as long as you gear them up. They both have a specific (and critical) function in a sith team, and they are perfectly fine without max stars, so I think you'll see quite a difference when you start using them assuming you want to use a pure sith team
  • Options

So round up:
    • Whom to zeta

Little summary after some weeks:

I did zeta Maul and change between zMaul, EP, Vader, DN, Sidi and zMaul, EP, Vader, ST, Sidi, . I climbed to 50 on Arena and about 30 on ships. My seccond zeta is not far away (17/20). My first reaction was frustration because i dropped to 150 on arena (I should have waited), because my sith were not rdy for arena. but i geared them fast and made improvements on mods. My guilde complained about my rancor scores and at the AAT i allways end up on Top3-Top5.

I still cant do the 9Bff on Light and dark. I really wana solve 9b and 9c light side 3star. (221-658-662 friend up with me, when you want to help me plz).

-> what changes do you would do on my arena team? Seccond zeta on Savage?

So I am playing zMaul, zSavage, DN, Vader and EP and climbed to Rank 33 in Arena.

I cleared all dark nodes today (only 9b hard is not on 3star). So I am very satisfied. Next Zeta is going on DN. After that, my plan is to build a light side team to clear the nodes there. Thx to all of you for your guidance.